Forum Name: Boat Maintenance
Forum Discription: Discuss maintenance of your Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=12582
Printed Date: September-29-2024 at 5:28pm

Topic: New fuel tank
Posted By: kevin719
Subject: New fuel tank
Date Posted: December-26-2008 at 7:46pm
It has been a while but the southwind is almost finished!!:) Will post pics soon. My question is where is the best place to buy a new fuel tank?? My tank was rusty (inside and out)! I have been looking at the poly tanks on overtons site but are there any drawbacks to the poly? I went to the boat junkyard here in indy and the aluminum tanks that they had were v-bottom. My tank was a 30gallon and the dimensions are as follows 42"long x 14" wide X 12" tall. Any links and suggestions appreciated!

-------------
kevinindy

Replies:
Posted By: eric lavine
Date Posted: December-27-2008 at 11:22am
Im starting to be a big fan of the poly, it seems the aluminum tanks always crack or leak. I just pulled one out of a boat last week and all the aluminum angles that were welded to it were broken off. I think the aluminums will condensate more....thats me though, just passing info. never had a problem with the poly's

-------------
"the things you own will start to own you"

Posted By: kevin719
Date Posted: December-27-2008 at 11:29am
Good deal I went ahead and ordered a poly from overtons.They had the right size and 200 dollars didnt seem like a bad price with shipping included and a borge warner sending unit. How were these tanks fastened down to the shelf in the back from the factory?

-------------
kevinindy

Posted By: eric lavine
Date Posted: December-28-2008 at 11:42am
you may need to fabricate straps out of Stainless with a rubber cushion or use the southern boys method of bunji cords....no bunjis

-------------
"the things you own will start to own you"

Posted By: Riley
Date Posted: December-28-2008 at 12:22pm
There should be a kit you can buy from the manufacturer. Some kits won't work though. I bought a Tempo which was the perfect replacement for the old 18 gallon tanks. Their kit is too tight in the rear, so I will have to improvise.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window