Forum Name: Off Topic
Forum Discription: Anything non-Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=12983
Printed Date: September-16-2024 at 4:11pm

Topic: Lake ice
Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Subject: Lake ice
Date Posted: March-06-2009 at 11:51am
I noticed that Mike (WakeSlayer) mentioned he's still got plenty of ice up in Minnesota. We've still got plenty up in Wisconsin too. Here's some pictures of Charlie's (brady) boathouse/pier project (new pilings and decking) last week.

Overview

new pilings being offloaded these are the short (20') ones for the pier. The boathouse are 30's. The pilings that are pointed are the old jetted in piles that were pulled from the old dock.

Driving piles - oops, got a cable snagged!

boathouse being moved back onto new pilings

cribing used to roll boathouse to side

Barge and truck cranes

Looks like a good one for the "Megamovers" except, this work is being done is with a two man crew - a 79 year old with a 24 year old helper!! (and with Charlie's part time help)

Billy, you can't do this in LA.!!

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Replies:
Posted By: hasbeenskier
Date Posted: March-06-2009 at 10:09pm
I knew there had to be at least one good thing for a frozen surface. So how hard is the lake bed if the lake is frozen? And is the barge there until the spring thaw? It appears to be on the ice.
bj

-------------
hasbeenskier

Date Posted: March-06-2009 at 10:47pm
bj,
In shallower water the lake will freeze to the lake bottom and then the lake bottom will freeze similar to being on dry land. The frost depth up there is about 3 - 3&1/2 feet so if you have 2 feet of ice to the lake bottom then the soil below the ice will freeze down another 1 - 1&1/2 feet. In deeper water say over the 2 feet of ice in depth then you will have liquid water and unfrozen lake bottom below it. It stays unfrozen due to the warmer water in the deeper water.

In the one picture showing the pile driver, you'll see the steam generator they have been using to get through most of the ice and frozen soil. That, jackhammers and chainsaws are used to open up the spot where a pile is driven.

The barge is actually frozen into the lake. They brought it in and moored it there in the fall. You'll notice the shore side is higher because it's sitting on the lake bottom. They got the barge there before the full winter draw down on the lake water level.

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: 62 wood
Date Posted: March-06-2009 at 11:46pm
Pete,
What lake is that on?/ is that where your at?

pretty cool pics!

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1117&sort=&pagenum=6" rel="nofollow - 64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique

Posted By: 86BFN
Date Posted: March-06-2009 at 11:48pm
Wow, thats awesome and quite a project. Beatiful boat house too. Can't do that in Indiana either!
Thanks for the pictures!

Our lake is starting to open up here. been in the 50's. A few more days and we should be good to go!

-------------
👣 Steve
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=4057&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1986&yrend=1986" rel="nofollow - 86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG

Posted By: Brady
Date Posted: March-07-2009 at 10:03am
Steve,
Our boathouse is on Laurel Lake, the next lake east of Pete.

-------------
Charlie
Three Lakes, Wisconsin
69 Barracuda

Date Posted: March-07-2009 at 10:21am
Steve,
Not the same lake but the same chain. Charlie is one lake over from me. It's the Three Lakes side of the Eagle River - Three Lakes chain. There's a dam between with a boat lift to take you from one side to the other. 20 lakes on our side and 8 on the Eagle side. The lakes average between 180 to 1800 acres each - always calm water someplace. With one exception, you can boat all the lakes. It's not a reservoir so lake levels are consistent even during dry times and they can't pull it down like Lake Lanier!

Steve, (86)
Yes, it's been quite a number of years (at least 50) since wet boathouses have been permitted in Wisconsin. The DNR mentality is "back to nature" wanting a natural shore line. Under normal rules, a boathouse on the water (DNR governed) you are only allowed to put in 50% of the appraised value on repairs and maintenance over it's lifetime! They (DNR) would rather see them fall in the lake and then force you to remove it! Charlie has gotten around that by going though the long process of having his boathouse declared state historical site.

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: March-07-2009 at 10:45am
Pete,
It's a good thing Don's not a computer guy! He is closer to your age. He just looked 79 after being sick almost all of January.

-------------
Charlie
Three Lakes, Wisconsin
69 Barracuda

Date Posted: March-07-2009 at 11:05am
Originally posted by Brady Brady wrote:

Pete,
It's a good thing Don's not a computer guy! He is closer to your age. He just looked 79 after being sick almost all of January.

I thought you told me he was in his late 70's!! What do you mean "closer to my age"? Don't you mean closer to our age??!!

Well anyway, it's a older person with a helper. Lots different than a "Megamovers" crew!

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: 81nautique
Date Posted: March-07-2009 at 11:14am
What an awesome setting that must be, just a dream for most of us. Charlie, I remember meeting you in Green lake last year but don't recall what you have for boats? What do you keep in that georgeous boathouse?

-------------
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails

Date Posted: March-07-2009 at 12:45pm
Alan,

Yes we did meet at Green Lake, (hope to see you there again this summer). I have owned a 69 Barracuda since 1983 and it normally resides in the right-hand slip on chain falls. There is also a Sea Nymph aluminum fishing bout with a 25 Hp outboard, and a 16 Ft Crestliner with a 88 Hp outboard. In order to empty out the Boathouse for the restoration I had to find an alternate storage spot for the Barracuda, much to Pete's and my surprise it fit on his Tique trailer and is now parked in another friends garage. I have never had the boat on a trailer! My younger sister has been nosing around for a 93 or later used Nautique, so maybe the CC collection will grow.   My parents bought the place in 1953, and although my wife and I now own it, it is still very much a family place. My 91 year old mother will be spending a chunk of the summer, her 56th in a row!

-------------
Charlie
Three Lakes, Wisconsin
69 Barracuda

Date Posted: March-07-2009 at 1:52pm
Being able to spend younger days of my life up north sure provides me with lots of great memories of that boathouse. Chuck and I had lots of fun like hooking up the model T spark coil to the upstairs screen door handle. That of course was until we zapped someones dad! Chuck, who was that? My dad? Then there were the trap doors we built. One of them is in a section of the second story staircase. About 3 steps and risers hinge up so we could go from the first floor slips to the second floor without running around the outside. In later years there were plenty of parties upstairs. I think the whole group keep a good portion of the Rhinelander brewery going.

I'd like to add that the new pilings and decking is only the first step in the restoration. A new roof will be going on next week. Then there's the siding, windows and door repairs including the slip sliding doors. Charlie is hunting down the siding now and hopefully will find the same "drop" profile without having to have it custom milled. The very bottom row and in some places two rows need replacing. Siding vertical corner boards are pretty bad at the bottoms too. Last will be a paint job. With a on the water boathouse this is typically done just before ice out so the ladders can be placed on the ice. Daytime temps are usually high enough that you can still paint with a latex.

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: eric lavine
Date Posted: March-07-2009 at 1:58pm
Pete, we want to hear about Emmy Lou up in the boathouse lol

-------------
"the things you own will start to own you"

Posted By: BuffaloBFN
Date Posted: March-07-2009 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

Oh, the sikness?!!?   

-------------
http://correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2331&sort=&pagenum=12&yrstart=1986&yrend=1990" rel="nofollow - 1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO

Posted By: 86BFN
Date Posted: March-07-2009 at 2:20pm
I was thinking earlier when I posted that, I'm sure if that old boat house could talk it would have alot of stories to tell. LOL

Congrats to Charlie for getting it declared a state historical site!

-------------
👣 Steve
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=4057&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1986&yrend=1986" rel="nofollow - 86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG

Date Posted: March-07-2009 at 2:29pm
Dont worry Pete, when older Emmy lou got me above her garage i didnt know what to do either

-------------

Date Posted: March-07-2009 at 3:07pm
Eric,
There are in fact quite a few stories, but since Pete is keeping quiet, I guess I should to!

86 BFN
Thanks, it has been a long process but there is light at the end of the tunnel. We are now considered a National Historic Landmark

-------------
Charlie
Three Lakes, Wisconsin
69 Barracuda

Date Posted: March-07-2009 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

Well Eric, I can honestly say there wasn't a Emmy Lou in my life and a connection with the second floor of the boathouse! There certainly were other people and I do seem to remember a story about Charlie! The opportunities were there at times but most of the time there was always plenty of people and activity going on. The second story was a guest overflow for the house so there is a double bed and two twins up there!

One of the other pastimes was jumping or diving out of the second story windows.

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: March-07-2009 at 3:19pm
actually the girl that got me was known as packrat, I'll leave it at that

-------------

Posted By: BuffaloBFN
Date Posted: March-07-2009 at 3:41pm
Someone needs to decide on something productive to do for the day! LMAO

And before you say it, I have a pine tree almost burned up and out of my way.   

-------------
http://correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2331&sort=&pagenum=12&yrstart=1986&yrend=1990" rel="nofollow - 1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO

Date Posted: March-07-2009 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

I've been waiting for some CPES to kick so I can continue with cutting/fitting the compound curve/bevel on the hull sides of the new spray rails I'm making for my X.

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: March-07-2009 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

Just came in for lunch, had to check out ccf ...

Just got done putting a water pump on my old backhoe, now getting ready to clean shop. Who knows, maybe get time to start building the 283 for the Higgins later today or tomorrow?

BTW Pete,they have to move the boat house because of needing new pilings?

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1117&sort=&pagenum=6" rel="nofollow - 64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique

Date Posted: March-07-2009 at 4:05pm
Steve
The Boathouse, house and garage were moved across the lake in the winter of 48/49. At that time the boathouse was set on jetted norway pine piles which have deteriorated over time, also the shore side piles, which are exposed to ground frost have heaved over the years and been pushed back. I have been working on it over the years, but it was time for a complete redo. It will now be sitting on 31 30ft. treated southern yellow pine piles which are driven much deeper than the old ones, and should last much longer.

-------------
Charlie
Three Lakes, Wisconsin
69 Barracuda

Date Posted: March-07-2009 at 4:31pm
Charlie,
How far are you and Pete from Eagle Lake? We are planning to be there the last week of May..

-------------

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique

Date Posted: March-07-2009 at 4:48pm
Steve,
Are you going to Eagle lake in Eagle River, thats only about 10 to 15 miles away. Also if your visit corresponds with Memorial day weekend, I'm sure to be up there and Pete is usually there on the holiday weekend. Are you bringing a boat? Where exactly are you staying?

-------------
Charlie
Three Lakes, Wisconsin
69 Barracuda

Date Posted: March-07-2009 at 4:57pm
Steve,
Eagle Lake in Racine county? If so, about 275 miles. It's just over the border and so close, I'm not to sure I'd even call it Wisconsin. BTW, CQ isn't that far from Eagle Lake. What are you doing there?

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: March-07-2009 at 5:02pm
Just checked dates, looks like we will be there the week before Memorial weekend... something like 23rd thru 29th.

Not sure where we are actually staying, my daughter and son-in-law are treating us for all the times we've helped work on their house in M.waukee. Is there a Treehouse resort? I'm pretty sure it is in the Eagle River area, and I think on Eagle Lake. And yes, I am planning to bring one of my boats...probably the 64 'Skier.

-------------

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique

Date Posted: March-07-2009 at 5:09pm

Steve
The Boathouse, house and garage were moved across the lake in the winter of 48/49.

This is another interesting story! The original owner of the 3 buildings belonged to a condo type club started at the turn of the century by mostly Chicago Northwestern railroad execs. The land was common (still is) but each member had title to his buildings. Well, this member got "blackballed" from the club (politics that to this day are always a problem!!). The other members thought they were forcing the sale of the 3 buildings. Well, he outsmarted them, hired a house mover and they pulled the buildings across the ice with teams of horses! I guess they figured horses could swim and or were expendable more than a truck!! Really, the way I understand it, horses with ice cleats on their hoofs have lots more traction than chaining up truck tires!

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: March-07-2009 at 5:27pm
Steve,
Ok, you'll be at Tree house village of Lake Forest. It's a relatively new time share resort in Eagle River.

Keep me posted when you're confirmed. I'll be up the memorial weekend getting all the boats in for the summer. Love to see you and Pam especially since you have the GL problem this year.

The trip by water over the dam onto the Three Lakes chain (lots more water) would be a interesting day trip for you. However, there may be a problem. There is talk about Three Lakes closing down the channel from the dam to the first lake to boats. The Eagle side which is lower has a problem with AIS and we (Three Lakes) do not want it up on our end. Shutting down the channel would stop one potential source.

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: March-07-2009 at 5:40pm
Steve,
Even if the lift is closed, and Im not sure that it will be, you would want to trailer to the upper chain, as it's bigger and more interesting boating! And as a special treat you may get a ride in Petes Rinker.

-------------
Charlie
Three Lakes, Wisconsin
69 Barracuda

Date Posted: March-07-2009 at 6:29pm

Steve,
And as a special treat you may get a ride in Petes Rinker.

No, No, No!! That thing is going right out to Sportsman's on consignment again at a very reduced price. I don't what to deal with it or store it for another winter! Plus, I didn't renew the insurance on it in 07!

Besides, I think a ride in your Crestliner with the 88 Hp would be even more exciting!

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: March-07-2009 at 6:52pm
Steve, if you need an older mallory diz for that 283, I'll put it aside for you, just post a ship to address, think of it as goodwill

-------------

Date Posted: March-07-2009 at 6:56pm
actually, I have a complete engine im pulling to have around to pick parts from, its complete, manifolds appear to be in good shape, its from a 78 fourwinns OMC set up, but it has many crossover parts that you may be able to use. just let me know
Eric

-------------

Date Posted: March-07-2009 at 9:31pm
Eric, that'd be cool! I havent gotten into the original diz yet. Being its a 68 vintage Pacer conversion, Im guessing it might need some attention.

I tried to email you thru your homepage, but it wouldnt work. I you want, drop a note to me at      kten72@yahoo.com .

Thanks again!

-------------

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique

Posted By: Riley
Date Posted: March-07-2009 at 9:49pm
I'd like to see what this boat lift looks like. We have a hand operated lock and bridge that is on the river between Sebago and Long Lakes.

The quotes came with the pics. The lock can be a PIA.

-------------

Date Posted: March-07-2009 at 10:34pm
Bruce'
It's a Gantry type crane on rails with a cradle for picking a variety of boat types and rolling across the road from the upper to the lower chain.

-------------
Charlie
Three Lakes, Wisconsin
69 Barracuda

Date Posted: March-07-2009 at 10:49pm

http://www.wvic.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=category§ionid=2&id=3&Itemid=36 - burnt rollways hoist

I'd guess the lift is about 15'from the lower Eagle River side to Three Lakes.

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: Riley
Date Posted: March-07-2009 at 11:15pm
What do they charge for that? And how backed up do they get? I think the locks was $7.00 round trip last year. It can hold about a dozen boats.

-------------

Date Posted: March-07-2009 at 11:26pm
Bruce,
It's been years since I've been over the dam but I will go there ether by car or boat a couple times each summer just to check it out. I've never seen more that one boat waiting and would have to say that's on a busy holiday weekend. The last I heard the lift charge is $3.00 for a round trip. The lift from one side to the other takes about 10 minutes at the most.

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: March-08-2009 at 1:34pm
Steve, I'll pull it from the engine and put it aside for you. if you need anything else from the engine let me know. call me 877-369-6693to confirm...I wont toss it

-------------

Posted By: LaurelLakeSkier
Date Posted: March-08-2009 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

Just checked dates, looks like we will be there the week before Memorial weekend... something like 23rd thru 29th.

On my calendar that looks like Memorial day weekend. If you get over to the Three Lake side of the chain, be sure to let one of us know. I'm just across the lake from Charlie and around the bend and through the channel from Pete.

Date Posted: March-08-2009 at 11:36pm
Steve,

Looks like a mini reunion!

-------------
Charlie
Three Lakes, Wisconsin
69 Barracuda

Date Posted: March-09-2009 at 12:08am
Man, my dementia is setting in again! I must have been looking at the wrong calander.

Im not sure what is planned for the weekend when we first get there.   Would be cool to get toghether if schedules allow!!    How long is everyone going to be around that week?

-------------

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique

Date Posted: March-09-2009 at 9:56am
Steve,
I just took a look at the calender and I'll probably drive up on the 22nd and then drive home on the 26th.

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: March-09-2009 at 10:24am
Steve,
I will probably be up there the same as Pete, unless work stays as slow as it is now, in which case I will stay longer.

-------------
Charlie
Three Lakes, Wisconsin
69 Barracuda

Date Posted: March-09-2009 at 1:10pm
http://www.randmcnally.com/rmc/road_trip/poi_id/249000713/Eagle+River/Wisconsin/cmty/0/travel_map/explore/exploreCityMap.jsp - Eagle River/Three Lakes map

Steve,
If you open up this link, you'll see the Eagle River area/chain-lakes. Panning south and east will get you to the Three Lakes area/chain-lakes.
One of Rand McNallys errors has always been the mislabeling of Laural lake and not labeling Medicine lake. Medicine lake is actually labled as Laurel and Laurel is actually the lake to the southeast of the island.

I'm on Medicine lake in the south bay next to Hwy. 32 (I also have lake frontage on Spirit lake too) The Tique would probably be in the lift (Medicine lake).

Charlie is on the north shore of Laurel and you certainly can't miss a big white boathouse.

Mark is across the lake in a bay to the southeast of Charlie. You would be able to spot his place by a MC in a lift (yes, a MC!!!) as well as a Whaler in the lift next to it.

Watercraft Sales (fuel) is in the south bay of Island lake.

A day trip over the dam to explore the chain fully would be fun. Try to plan on it. Oh, I found the current fee on the lift. $5.00 each way - I told you it's been years since I've been over it!!! When you get closer to the trip, I'll get you phone numbers and address's.

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: March-09-2009 at 9:42pm
Our schedule will be about the same....up on Friday night head back late on Monday. Summer won't start this year 'till almost the middle of June. After that, we'll be around and (with a bit of luck) skiing every day 'till the end of August.

Date Posted: March-09-2009 at 11:32pm
Mark,
You just have to rub it in! You lucky dog you.

-------------
Charlie
Three Lakes, Wisconsin
69 Barracuda

Posted By: quinner
Date Posted: March-10-2009 at 12:08am

Steve,
I will probably be up there the same as Pete, unless work stays as slow as it is now, in which case I will stay longer.

In that case, do you have room for a few more??

Mark,

That is an awesome boat house, and knowing how tough the Wisco DNR is, quite an accomplishment. Can't wait for the invite for the entire CCFan Contingent to stay there, How many Chain Falls do you have for sleeping accomodations?

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1143" rel="nofollow - Mi Bowt

Date Posted: March-10-2009 at 8:56am
Chris,
There are 6 chain-falls, tho I;m not quite sure how many are required for a good nites sleep... if thats what your after. Maybe a griphoist of come-along would be more to your liking.

-------------
Charlie
Three Lakes, Wisconsin
69 Barracuda

Date Posted: March-10-2009 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

[QUOTE=Brady]
Mark,

That is an awesome boat house, and knowing how tough the Wisco DNR is, quite an accomplishment. Can't wait for the invite for the entire CCFan Contingent to stay there, How many Chain Falls do you have for sleeping accomodations?

The boathouse is over on Chuck's side of the lake....it was nice of him to extend an invitation per your request!

Date Posted: March-11-2009 at 12:20pm
Charlie and Mark,
Should we tell CQ about Weasels? Actually I seem to remember he already knows of the place!!

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: March-11-2009 at 9:14pm
Pete,

Something tells me that Chris has that location hardwired in the internal GPS. Didn't he say that he bought his boat from Watercraft?

-------------
Charlie
Three Lakes, Wisconsin
69 Barracuda

Date Posted: March-11-2009 at 9:23pm

Pete,

Something tells me that Chris has that location hardwired in the internal GPS. Didn't he say that he bought his boat from Watercraft?

Yes and when he was picking up his boat is when I think his GPS took him out to Weasels!!

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: March-12-2009 at 12:58am
I think county zoning just grandfathered them in for an expansion project. Chris will need to pay a visit to check out the upgrades.
Last time I was in there, it was still the Modernaire....thats been a while.

Date Posted: March-12-2009 at 8:29am
Mark,
How is it that you have avoided that place for all these years?
The Mod, now theres a name you don't hear much any more.
I forget, do you put your boats in on Memorial day weekend or do you get up earlier?

-------------
Charlie
Three Lakes, Wisconsin
69 Barracuda

Date Posted: March-12-2009 at 11:05pm
I'll try to get the dock/lifts/boats in before Memorial Day weekend but will have to see how well that plan works out. Looks like we'll be heading up the weekend of March 21. I'll walk over to your side of the lake for a first hand look at the new home for the boathouse....looks good in the photos.

I hope to pull the small Whaler home then, ski season should start here in a couple of weeks and that works out well for the early season conditioning and is easy to trailer.

Date Posted: March-12-2009 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Pete,

Yes and when he was picking up his boat is when I think his GPS took him out to Weasels!!

If we happen to all sit together at the GL dinner again this year, remind me to tell you all a story!!

Originally posted by LaurelLakeSkier LaurelLakeSkier wrote:

I'll walk over to your side of the lake for a first hand look at the new home for the boathouse....looks good in the photos.

No more skating or walking on our lake this year, half the ice has gone out this week, Should be all open water soon!

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1143" rel="nofollow - Mi Bowt

Date Posted: March-13-2009 at 9:17am
Mark,
I went back to work last Tuesday, but I will have to get over to check on the roofers progress, so maybe I'll see you on the 21st. If you don't see me could you please snap a few photos of the job? Did you hear about Jeff Bonacks passing, I still can't believe it.

Chris,
Weasels just won a zoning case involving his right to expand the place, so I imagine that will happen soon. Do you still get up to the Three Lakes area?

-------------
Charlie
Three Lakes, Wisconsin
69 Barracuda

Date Posted: March-13-2009 at 3:23pm

Do you still get up to the Three Lakes area?

Just waiting on Pete to do the Group invite, LOL.

Have not been up that way in a few years, it sure is a beautiful part of Wisco.

-------------

Date Posted: March-13-2009 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Do you still get up to the Three Lakes area?

Just waiting on Pete to do the Group invite, LOL.

Have not been up that way in a few years, it sure is a beautiful part of Wisco.

Chris,
Actually it has crossed my mind a few times. It was even brought up once as a alternate to GL when that was being discussed. I'd love to do it but now the problem is logistics. Unlike Moj who seems to have the spare time to put things together I'll need to retire first!! Still a possibility. I couldn't think of a better place for a reunion. Plenty of water (lots more than GL) but made up of small lakes so there's plenty of calm water. Campgrounds are limited to two Wisconsin state sites but plenty of lodging elseware. Of course we always have a big white boathouse with 6 chainfalls in it as a alternate!!! No problem with eats and several on the water too. Oh, no sandbar ether!

The old MACBA (Midwest Antique Classic Boat Association) used to have 3 day outings that I helped organize but I wasn't the key organizer. All it takes is time!! I created the on water scavenger hunts and posted all the "hints" on the lakes. They got the attendees to almost every lake on the upper (Three Lakes) chain.

Now, I'm not saying you're not welcome to come up - anyone is always welcome!

We also have several other CCfan members in the area. JD (cudas51) is a full time resisdent as well as Ryan (watercraft). I also know we have some lurkers - incognito. Plenty of CC's from all the years of Watercraft selling them.

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Print Page | Close Window