Forum Discription: What's new at CorrectCraftFan.com
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=14141
Printed Date: May-23-2024 at 2:52am

Topic: New Forums!
Posted By: Keith
Subject: New Forums!
Date Posted: June-24-2009 at 3:34am
Hi Everyone,
I know that it was very inconvenient to have the Forums down for most of the day today. Unfortunately, it took much longer than expected for the full upgrade to a new version of the Forums. I am hoping it will all be worth it however.

We should see improved performance from the new Forums along with some very nice new features.

I've made some other changes to the site that should contribute ot increase page load times thanks to both Joel and Anthony.

Please note, most of you will need to log into the Forums to start posting again.

Again, thank you for your patience.

-Keith

-------------
Former:
/diaries/details.asp?ID=6170" rel="nofollow - 97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang

Replies:
Posted By: bkhallpass
Date Posted: June-24-2009 at 4:12am
Hey Keith,

Everything seems to be working now. Performance seems to be good. About an hour ago, could read the forums, but active topics was not working. Seems to be working now.

You happen to have a list of the new and/or improved features?

Thanks for hooking us up.

BKH

-------------
Livin' the Dream

Date Posted: June-24-2009 at 4:14am
Hey Brain,
Thanks for the feedback. I'll put together a list of the new features tomorrow. I think I'm going to call it a night.

Have a good one!

-Keith

-------------
Former:
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang

Posted By: carnes99
Date Posted: June-24-2009 at 4:52am
New site is great! It's much faster loading pages. Everthing looks really good with the new controls. Great Job!!!

-------------
Keep mama happy and life is GOOD!
Josh
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=4465&yrstart=2001&yrend=2005 - 2005 SAN LE

Posted By: lewy2001
Date Posted: June-24-2009 at 4:56am
Keith new interface looks cool. It will take a little while to get familiar with it.

I like the arrow at the end of the thread line that takes you to the last post on the thread and the Online status in the avatar.

-------------
If you're going through hell, keep going

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2999" rel="nofollow - 89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: June-24-2009 at 9:59am
Thanks Keith, Joel and Anthony.

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: almabes
New forums look great. Now I'll never get anything done at the office!

-------------
favorite computer wisdom: net helpmsg 4006
'76 Martinique PCM 351W

Posted By: 86BFN
Keith, as always, Great Job. Worth the wait!   

-------------
đź‘Ł Steve
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=4057&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1986&yrend=1986" rel="nofollow - 86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG

Posted By: The Lake
Date Posted: June-24-2009 at 10:28am
Wonderful!

Chuck

-------------
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

http://correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=775&sort=&pagenum=3&yrstart=1966&yrend=1970 - 69 Ski Nautique

Posted By: OverMyHead
Date Posted: June-24-2009 at 10:45am
The site ROCKS! Nice work.

-------------
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Posted By: lfskizzer
Date Posted: June-24-2009 at 10:45am
Very Awesome Keith,

Thanks also to Joel and Anthony

-Phil

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=4457 - 2008 Ski Nautique 206
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2683 - 1985 Ski Nautique 2001 Series

Posted By: BuffaloBFN
Date Posted: June-24-2009 at 10:56am
Change throws me for a loop.   

I'll catch up and the performance is top notch!

-------------
http://correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2331&sort=&pagenum=12&yrstart=1986&yrend=1990" rel="nofollow - 1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO

Posted By: Morfoot
Date Posted: June-24-2009 at 11:09am
Good Stuff! Thanks for all you do for us Kid's!

-------------
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: June-24-2009 at 12:02pm
I'm getting used to the new version, but what about posting pictures? Yet to come or am I missing something?

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: 65 'cuda
Date Posted: June-24-2009 at 12:23pm
I noticed that the boats for sale on the left side of the screen don't change, when clicked, Keith's first mustang comes up every time.

-------------
Gary

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=941" rel="nofollow - 1965 Barracuda SS

Date Posted: June-24-2009 at 12:40pm
Hi Gary,
You're correct. In order to speed up page load times, Joel helped me create 'Session' variables. This means that each time you visit the site it counts as one session. You close your browser and return, it counts as another session.

The boats on the left, the banners and the Nautique News are random for each person and for each session but stay the same for your session and don't reload with every page. This should drastically cut down the number of calls to the database, hence speed up page load times.

Now, I am concerned if you are seeing my old Mustang as it is no longer For Sale and shouldn't show up in the filter. Are you seeing my old Mustang?

-Keith

-------------
Former:
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang

Date Posted: June-24-2009 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

I'm getting used to the new version, but what about posting pictures? Yet to come or am I missing something?

Pete,
The 'Quick Reply' at the bottom of a thread does not have a photo upload icon. However, if you click the 'Post Reply' button or 'New Topic' button and you'll find the link to image and upload image icons in the new post form.

-Keith

-------------
Former:
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang

Posted By: 65 'cuda
Date Posted: June-24-2009 at 2:44pm
Yes, I still see your old mustang every time, If I click on the fish nautique, I see your mustang, if I come back and click on the barefoot nautique below it I still get your old mustang. ???

-------------
Gary

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=941" rel="nofollow - 1965 Barracuda SS

Posted By: TRBenj
Date Posted: June-24-2009 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by Keith Keith wrote:

Now, I am concerned if you are seeing my old Mustang as it is no longer For Sale and shouldn't show up in the filter. Are you seeing my old Mustang?

Yup, I am too- all the for sale ads on the left link to your Mustang.

Everything looks great with the new forums, Keith! The only thing I would change is the standard width for pictures in the forums- not sure if thats possible or not, but a bit wider would be nice. Going to the bottom of the post to scroll to the right is kind of a pain.

-------------

Posted By: WakeSlayer
Date Posted: June-24-2009 at 3:28pm
Wow, that is SOOO much faster!!   

Thanks Keith, for all you do for the site.   

It will be a great pleasure to meet you in Green Lake.

Mike

-------------
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Posted By: kapla
Date Posted: June-24-2009 at 4:21pm
good the forum is back!!! i was starting to suffer from forumless dicease
thanks keith and team....

-------------
<a href="">1992 ski nautique

Posted By: Tim D
Date Posted: June-24-2009 at 4:47pm
We need a little "remember me" box you can check like other sites have, so you don't have to log in every time.

-------------
Tim D

Date Posted: June-24-2009 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by Tim D Tim D wrote:

We need a little "remember me" box you can check like other sites have, so you don't have to log in every time.

Tim,
You shouldn't have to log in everytime. When you log in, are you checking 'remember me'? I'd try deleting your cookies and then log in again.

-Keith

-------------
Former:
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang

Date Posted: June-24-2009 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by 65 'cuda 65 'cuda wrote:

Yes, I still see your old mustang every time, If I click on the fish nautique, I see your mustang, if I come back and click on the barefoot nautique below it I still get your old mustang. ???

Very strange. I'm not getting that at all. I've tried both IE and Firefox. Have you guys tried closing your browsers and then returning to the Forums?

Thanks for the feedback!

-Keith

-------------
Former:
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang

Posted By: akabulla
Date Posted: June-24-2009 at 5:30pm
Keith it looks really good! Thanks for all the hard work and the awesome site. The only issue I see is when there are large pictures posted one on top of each other, it puts a scroll bar at the bottom of that post so if you want to see a picture you have to go to the bottom of the thread and the scroll over and then move back up to see the rest of the image.

Posted By: akabulla
Date Posted: June-24-2009 at 5:33pm
Sorry, one more thing! When you click on a link in an email for a thread it isn't bringing you to the page in the link. It looks like the url variable changed from TPN to PN. I would be glad to write you some java or asp you could put on the page and redirect to the correct page. Let me know, I would be glad to help! Thanks!

Posted By: 85jws
Date Posted: June-24-2009 at 6:47pm
Keith,

The new forums are great. I did think that I was going to go crazy yesterday as I needed some help and couldn't find any of my correctcraftfans. Thanks for all that you do. Thanks to Joel and Anthony also. Super fast.

Jay

-------------
Jay
Current 2000 Air Nautique

Old 1985 Ski Nautique

Posted By: arktrans
Date Posted: June-24-2009 at 6:54pm
How can the forums be search?

Date Posted: June-24-2009 at 7:04pm
You should see a Search link with icon in the menu bar at the top of each page in the Forums. In addition, you can now search a topic from the first post.

- Keith

-------------
Former:
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang

Posted By: 85jws
Date Posted: June-24-2009 at 8:24pm
Keith,

I am not getting email notifications when someone replies to a post I created. Not complaining just a heads up. I went back in and logged in to make sure my email address was still in my profile. Anybody else having this happen?

Jay

-------------
Jay
Current 2000 Air Nautique

Old 1985 Ski Nautique

Date Posted: June-24-2009 at 9:11pm
Thanks for the feedback. I need to adjust the email settings. You're not the only one with this issue. Will work on it tonight.

Thanks,
- Keith

-------------
Former:
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang

Date Posted: June-24-2009 at 9:21pm
Brian,
Here is one of the new features: YouTube video...

-------------
Former:
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang

Posted By: The Godfather
Date Posted: June-24-2009 at 10:46pm
Keith,

When you click on your boat photo, it does not go to the diaries page ?

Dave

I'm I missing something ?

Date Posted: June-24-2009 at 10:58pm
Hey Dave,
I need to build that fuction back into the Forums (the don't come that way). I'm planning to work on the bugs tonight with my first priority to get Jbear logged on. .

- Keith

-------------
Former:
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang

Date Posted: June-24-2009 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Originally posted by Keith Keith wrote:

Yup, I am too- all the for sale ads on the left link to your Mustang.

Everything looks great with the new forums, Keith! The only thing I would change is the standard width for pictures in the forums- not sure if thats possible or not, but a bit wider would be nice. Going to the bottom of the post to scroll to the right is kind of a pain.

tim I agree on the width of the pictures and having to scroll to see them...I was looking here if anybody noted that....the rest is great

-------------

Date Posted: June-24-2009 at 11:29pm
i like the forum jump!! it makes it quicker to change sectionsss

-------------

Date Posted: June-24-2009 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by The Godfather The Godfather wrote:

When you click on your boat photo, it does not go to the diaries page ?

Dave, all fixed. The avatar boat photos now link to Diaries listings.

-Keith

-------------
Former:
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang

Date Posted: June-24-2009 at 11:53pm
Man, that was fast.

Thanks

Date Posted: June-25-2009 at 12:07am
NP. Working on the email issues now.

-Keith

-------------
Former:
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang

Date Posted: June-25-2009 at 12:11am
Okay, testing new email function. Dave, or anyone, let me know if you get an email confirmation from this post.

Thank you,
Keith

-------------
Former:
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang

Posted By: lfskizzer
Date Posted: June-25-2009 at 12:21am
I got an email keith if they dont chime in

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=4457 - 2008 Ski Nautique 206
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2683 - 1985 Ski Nautique 2001 Series

Date Posted: June-25-2009 at 12:22am
Okay, seems like all email functionality is now working properly. Those who were having trouble requesting their password, please try again. The system should be sending out emails fine now.

Thank you,
Keith

-------------
Former:
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang

Posted By: 79TiqueRebuild
Date Posted: June-25-2009 at 12:40am
Thanks I got my password And logged in again. Thanks.... Monty

Date Posted: June-25-2009 at 1:30am
Okay, I found the issue and have fixed the links from the For Sale boats in the left-hand column.

Now, I see I need to fixed the 'no diaries ID in profile but linking anyway' issue.

-Keith

-------------
Former:
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang

Date Posted: June-25-2009 at 1:37am
Keith,

Not on my daughters computer sorry..

And by the way still waiting on the fight times...hehe

Date Posted: June-25-2009 at 2:02am
Okay, phantom avatar links with no Diaries ID issue has been fixed.

The scrolling boxes for large images will be a bit harder to fix since this is hardwired into the Forums. I'll look into that and see what I can do.

Thanks,
Keith

-------------
Former:
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang

Date Posted: June-25-2009 at 2:23am
Keith great work with the new look I know it will take a while to sort through all the little issues.

One thing I have noticed is that I have a lot of unused space on my screen that is running 1280 X 1024 that I don't remember having on the old interface. I imagine it is even worse on a widescreen monitor. It does make the page clear and easy to read but makes the post very long. What screen resolution is the new interface setup to use?

I like the set width feature in that when somebody posts a picture which is to big for the screen page size it puts a scroll bar on that post. On the old Forum interface it was always a problem when somebody posted a large picture or a group of pics without a carriage return between them.

It now appears to use the scroll bar even when you just quote a previous comment. Some of the old threads that had picture sizes that fitted now have to be scrolled across to see the rest of the pic. Would it be possible to increase page size to use as much of the available area as possible? Most web sites appear to be optimised for 1280 X 1024 screen resolution not many using 800 X 600 anymore.

Not a compliant at all just I thought if it can be done it would make viewing easier.

-------------

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2999" rel="nofollow - 89 Ski

Posted By: quinner
Date Posted: June-25-2009 at 2:41am
Keith,

Looking good, one thing I will miss is the Profile box under everyone's post, made it easy to find someones name while replying to a post. Also liked seeing the persons location other than just their country. My screens do have quite a bit of white space outside the orange band and same on the opposite side.

Like the others, no complaints, just giving some feedback.

Edit: Just went to my profile and updated location, looks like it was lost in the translation.
Also realized if you click the members name a drop down allows gives you an option to see profile.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1143" rel="nofollow - Mi Bowt

Posted By: p/allen
Date Posted: June-25-2009 at 2:50am
Chris You could put your location in your signature.With a little more detail if you would like .

-------------
Pat
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w146/72ccfan/100_5977-1.jpg - My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.

Date Posted: June-25-2009 at 3:06am
Chris if you click on the down arrow next to your username the profile is there. Lots of neat features just need to discover them all.

-------------

Posted By: scottb
Date Posted: June-25-2009 at 12:22pm
I like the "What's going on" table on the Forums home page. Interesting to see how many people are reading the forums rather than doing work.

Posted By: Tim D
Date Posted: June-25-2009 at 12:56pm
Keith, I was doing the "quick log in", I didn't click on the icon.

-------------
Tim D

Posted By: SNobsessed
Date Posted: June-26-2009 at 12:28am
Keith - I like the timer report at the bottom. It averages 4-5 seconds for me.

Oops, don't mean to start another average post!

-------------
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin

Date Posted: June-26-2009 at 1:50am
Keith,

Got your email thanks...

Dave

Posted By: mr_beat
Date Posted: June-26-2009 at 11:36am
Speed is much better and much more consistant!
I seem to be having trouble with the "Post options" button throwing an error on page and was not able to uplaod images either.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=4210 - 1985 SN 2001

Posted By: Nautique2001
Date Posted: June-26-2009 at 11:42am
Keith, awesome job with the site. Looks and performs great!

Ken

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1052&sort=&pagenum=4&yrstart=1986&yrend=1990" rel="nofollow - Nautique 2001

Posted By: bkhallpass
Date Posted: June-27-2009 at 2:22am
One thing I miss is the edit function. I'm constantly hitting the send button only to see my spelling errors when the post comes up on the screen. BKH

-------------
Livin' the Dream

Posted By: jbear
Date Posted: June-27-2009 at 2:51am
Me too Brian....lots of mistakes even with my 2 finger method. Plus an awful lot of new stuff for this guy to get used to...but I am working at it.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...

Posted By: Gary S
Date Posted: June-27-2009 at 12:46pm
It's still there guy's,it's under post options to the right of the screen across from your name. Click on that. I must make more mistakes,so I had to find it!

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1711&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1966&yrend=1970" rel="nofollow - 69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Posted By: pwningjr
Date Posted: June-27-2009 at 11:54pm
Keith-

On resizing pictures to not have to have the scroll bar, what dimensions fit without a scroll bar? Previously I would resize pictures to 700x525 but I'm thinking they may be on the large side.

-------------
Jay
"Proud to be a geek"
Big Heavy (stephan): One can't always be perfect when water dancing on your shred stick.

Posted By: Chopper
Date Posted: June-28-2009 at 1:58am
Originally posted by lewy2001 lewy2001 wrote:

Keith great work with the new look I know it will take a while to sort through all the little issues.

One thing I have noticed is that I have a lot of unused space on my screen that is running 1280 X 1024 that I don't remember having on the old interface. I imagine it is even worse on a widescreen monitor. It does make the page clear and easy to read but makes the post very long. What screen resolution is the new interface setup to use?

I like the set width feature in that when somebody posts a picture which is to big for the screen page size it puts a scroll bar on that post. On the old Forum interface it was always a problem when somebody posted a large picture or a group of pics without a carriage return between them.

It now appears to use the scroll bar even when you just quote a previous comment. Some of the old threads that had picture sizes that fitted now have to be scrolled across to see the rest of the pic. Would it be possible to increase page size to use as much of the available area as possible? Most web sites appear to be optimised for 1280 X 1024 screen resolution not many using 800 X 600 anymore.

Not a compliant at all just I thought if it can be done it would make viewing easier.

Is this what it is.? I thought I had a setting changed on my comp. I can noly see 1/2 the pictures.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1540&sort=&pagenum=2&yrstart=1996&yrend=2000 - 98 Ski

Date Posted: June-28-2009 at 3:17am
The overall Website width is based on the template not the Forums. I may change this but it's much more involved than making adjustments to the new Forums. The 'non-stretch' function of the new Forums (were it adds a scroll bar) seems to have mixed reviews, some like it and some don't.

I won't have a chance to modify this feature for some time. So, to answer the question about ideal image size, 500 pixels wide should display the image without a horizontal scroll bar.

Thanks,
Keith

-------------
Former:
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang

Date Posted: June-28-2009 at 11:45pm
Keith,

Look's like my diarie photo is the old one again.

But when you click on the photo, it show's the new photo ????

It was working fine this morning. And is their a way to fix the picture size on your end or will I have to send the photo again ?

Dave

Date Posted: June-29-2009 at 12:06am
Dave, it's still your new photo. You old photo must be cached on your computer. Try deleting your temp Internet files.

-Keith

-------------
Former:
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang

Date Posted: June-29-2009 at 12:17am
Will do...

By the way, you like the photo....

Dave

Posted By: 67nautique312
Date Posted: June-29-2009 at 4:58pm
Love this site!!!!

You have brought alot of people together and lots of lifelong Friendships have been made through this site!

Thanks to you Keith!!! this site Kicks Ass!!

Paul,

-------------
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique

Date Posted: June-29-2009 at 8:26pm
Thanks Paul. Happy birthday man!

-------------
Former:
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang

Posted By: 62 wood
Date Posted: June-30-2009 at 1:11am
Keith,
Some times you gotta feel like a mother hen trying to keep all the chicks happy!

Could you ever have imagined what this site has turned into?

All I can say is WOWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1117&sort=&pagenum=6" rel="nofollow - 64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique

Posted By: 67nautique312
Date Posted: June-30-2009 at 10:28am
Keith....Thanks!

Steve....I'm bringing my daughter and two friends to help clean it........sorry you can't be here Sat. to help me clean it....lol

-------------
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique

Posted By: scottb
Date Posted: June-30-2009 at 12:51pm
Keith, thanks for the hard work. The improvements are great.

Note to everyone else - click on the link to the Member Control Panel above and you can update your location to your home town. I always like to see where everyone is from.

Scott

Posted By: Dank
Date Posted: June-30-2009 at 6:20pm
Just a test...new forums look great!

My diary link seems to be broken, looks like this:

-------
Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'

Type mismatch: 'HTMLEncode'

/diaries/details.asp, line 325
-------

Any idea what's up?

-------------
"I don't know what the world may need, but a http://correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=886&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1986&yrend=1990" rel="nofollow - V8 engine's a good start for me"

Date Posted: July-01-2009 at 1:01am
Sorry about that. It wasn't just you but it's all fixed now.

Thanks for the heads-up!

-Keith

-------------
Former:
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang

Posted By: Dank
Date Posted: July-01-2009 at 1:43pm
Thank YOU for the fix :)

-------------
"I don't know what the world may need, but a http://correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=886&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1986&yrend=1990" rel="nofollow - V8 engine's a good start for me"

Date Posted: July-05-2009 at 12:04pm
Keith - I am sure it is a lack of skill on my part, but I haven't been able to correctly put in a link to another post (from ccf). I use the link button %20 - & then C &P the URL into the [URL=]. I put a name between them. The link takes me to the site index but not the actual page. What am I doing wrong?

Chris

-------------

Ben Franklin

Date Posted: July-06-2009 at 5:20pm
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13149&PN=14&FID=15&PR=3&title=2009-ccf-midwest-reunion--green-lake-wi - Test Link

Chris, I'm not sure. I just tested it again myself and it seems to work fine. My only guess is that you're not grabbing the entire URL. Make sure you copy the entire URL (there is a lot of info passed in the URL which gets you to the correct page in a thread).

If you can't get it to work, post the URL and we'll go through it step by step and see if we can find the issue.

Thanks,
Keith

-Keith

-------------
Former:
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang

Posted By: 81nautique
Date Posted: July-06-2009 at 9:00pm
Chris, I've had that happen before where the link I inserted directed me back to ccfan.com. What I found corrected it was I HAD to use http:// before the url.

In other words http://mywebsite.com would work but just pasting in www.mywebsite.com or mywebsite.com doesn't work anymore. I saw that happen intermittently before the upgrade as well.

-------------
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails

Date Posted: July-07-2009 at 1:32am
Here goes a test:

http://correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13801&KW=&PID=159409&title=back-from-shoulder-surgery#159409%20 - Wall of water

It's working now! I think I might have left a space after the URL=.

-------------

Ben Franklin

Date Posted: August-03-2009 at 3:07pm
Hi All,
Per request, I have expanded the width of the Forums to 1,040 pixels to accommodate larger images.

I've also modified the 'Subject' in the notification emails so that the Topic is first. Makes it easier to read on small screens.

Thank you,
Keith

-------------
Former:
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang

Posted By: storm34
Date Posted: January-26-2010 at 7:33pm
Keith, new background looks good!

-------------

Date Posted: January-26-2010 at 8:31pm
I noticed the new background when I logged on, and thought I wonder how long that has been there.

-------------

Date Posted: January-26-2010 at 9:50pm

Nice..

Posted By: storm34
Date Posted: January-26-2010 at 11:04pm

I noticed the new background when I logged on, and thought I wonder how long that has been there.

Lewy, Musta been this morning..I was up late last night (Iowa time) and didn't see it then!

Kinda like waking up at christmas with presents under the tree!

-------------

Posted By: Gary S
Date Posted: January-26-2010 at 11:14pm

Glad I'm not alone

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1711&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1966&yrend=1970" rel="nofollow - 69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Date Posted: January-27-2010 at 11:46am
Really? I added the background weeks ago ... just kidding. I've been meaning to add this for months but just got around to it yesterday.

Glad everyone likes it.

-Keith

-------------
Former:
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang

Print Page | Close Window