Forum Name: Boat Parts For Sale
Forum Discription: Parts for sale only
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=14854
Printed Date: September-16-2024 at 4:25pm

Topic: parting out barefoot nautique
Posted By: rookie
Subject: parting out barefoot nautique
Date Posted: August-10-2009 at 2:21am
recently picked up what i believe is a 1983 b.f. nautique no seats but all the rest of the boat is there -gauges,shafts props,rudder,chrome emblem, platform, ring and finger, windshield and speedo's..if you are interested in anything send me an e-mail and i'll shoot you a picture of the part. will sell the whole boat less motor for 1k.includes trailer
thanks for looking
Dave
petersdave53@yahoo.com

-------------
do it right the first time...

Replies:
Posted By: SN206
Date Posted: August-10-2009 at 3:01am
Could you post some pics?

-------------
...those who have fallen and those who will.

Date Posted: August-10-2009 at 3:02am
I need the ring and finger.

-------------

Posted By: tullfooter
Date Posted: August-10-2009 at 11:24am
Where are you located?

-------------
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Date Posted: August-10-2009 at 11:35am
sorry will post pics when it stops raining and i can get some of the boat, I'm in florence ,Ms.
I don't want to scalp anyone on the parts so just make a fair offer after you check on shipping from 39073 zip to you.
thanks
Dave

-------------

Date Posted: August-10-2009 at 11:37am
never thought it would be such a hard decision to scrap one of these boats...like having to shoot an old hunting dog!!!

-------------

Posted By: behindpropeller
Date Posted: August-10-2009 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by rookie rookie wrote:

never thought it would be such a hard decision to scrap one of these boats...like having to shoot an old hunting dog!!!

After reading your first post in this ad it sounds like you bought it to part it out.

-------------

Posted By: TRBenj
Date Posted: August-10-2009 at 2:17pm
Dave, I sent you an email about the speedos and steering wheel. Im sure I will come up with a longer list!

-------------

Date Posted: August-10-2009 at 3:46pm
Dave sent you an email about the ring and finger.

-Ryan

-------------

Date Posted: August-10-2009 at 10:08pm
originally purchased because it was bigger and I have 3 kids ...you know the senario...however it was after I got it home and really started looking that i realized just too much work to replace stringers and floor on another one and block and buff and paint and so ..on..and on. plus after 25 yrs of blissful marriage..I kinda like sleep'in in the house..if ya know what I mean! anyway thanks for looking and thanks for the interest.

-------------

Posted By: Donald80SN
Date Posted: August-10-2009 at 10:39pm
Rookie,

I also have been sending you some e-mails.

Donald

Posted By: TRebhan
Date Posted: August-11-2009 at 11:12am
Dave,

I sent you an email about the morse control. Do you still have it?

-------------
VT. Nautique

Posted By: lewy2001
Date Posted: August-11-2009 at 11:47am
Interested in the boom clamp and any other parts you may have for the boom. Will send email

-------------
If you're going through hell, keep going

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2999" rel="nofollow - 89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta

Posted By: Nautique2001
Date Posted: August-11-2009 at 12:15pm
Just zipped you an email about your mirror with the black knobs.

Ken

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1052&sort=&pagenum=4&yrstart=1986&yrend=1990" rel="nofollow - Nautique 2001

Posted By: storm34
Date Posted: August-11-2009 at 2:03pm
Dave, Just sent you an Email

Chris

-------------

Posted By: snipe
Date Posted: August-11-2009 at 10:18pm
Looking for the two Speedos. Are they still there???? How much????

easchmandt@wi.rr.com

Posted By: Excel94
Date Posted: August-12-2009 at 12:01am
I'd like to know more about the trailer. Can you post a photo of it?

Tim

Date Posted: August-12-2009 at 12:31am
I would like to thank you all for your interest in the parts..and publically apologize for being so slow in responding to some of you with pics and the like. I will try to be better prepared if there is a next time.
b.f emblem / ring and finger/ horn cover /are sold..
thanks again
dave

-------------

Date Posted: August-12-2009 at 12:33am
snipe
speedos are both there and working trbenj has first shot i sent him some pics earlier. check back with me via e-mail and i'll send pics if he doesn't want them.
dave

-------------

Posted By: gstengel
Date Posted: August-12-2009 at 12:31pm
Is the teak swim platform available? If so, please let me know price and email pics to glen.stengel@gmail.com

Thanks

Date Posted: August-12-2009 at 12:51pm

snipe
speedos are both there and working trbenj has first shot i sent him some pics earlier.

Still waiting on pics, but since theyre in working shape, I want them!

-------------

Posted By: behindpropeller
Date Posted: August-12-2009 at 6:49pm

originally purchased because it was bigger and I have 3 kids ...you know the senario...however it was after I got it home and really started looking that i realized just too much work to replace stringers and floor on another one and block and buff and paint and so ..on..and on. plus after 25 yrs of blissful marriage..I kinda like sleep'in in the house..if ya know what I mean! anyway thanks for looking and thanks for the interest.

I understand your pain!

Good luck on the part sale!

Tim

-------------

Posted By: BuffaloBFN
Date Posted: August-12-2009 at 7:07pm
I agree with Tim, good luck and I realize it's probably worth more as parts.

What it makes me think of though is a VW body that's never been hit...no so many around.   

-------------
http://correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2331&sort=&pagenum=12&yrstart=1986&yrend=1990" rel="nofollow - 1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO

Date Posted: August-13-2009 at 12:47am
platform is gone,ring and finger are gone, speedo's i think trbenj bought?,barefoot natique dash emblem is gone,horn cover is gone,i think the throttle assembly is gone(todd?),doghouse latches are under the knife as is the capacity emblem,i think paul wants the pylon? once again please send offer via e-mail as i cannot access this site at work but i can recv e-mail via cell phone and will get back to you...i will be selling some of the non automotive use engine parts as well 454 just not sure what they are yet..thanks for all the interest and please be kind when i start shopping for the 78sn...haha
dave
p.s. i agree with the vw comment,especially after i took some comet to the horn cover- the gel coat ain't bad under the dirt!

-------------

Posted By: james440ci
Date Posted: August-13-2009 at 1:22pm
Can you give me the motorbox dimensions? I need one for a bigblock. If it's right I'll buy.

james440ci@charter.net
715 210 1092

-------------
James440ci, 67 ski nautique

Date Posted: August-13-2009 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by james440ci james440ci wrote:

Can you give me the motorbox dimensions? I need one for a bigblock. If it's right I'll buy.

james440ci@charter.net
715 210 1092

James, youre looking for a somewhat rare bird. The big block motorbox is wider than the small block version, so that really limits your choices. The other problem is that most big blocks came in Barefoot Nautiques, and because of the deep-v hull, the engines sat much lower in those- so the motorboxes werent as tall. My guess is that to find a fiberglass box that would work without modification, you would need to stumble across a big block Ski Nautique version (which they made in the 80's).

What CC did in the 60's to fit over the big blocks (and other wide motors, like Chrysler small blocks) was to build one out of wood. That would probably be your best bet! Here are a few 1st gen Ski Nautiques with the wood box:

-------------

Posted By: julian1972promo
Date Posted: August-13-2009 at 3:43pm
what year is the boat I need a rudder and prop for 1972 ski nautique.
call me 805 452 6933

Date Posted: August-14-2009 at 1:16am
i think it's a 1983 from the color scheme and the trailer ...not totally sure - i bought it from a storage yard at a salvage sale and no title was needed.

-------------

Date Posted: August-14-2009 at 1:18am
i have been told the rudder will fit a 1978 sn but i'm not positive about your sn..sorry i couldn't be more help ...maybe ask the audience..they know a lot more than i do..how about sn xperts

-------------

Date Posted: August-14-2009 at 1:22am
James, youre looking for a somewhat rare bird. The big block motorbox is wider than the small block version, so that really limits your choices. The other problem is that most big blocks came in Barefoot Nautiques, and because of the deep-v hull, the engines sat much lower in those- so the motorboxes werent as tall. My guess is that to find a fiberglass box that would work without modification, you would need to stumble across a big block Ski Nautique version (which they made in the 80's).
i agree with benj. the motor box looks way to low from a profile shot to cover up even the 302 in my stang-17. i will measure if you want but i can't ship it no time to build the ark it will require to arrive alive.
dave

-------------

Date Posted: August-14-2009 at 1:27am
update the boat is nearly naked ..(like the old queen she still looks proud)-- except for prop and rudder-steering assembly the rest will be cash and carry.. thankyou for helping me recover my investment and get a few goodies for my 78sn resto project..you all are the greatest!!!
thanks and god bless
rookie
dave

-------------

Posted By: james440ci
Date Posted: August-14-2009 at 12:22pm
I'm not looking for a motor box that fits, (would love it though), I'm looking for one that I can modify to fit, I need a starting point.

james

-------------
James440ci, 67 ski nautique

Posted By: keegan99usa
Date Posted: August-14-2009 at 7:44pm
What do you want for just the hull? Where are you located.

-------------
Is it Summer yet??

Posted By: ultrahots
Date Posted: August-15-2009 at 2:42am
Do you still have the 3 Skegs or fins off the bottom center of the boat ?

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6960&sort=&pagenum=2&yrstart=1986&yrend=1990" rel="nofollow - 1980 Show Nautique

Posted By: Andy
Date Posted: August-15-2009 at 9:21pm
Email sent, thanks!

-------------
http://correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=3721&sort=&pagenum=6&yrstart=1982&yrend=1982" rel="nofollow - My Blue 82 SOLD!

Posted By: Donald80SN
Date Posted: August-16-2009 at 1:21am
Dave,

I got my part today and I am thrilled. You have been great to work with. You sure did a great job with the packing also.

CCFANS, I highly recommend working with Dave on parts.

Thanks,

Donald Tilley
Donald80SN

Posted By: 79barefoot
Date Posted: August-18-2009 at 4:38pm
How about the strut and prop, what shape is it in what size and pitch. Also do you have any idea on the condition of the ta=ransmission?

Posted By: davidjhawthorne
Date Posted: November-09-2009 at 3:59pm
i am very i..interested in the 2 speedometers...i need a match...are they avail and in working cond? thanks...david

Date Posted: November-09-2009 at 4:01pm
David, youre a little late- rookie's speedos went into my '79 in August.

-------------

Posted By: KH85SN2001
Date Posted: November-11-2009 at 3:55pm
Dave, Do you still have drive shaft I need one for a 85 SN2001 it is 1" single taper about 52" long if so let me know and how much.

Thanks,
kennie

Posted By: Mojo
Date Posted: November-11-2009 at 8:52pm
Ken,
What are you doing with the hull and trailer...???

Moj'

-------------
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Posted By: keegan99usa
Date Posted: November-12-2009 at 12:13pm
I'm still interested in the hull also.

-------------
Is it Summer yet??

Posted By: KH85SN2001
Date Posted: November-12-2009 at 12:32pm
Hey guys I'm not the one with the boat for sale rookie is I was wanting to buy the drive shaft.

Kennie

Posted By: anthonylizardi
Date Posted: November-12-2009 at 2:35pm
I am interested on the barefoot boom clamp. Do you still have it? Send me an e-mail, anthonylizardi-at-gmail.com.

Posted By: lewy2001
Date Posted: November-16-2009 at 12:05am
Sorry Anthony the boom clamp now resides in Australia.

Once again thanks Dave for all your trouble.

-------------
If you're going through hell, keep going

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2999" rel="nofollow - 89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta

Posted By: 84BF454
Date Posted: November-24-2009 at 12:46am
i have a shaft out of my 84 barefoot 1"by 52 if you need one!!!!

-------------
msa84bf454

Posted By: 84BF454
Date Posted: November-24-2009 at 12:48am
what about the windshield frame!!!!

-------------
msa84bf454

Print Page | Close Window