Print Page | Close Window

Proud papa!

Printed From: CorrectCraftFan.com
Category: General Correct Craft Discussion
Forum Name: Ski, Ride and Foot Talk
Forum Discription: Share photos, techniques, discuss equipment, etc.
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=15118
Printed Date: September-25-2024 at 8:59am

Topic: Proud papa!
Posted By: 65 'cuda
Subject: Proud papa!
Date Posted: August-30-2009 at 11:17pm
Made it out early for ski club practice this morning, getting ready for next weekend's ski show. (Not skiing, just using the Barracuda to pull a kneeboarder around between the trick passes by the skiers and boarders).

Must have been a little peer pressure, because Colin, my six yr. old, decided today was the day he would ski. I, of course, had long given up this summer and no longer even put his trainers in the boat.

We scrounge up a set of crusty trainers, rig a ski rope for the "parent" pull, and give him a spotter in the water to send him off. First try , he stands up too quick and goes right down, second try gets up for a few seconds, third try, he stays in a little crouch and ski's for half a minute down the lake!

Wish I had a camera in the boat! Way to go Colin!

-------------
Gary

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=941" rel="nofollow - 1965 Barracuda SS

Replies:
Posted By: SNobsessed
Date Posted: August-30-2009 at 11:37pm
There's no turning back! He will be getting airborne next year. Better get him a kid's slalom for Christmas!

-------------
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin

Posted By: quinner
Date Posted: August-31-2009 at 11:12am
That is awesome Gary!!

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1143" rel="nofollow - Mi Bowt

Posted By: Morfoot
Date Posted: August-31-2009 at 11:33am
Good stuff Gary. Sounds like you were more excited than he was! Can't believe you didn't have a camera. We expect to see some pics next time.

-------------
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"

Posted By: The Godfather
Date Posted: August-31-2009 at 8:27pm

Enjoy the moment...

Posted By: Okie Boarder
Date Posted: September-03-2009 at 5:51pm
Congrats! Get some pictures next time ;-)

Posted By: behindpropeller
Date Posted: September-03-2009 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by 65 'cuda 65 'cuda wrote:

Made it out early for ski club practice this morning, getting ready for next weekend's ski show. (Not skiing, just using the Barracuda to pull a kneeboarder around between the trick passes by the skiers and boarders).

Must have been a little peer pressure, because Colin, my six yr. old, decided today was the day he would ski. I, of course, had long given up this summer and no longer even put his trainers in the boat.

We scrounge up a set of crusty trainers, rig a ski rope for the "parent" pull, and give him a spotter in the water to send him off. First try , he stands up too quick and goes right down, second try gets up for a few seconds, third try, he stays in a little crouch and ski's for half a minute down the lake!

Wish I had a camera in the boat! Way to go Colin!

What ski Club are you with?

You guys should come up and ski with us sometime.

Tim

-------------

Posted By: 65 'cuda
Date Posted: September-04-2009 at 3:53am
Our "ski club" is just a group of friends that put on a show each labor day weekend for the end of the year party. We have some pretty decent boarders, and one guys is a very good all around skier: footing , tricks, Ladder on the saucer, you name it he's down for it. Lots of fun! Colin says he's going to try a wake board this weekend.

-------------
Gary

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=941" rel="nofollow - 1965 Barracuda SS

Posted By: Mojo
Date Posted: September-04-2009 at 11:31am
Gary,
Kick butt man... There's nothing better than to watch them get over that apprehension and go for it. Once they do, ask for "Gas Gift Cards" cause you're gonna need it !! Hahaha Give Colin huge "high fives" from the Mojo crew !!

-------------
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Print Page | Close Window