Forum Name: Engine Repair
Forum Discription: Engine problems and solutions
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=16259
Printed Date: August-19-2024 at 9:25am

Topic: 1974-351 windsor intake
Posted By: Cslaten33
Subject: 1974-351 windsor intake
Date Posted: January-12-2010 at 5:18am
Guy I have a 1974 Ski Nautique. Im putting a new 351 Windsor in it. I have beefed up the cam and now Im stumped on what intake I should use. Please help.

-------------
Thanks Clark Slaten

Replies:
Posted By: 81nautique
Date Posted: January-13-2010 at 12:48pm
Edelbrock Performer, Performer RPM and Weiand Stealth are popular choices. Depends on what you want the boat to do, pull skiers, go fast or both. Give us some details on cam and heads you put on.

-------------
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails

Date Posted: January-13-2010 at 8:30pm
I would like to have all the power I need to pull skiers and tubes. But I also want the boat to go 48-50. Really My god father has a Master Craft its a 205 with a LS-1 engine. I he runs like 49.6 MPH I would like to out run him. My 74 ski nautique was his very frist boat.

Thanks Clark Slaten

-------------
Thanks Clark Slaten

Posted By: lewy2001
Date Posted: January-13-2010 at 9:44pm
Put some GT40P heads on with a good intake and you should smoke that Master Craft.

As Allan suggested any of those choices should be fine Summit also have a clone that looks good value.

-------------
If you're going through hell, keep going

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2999" rel="nofollow - 89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: January-13-2010 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by Cslaten33 Cslaten33 wrote:

and tubes.

And what??? Clark, this certainly must be a misprint. Please don'r tell me you are serious!!! If you are serious, you sure are going through alot of effort for a tubing boat!!!

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: January-13-2010 at 10:42pm
Hey the kids like the tube.

-------------
Thanks Clark Slaten

Date Posted: January-13-2010 at 10:45pm
Where can I get the GT40P heads?

-------------
Thanks Clark Slaten

Date Posted: January-13-2010 at 10:45pm
And how much are they???

-------------
Thanks Clark Slaten

Posted By: Gary S
Date Posted: January-13-2010 at 11:23pm
http://www.tristatecylinderhead.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=40&osCsid=0d313602ac46a6d62818602466fe9234 - Tri State Cylinder Heads GT40p
This is where some of us got them.

Here is another http://cylinder-heads.com/ - Clearwater
They are if I remember right around 250 ea for stock rebuilt ones

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1711&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1966&yrend=1970" rel="nofollow - 69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Posted By: critter
Date Posted: January-14-2010 at 1:30am
And just what is wrong with tubing at 50mph ??
Other than the obvious of it being deadly...

-------------
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda

Posted By: critter
Date Posted: January-14-2010 at 1:31am
If you are going to pull the heads, go ahead and put a Cam Research Cam and lifters in it too.

-------------
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda

Date Posted: January-14-2010 at 4:09am
Critter I have already paid for a better cam and lifters. They are sitting in the shop ready to go in. I will tell you what the cam is tomarrow. I can not remember off the top of my head and I really dont want to go out to the shop and look right now. Although it is warming up here in Tulsa, OK.

-------------
Thanks Clark Slaten

Date Posted: January-14-2010 at 4:12am
Damn $600 for the heads. I think I will stay with what I have. LOL
Thanks

-------------
Thanks Clark Slaten

Date Posted: January-14-2010 at 4:51am
The more I research the more I want the Weiand Stealth. What kind of gain will the have over the stock intake?

-------------
Thanks Clark Slaten

Date Posted: January-14-2010 at 10:09am
Clark,
What rotation is the 351 you're putting in the boat? Talking about the cam you have, you what to make sure it's correct.

Get the kids up on skis or a board next summer. You'll find they will enjoy it even more. It's challenging and will develop skills.

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: eric lavine
Date Posted: January-14-2010 at 10:20am
that was my first thought Pete, if i were a betting man....

-------------
"the things you own will start to own you"

Posted By: lewy2001
Date Posted: January-14-2010 at 10:28am
Clark I noticed you have the original long motor in the for sale section.

Is the replacement engine a marine reverse rotation or a automotive long block? Have you run the engine in the boat yet it may require a LH prop if it is. Like Pete and Eric said what cam do you have RH or LH rotation.

The Stealth manifold is 2.5" taller than the stock and may require a lower profile arrestor to fit under the engine cover.

-------------
If you're going through hell, keep going

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2999" rel="nofollow - 89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta

Posted By: PAPA
Date Posted: January-14-2010 at 2:38pm
Clark, I put a Edelbrock Performer RPM on my 1977 with a K & N #59-3264 flame arrestor to make sure the engine box cover would still fit.

Posted By: TRBenj
Date Posted: January-14-2010 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by PAPA PAPA wrote:

Clark, I put a Edelbrock Performer RPM on my 1977 with a K & N #59-3264 flame arrestor to make sure the engine box cover would still fit.

FYI, that K&N filter may only have a 2" element, but has an overall height of 3.75". Its probably taller than the stock arrestor (usually 3"). You can barely squeeze on a 2" arrestor over the carb overflow tubes, but its an option if clearance is an issue. Either way, I wouldnt recommend the K&N- especially considering the price and performance increase (none).

Im not sure theres much to be gained with an intake change alone. Youre talking maybe 5-10hp, tops. If staying with the stock heads, its probably not worth going more aggressive than the standard Performer. The RPM or Stealth are great intakes if upgrading your whole top end (head/cam/intake).

-------------

Date Posted: January-14-2010 at 7:34pm
Tim, as Clark said, he has the new cam, so why not put on the RPM? He can always do the heads or other more aggressive upgrades later and then you already have a good intake. As you said, not much to be gained if putting it on by itself with stock everything else. As for the K&N; my boat had a huge 5+ inch flame arrestor probably put on by a previous owner for some reason and I needed the clearance on my application. You have to admit it sure looks better than a stock one.

Date Posted: January-14-2010 at 7:46pm
The K&N looks good, but there are stock arrestors that look better, IMHO! The SS Barbron ones are pretty nice.

The heads are the major choke point on the 351w... if you were only going to do one thing, that would be it. Changing the cam and the intake really doesnt make any sense by themselves. If he was smart and wanted to save money, then he would have bought one set of gaskets and done the heads, intake and cam at the same time. That would have gained him 80hp for $1200 (gaskets included) and pushed him into the low to mid 50's. His combo now (cam and intake) probably cost almost half of that with the gaskets and will only gain him 15-20 hp, tops. I stand by my advice!

-------------

Date Posted: January-14-2010 at 9:05pm
I'm waiting to see what the cam specs are and I was going to run a desktop dyno for him with the stock heads and the a comparison with the gt40p's.

I'm with Tim on this because you get 2 things with the Gt40p's, one being better breathing and 2 being almost a full point increase in compression ratio. The heads alone are worth approx 40hp. The cams not going to make a huge difference if the restrictions are there with stock heads, you could do a little home porting on the stock heads but it's not going to get you much.

Without changing heads I would not spend the money on an aftermarket intake. I took some heat for stating that on another thread but I still feel it's a waste of money even if this is a hobby.   

When it comes down to decision time on the intake I prefer the RPM over the standard performer BUT I like Summits clone of the RPM because you don't need the crappy adapter plate for the square bore Holley carb eliminating a possible vacuum leak and a second gasket. I know Tim runs a Stealth and I don't think you need the adapter for that intake either. I stay away from Edelbrocks simply for that reason.

-------------

Date Posted: January-14-2010 at 9:28pm
The engine going back into the boat is a LH rotation the sa
e that came out. The cam is to as well

-------------
Thanks Clark Slaten

Date Posted: January-14-2010 at 9:44pm

The engine going back into the boat is a LH rotation the sa
e that came out. The cam is to as well

So the engine that came out wasn't the original engine ether.

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: January-14-2010 at 9:44pm
[QUOTE=81nautique] I'm waiting to see what the cam specs are and I was going to run a desktop dyno for him with the stock heads and the a comparison with the gt40p's. QUOTE]

Some time I have to have you run mine Alan, after all that work I did on mine last spring I didn't even pick up 1 mph.Low to midrange seems to have picked up. I need to get ahold of Reid or Matt to see about a prop next. What info do you need to run it?

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1711&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1966&yrend=1970" rel="nofollow - 69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Date Posted: January-14-2010 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Some time I have to have you run mine Alan, after all that work I did on mine last spring I didn't even pick up 1 mph.Low to midrange seems to have picked up. I need to get ahold of Reid or Matt to see about a prop next. What info do you need to run it?

Didnt you try a 12x13 OJ, Gary? That prop should have pushed the boat well. I like the Acme 1210 better on my Skier, but both are good wheels.

The one detractor to installing the P heads on the earlier 289/302 is the drop in compression you'll see. Flow should be much better. I think if you tell Alan which intake youre using and get him your cam specs, he can run the software.

-------------

Date Posted: January-15-2010 at 12:43am
Clark, believe it or not, guys were putting in cams and intakes on this motor for over twenty five years before the GT40P heads even came out and I am sure a lot of them got more than a 15-20 horsepower pick up. It will depend on your cam grind on how much you will pick up. I can understand with the new long block on not wanting to buy another set of new heads at this time. Just remember, the RPM and the Stealth will both work with the cam and any future head install.

Date Posted: January-15-2010 at 1:12am
Originally posted by PAPA PAPA wrote:

Clark, believe it or not, guys were putting in cams and intakes on this motor for over twenty five years before the GT40P heads even came out and I am sure a lot of them got more than a 15-20 horsepower pick up.

The heads in question arent the P heads- its the terrible flowing 302 based E7 ones that came on the stock 351w marine engines! Better heads have existed for the 351w since the very early days- the 1969+ D0OE heads come to mind. You dont have to take our word for it though- Alan will run the desktop dyno once he is given the cam specs.

-------------

Date Posted: January-15-2010 at 1:45am
http://www.compcams.com/Cam_Specs/CamDetails.aspx?csid=889&sb=2

Here is the hyper link with all the specs for the cam that I am going to use. unless you guys think I should go with something else.

Thanks Clark Slaten

-------------
Thanks Clark Slaten

Date Posted: January-15-2010 at 1:47am
What is a set of brand new 351W heads worth?? Never ran. Straight from the factory? If someone needs them or wants them. I will sell them so I can get the GT40P heads.

Thanks Clark Slaten

-------------
Thanks Clark Slaten

Date Posted: January-15-2010 at 2:04am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Didnt you try a 12x13 OJ, Gary? That prop should have pushed the boat well. I like the Acme 1210 better on my Skier, but both are good wheels.
The one detractor to installing the P heads on the earlier 289/302 is the drop in compression you'll see.

I tried one before the head change Tim. Reid let me try an OJ 12x13 and a Federal 12x14.The Federal was better up to the high 30's and 4k then neck and neck with the OJ.The OJ did give me an extra 100 rpm's at wot. I'm still using the Federal. The head chamber volume is really close to my originals,my old heads,D20E-BA were 58.3 and the P's are 58.8
In my haste to put the heads on,I forgot to cc my block,but my flat top pistons are .030 over.So I don't know what my compression ratio really is.

-------------
95 Nautique Super Sport

Date Posted: January-15-2010 at 3:41am
Gary what does all that mean?

-------------
Thanks Clark Slaten

Date Posted: January-15-2010 at 8:35am
Okay I screwed the pooch on this one. Next time I won't buy anything until I make a thread and let it get kicked around for atleast two weeks. But for real with the specs. I left earlier on the cam and going with the RPM intake. What do you guys think I will run? If someone would like to cutt me a check for the GT40P heads fell free. LOL

Thanks for letting me know I screwed up on the Intake and cam purchase.
When were young we can't win them all. Especially since my boat has 11 years on me.

Thanks Clark Slaten

-------------
Thanks Clark Slaten

Date Posted: January-15-2010 at 11:19am

Gary what does all that mean?

Bottom line it means I spent some money and got nothing--- yet. So I have to spend some more

-------------
95 Nautique Super Sport

Date Posted: January-15-2010 at 1:15pm
Clark, that cam doesnt look too bad, actually- if you were upgrading the heads, that is. Usually the cam is the final piece of the puzzle- a good cam builder will take all the other components and specs (heads, intake, compression ratio, etc) into consideration, talk to you about the application and your goals, and them come up with a recommendation that will work best. That being said, that Comp Cam isnt too far off what I have in my '90 (351w with GT40p/Stealth/etc). I would highly recommend you make a decision on the heads first, then pick an intake, and then call http://www.camresearchcorp.com/ - Cam Research instead. They only do Fords and they do ski boats- many of us here have been very pleased with their products.

Gary, Ive noticed about a 200rpm difference between the OJ 12x13 and Federal 12x14 (the OJ running higher). I thought the holeshot with the OJ was better though. Top end was close. The Acme 1210 Im running now turns 100 more rpm than the OJ. The engine seems to like more RPM... of course my Skier is only turning 4200, 4400, and 4500 with the 3 props, respectively... its an underperformer. Do you still have your cam specs?

-------------

Date Posted: January-15-2010 at 2:34pm
Tim, I was going to say the same about the cam, it'snot a bad piece but no matter what I do in Desktop dyno it's not performing with those old heads. It's making about the same power but has moved it in a higher rpm range.

Stock 351

Clarks 351 with the comp cam and performer intake, stock heads

Clarks 351 with gt40p heads, comp cams and performer intake

It has certainly broadened the torque curve though. I was expecting more out it than that even with the gt40p heads. I would still give Scott a call and see what he thinks of it.   The lift numbers seem to be decent but the timing events are different than ours.

-------------

Date Posted: January-15-2010 at 3:00pm
Hey thanks for all the great advise.

-------------
Thanks Clark Slaten

Date Posted: January-15-2010 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

I was expecting more out it than that even with the gt40p heads. I would still give Scott a call and see what he thinks of it.   The lift numbers seem to be decent but the timing events are different than ours.

Wow, thats quite a bit different than the one you ran for me (stock exhaust). With the P heads and my Cam Research stick (.490/.490, 218/222), my peak power was 311 @ 5000 and max torque was 396 @ 3000rpm. What a difference a cam can make!

Much better than than the 280ish hp with the Comp, and a huge difference in the torque numbers as well (or was the scale on the right different?).

-------------

Date Posted: January-15-2010 at 4:47pm
That's why it took me so long to get this posted Tim. The numbers don't add up and I wanted to check everything. Although the lift on that comp cam is close to what you're running the valve timing events are not so that must be the difference. I guess Cam research specializing in Fords plus the fact that he's run ski boats for years must be worth something.

Also don't overlook the stock exhaust manifolds and mufflers.

-------------

Date Posted: January-15-2010 at 9:37pm
I don't know if this makes a differnce but I'm running stock mannifolds with straight pipes.

-------------
Thanks Clark Slaten

Date Posted: January-15-2010 at 11:15pm

I don't know if this makes a differnce but I'm running stock mannifolds with straight pipes.

Biggest problem with this program is that it really doesn't allow for marine exhaust so there are some assumptions I have to make get reasonable results. The stock manifolds and mufflers option is about as close as I can come to what we have on our boats for exhaust. The next option is headers with mufflers and the number jump nice and high but it's not practical for us unfortunately.

-------------

Date Posted: January-15-2010 at 11:19pm
I hope Clark doesn't mind my hijacking,but I thought it would help him too. Tim, I'm running a Holley 450cfm carb on a Holley Contender dual plane manifold with stock rocker arms.The Federal runs @ 4200 and the OJ @ 4300. With my old prop, 12x13 and old heads it would run 5k but it was 3mph slower. Here is the cam card-

One other thing is this and I'm not really sure you can compare the two because of throttle settings and load,is Marshalls seems to ride further back than mine,what do you think?

See what you get mixed up with Clark ?,it's addicting, and now I'm driving to Florida next month to get a fix

-------------
95 Nautique Super Sport

Date Posted: January-15-2010 at 11:26pm
Tim getting back to the cam, there's a module of desktop dyno called Pro Iterator and what it does is take the engine you enter in the system and run test simulations on it based on user input. For instance, I ran a sim of Clarks engine as it sits now with the stock heads, his comp cam and a basic dual plane intake. The program takes his cam lift and then runs simualtions using differentcam event timing and tries to define better specs for torque, HP, torque or HP under the curve.

When I ran Clarks motor the program came up with 11,300 different interations and it found him 29.5 hp using teh same lift on his comp cam but spec'ing new timing events. Only problem I have with it is it's an advanced feature that I have to buy and add on so it lets me use it and shows what I could achieve but won't give me the specs to get there without buying the upgrade.

I also ran yours and it only found 3.2 HP so again cam research is pretty darn close on these things. I'll buy the upgrade soon because it could be interesting and you know if I wasn't working on teh Hurricane the "other" tool box would be out.

With my heads, I find I am really under cammed. Came up with about 16 hp (396 at 5600rpm)and stretched the torque out further to the right. I know this is all speculating but it is fun.

-------------

Date Posted: January-15-2010 at 11:31pm
Gary I'll try to set up a run on your motor, give a day or so as I have to do it on my work computer.

Marshalls boat rides beatifully in that picture, Thats what we all shoot for but few of us get it. You'ld have to ask Reid if they ever took the grinder to it You'ld be amazed at the punny little cam in that boat but it's running some major compression, I believe close to 11:1 IIRC. Another Pinkham Penninsula freak.

-------------

Date Posted: January-15-2010 at 11:32pm
Here's one I found with a little more speed,but still looks to me, bow down.

-------------
95 Nautique Super Sport

Date Posted: January-16-2010 at 12:33am
No hurry Alan,just sitting here dreaming,since we broke the back of winter

-------------
95 Nautique Super Sport

Date Posted: January-16-2010 at 3:24pm
Gary, those numbers are underperforming for sure. If I didnt know that you had removed all your foam, Id say you were carrying some extra weight! Something is definitely going on there...

Marshall's boat definitely rides bow high. I dont believe its ever been ground- if it has, it was minimal. I believe Reid's baby blue ran more bow-low initially, and it took a lot of grinding to even them up.

-------------

Date Posted: January-16-2010 at 7:50pm
Maybe I'M heavier ???

-------------
95 Nautique Super Sport

Posted By: SNobsessed
Date Posted: January-16-2010 at 8:17pm

I believe Reid's baby blue ran more bow-low initially, and it took a lot of grinding to even them up.

Tim - Just curious - what do they grind on the hull? Do they take the hook out?

-------------
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin

Date Posted: January-16-2010 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by SNobsessed SNobsessed wrote:

I believe Reid's baby blue ran more bow-low initially, and it took a lot of grinding to even them up.

Tim - Just curious - what do they grind on the hull? Do they take the hook out?

Correct- the intention of the grinding is to lessen the effect of the hook, or eliminate it completely.

-------------

Date Posted: January-17-2010 at 4:52am
How do you guys know about all of this???
The company that I bought my cam from, do you guys think they will take it back for exchange since it is still in the plastic wrap and box??

-------------
Thanks Clark Slaten

Date Posted: January-17-2010 at 5:35am
Guys if the new engine wasn't the same rotation what would I have to do to make everything work?????????

-------------
Thanks Clark Slaten

Date Posted: January-17-2010 at 11:08am
Clark, If I am assuming correctly,you have purchased a LH 351 long block and your original engine was a RH reverse rotation engine. If this is the case you would need to change the starter to a LH standard rotation starter. You would have to change the prop to a LH prop. You would need to reindex your transmission pump 180 degrees to flow properly and also turn your RWP around to flow the opposite way.The distributor would also have to be changed to a LH. Off the top of my head I can't think of anything else but there might be more to do. This can all be done easily but are you sure you want to do it.

Posted By: SNobsessed
Date Posted: January-17-2010 at 3:41pm
Wouldn't it be better to just convert the new long block to RH rotation? That would just be changing the cam, which he already has?

Maybe the crank seal too?

-------------
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin

Posted By: hotboat
Date Posted: January-17-2010 at 4:03pm
and pistons backards

-------------
Brian

Date Posted: January-18-2010 at 12:22am
I think I will just send that engine back and get the right one. Since they did ship me the wrong engine to start with? What do you guys think? while I'm at it I will go ahead and price a fuel injected engine to.

-------------
Thanks Clark Slaten

Posted By: storm34
Date Posted: January-18-2010 at 2:10am
I'm sure someone else will chime in about the fuel injection, but what is your purpose for switching from a carb?

-------------

Date Posted: January-18-2010 at 2:22am
better throtle responce in colder weather.

-------------
Thanks Clark Slaten

Date Posted: January-18-2010 at 8:28am

better throtle responce in colder weather.

Clark,
You've never mentioned you were building a ice breaker!! I thought you were going to restore the boat??

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: January-18-2010 at 11:55pm
Well When I have to boat apart I would like to upgrade as much as possible. Do you guys not like upgrading things? Or do you guys just really like things back to original as much as possible?

-------------
Thanks Clark Slaten

Date Posted: January-19-2010 at 2:25am
boats are about what the owner likes and wants, if you sell it then the next person can make their own call. Until then make yourself happy

-------------
Brian

Date Posted: January-19-2010 at 2:35am
Thats what I thought. It seems that some of my ideas catch alot of flack from several people on here for the newer style of upgrades.

Thanks Clark Slaten

-------------
Thanks Clark Slaten

Date Posted: January-19-2010 at 9:31am
Clark,
Yes you can do any upgrades you want. It is your boat as stated but converting to fuel injection can be tricky. Some have tried, failed and went back to a carb.

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: January-19-2010 at 12:24pm
...and while EFI will make your boat start nicer (especially cold) it will do little, if anything, for your throttle response. Replacing a simple, cheap system (carb) with an expensive, complex one (EFI) will gain you no performance benefit, either. You might just want to learn to tune what you have before throwing money at a problem!

-------------

Date Posted: January-19-2010 at 4:49pm
Where can I find threads where people have tried to make the switch from carb. the fuel injected?

-------------
Thanks Clark Slaten

Date Posted: January-19-2010 at 5:04pm

Where can I find threads where people have tried to make the switch from carb. the fuel injected?

By doing a search but since it seems you haven't been using the feature for any other issues, here's some help: http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6397&KW=fuel+injection&PID=63313&title=upgrading-351-carb-engine#63313 - injection thread

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: January-19-2010 at 5:05pm

-------------
Brian

Date Posted: January-20-2010 at 1:02am

It seems that some of my ideas catch alot of flack from several people on here for the newer style of upgrades.

Nothing wrong with thinking about new ideas,but if the Boat Doctor, JoeinNY,or TRBenj or ReidP haven't done it,you either don't need it or it don't work   

-------------
95 Nautique Super Sport

Posted By: JoeinNY
Date Posted: January-20-2010 at 3:39am
Yes Clark some are the type where original is the only correct way and there is nothing wrong with that, probably the best route for anyone who is looking to sell thier boat someday. Some of us, get a little more out there. Somethings are pretty universal like the fact that correctcrafts with very few exceptions should turn right hand props. I have screwed that up unknowingly myself. Fuel injection vs carb.. well for performance only it is a tough sell.. but there is a throttle body injected chrysler around that scoots along pretty good. Of course there are a bunch carbed boats that dont do too bad either. If it is something you have to have dont be discouraged, but if your simply looking or a really quick responding good running boat, then yep thats probably cheaper and more easily achieved with a carb. I am going to launch into a rebuild and upgrade of a fuel injected boat this year, I could just drop a known setup in using parts I already own and I probably would if this was my only boat but since it's a hobby for me I will see what it takes to upgrade the EFI system. At the end of the day its your boat and you can do whatever you want with it, the beauty of this site is if what you say your are going to do wont get you to what you say you want or if there is an easier way noone will be afraid to let you know.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1477 - 1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO5MkcBXBBs - Holeshot Video

Date Posted: January-20-2010 at 2:04pm
JoeinNY: Thanks for the advise. I really apreciate it.

Thanks Clark Slaten

-------------
Thanks Clark Slaten

Posted By: ripster92
Date Posted: January-21-2010 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

The beauty of this site is if what you say your are going to do wont get you to what you say you want or if there is an easier way noone will be afraid to let you know.

Yep... That's the good part about this site?!?!

J/K of course...

-------------
1992 SN Black w/ Yellow

Print Page | Close Window