Forum Name: General Discussion
Forum Discription: Anything Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=17736
Printed Date: September-27-2024 at 5:25pm

Topic: Correct Craft Trailer ID#
Posted By: schiffsnautique
Subject: Correct Craft Trailer ID#
Date Posted: May-26-2010 at 1:56am
Does anyone have any information on where the trailer ID # is on 93 CC trailer? The NMMA placard, on the inside of the frame on the port side at the bow, is faded too bad to make hardly anything out. I bought my 93 3 years ago from a gentlemen in Ohio and was the second owner. The original owner was from Michigan and bought the boat at Silver Spray Sports. He said that he did not recieve a title for the trailer and was not required to have one for Ohio. It is the original trailer from Correct Craft from what I can see. I can make rhat out on the NMMA certification that the manufacturer is "Correct Craft" and their is a yellow vinyl CC symbol on the inside frame of the trailer on the starboard side at the stern. I can also make out some of the other specs but not the trailer Id#. It seems that the trailer should have a stamp on it somewhere in the frame with the Id#. Logically, that would be a safe bet due to NMMA tags can be removed and trailers can be stolen.......... The issue is that I live in PA where trailers must have a title to get the yearly registration. I have been using the trailer Id# from my past boat trailer since but need to get this sorted out before someone else does for me.. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!

Replies:
Posted By: MartyMabe
Date Posted: May-26-2010 at 2:31am
There's a piece of 1/4" white tape underneath the tongue and elsewhere on the trailer. Although the #'s might be rubbed off there too!
Get you a flourescent light, shine it on your silver tag,above it worked for me, get 3 pairs of good eyes,and start calling out #'s and have someone writing them down. Those #'s at a certain angle with that light will pop right out!

-------------
66 Skylark
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5041" rel="nofollow - 93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!

Posted By: schiffsnautique
Date Posted: May-26-2010 at 11:19pm
There is a small piece of mirrored tape underneath the tongue but no numbers.. Will try the light trick..

Posted By: rmm025
Date Posted: May-26-2010 at 11:29pm
I had a similar problem on my 86, the sticker or metal tag was completely gone and the PO didn't have a title for it. I called correct craft techinical support, they may be able to help you, but you never know. They lost a bunch of records apparently and were not able to help me. I was able to get a home-made trailer serial# put on mine, but I was redoing the trailer anyway so there wasn't any indication that it was a factory trailer after I blasted and painted it.

Print Page | Close Window