Forum Discription: Discuss maintenance of your Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1967
Printed Date: October-06-2024 at 2:28am

Topic: Driveshaft/Engine alignment
Posted By: TJDelp
Subject: Driveshaft/Engine alignment
Date Posted: June-29-2005 at 6:24pm
Greetings all,

This is my first venture into this website...

I broke a drive shaft last Sunday (Not from grounding) and am expecting to receive a new ARE shaft from DIM today as well as a strut bushing and shaft seal. I spend some time looking through the posted topics and found some good stuff...but.

My specific question is, does anyone have a simple (or hard) step-by-step procedure for aligning the drive shaft to the engine/transmission? Any things to look out for and avoid. I did see a reference to other posting with this topic but all the attachments were deleted that I found.

1989 Nautique 1.23:1 transmission.

Thanks,

Tim

-------------
TJDelp

Replies:
Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: June-30-2005 at 3:18am
Look in the reference manual section. I believe one of the pdf files has directions on aligning the motor. Be glad it isn't a v-drive. Those are a huge pain to align. Just get the right size feeler guage and loosen the mounts on the tranny. Make sure the tranny coupler is clean. Use emery cloth to sand any rust off, so you don't get false measurements. When you do get it aligned tighten everything down gradually and a little at a time or the alignment will be thrown off. After everything is tightened, recheck it before bolting the coupler back together.

It may take some time, or you may get lucky and it may not take long at all.

Posted By: TJDelp
Date Posted: July-01-2005 at 11:01am
Thanks for the ideas. Still working some small issues...it so far the engine/trans seems to be sitting way to high in the boat. But, I am getting closer.

T

-------------
TJDelp

Print Page | Close Window