Forum Name: Boat Maintenance
Forum Discription: Discuss maintenance of your Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1978
Printed Date: October-06-2024 at 2:26am

Topic: Ventilation Hoses
Posted By: Shaughn
Subject: Ventilation Hoses
Date Posted: June-30-2005 at 4:57pm
Hi all, have a few questions about the ventilation system. Bought the boat partially restored ('82 Ski Tique PCM Ford 351) so never saw how it all came out. The three hoses in the bow have all perished, can't get 'em out though as the compartment they run through is all full of expanding foam. Any ideas? Can I leave the remains in there and epoxy a PVC joiner on to them?
How is the blower and hoses arranged in the stern? I can see where the blower mounts. Main problem here is the plastic V-shaped box that sits in the rectangular hole above the fuel tank is beyond repair. I assume it has two hoses coming into it (2 3" holes) but are they both from blowers? (I only have one fan).
What are the two fittings sticking through the stern up high on the passengers side? One is a small metal hose barb on the inside with a little chrome cover on the outside, the other is some sort of flange, about 2", with about a half inch threaded tube sticking up. Does one of these drain water from the engine ventilation hoses?
Thanks everone,
Shaughn.

Replies:
Posted By: David F
Date Posted: June-30-2005 at 5:47pm
I suppose the front hose can be repaired in any manner that creates a semi-tight seal...does not need to be perfect, just good and durable.

You might consider creating a new "V" box out of fiberglass. Maybe the old one would make a good mold if still mostly intact. My guess is that one hose came off the blower. The other hose is simply routed into the bilge to provide an air exit if the blower is off (i.e. forced ventilation while underway).

One of those fittings is surely the fuel tank vent, the other is probably the bilge pump exit (Sticks up to help create a hight spot in the bilge hose to prevent syphoning. The highest point of the hose should have a pinhole which acts as a vacuum break). This is only my guess, since I have never really look at the guts of a boat of your vintage.

Posted By: Shaughn
Date Posted: June-30-2005 at 11:55pm
Thanks David F, I already have the modeling clay ready to go! As for the bilge pump, as far as I know the exit is the plastic fitting on the drivers side bow. It sure looks like one though.

Posted By: David F
Date Posted: July-01-2005 at 12:16pm
Yes, if there is a fitting on the starboard bow, then it is the bilge pump exit. Could the extra fitting on your boat be a flushing port? Take a picture and send to me or post.

Posted By: mackwrench
Date Posted: July-01-2005 at 2:08pm
The one with the hose barb/cover is the engine flush/garden hose hook up for flushing or running engine on trailer. If you intend on using it, You'll need to run a peice of good quality heater type hose (not garden hose) from that fitting to a "T" in the water inlet hose just before the trans cooler. Always keep that cap (and carry a spare!) on or boat will not pick up water when running on water. also as a note, when running engine on trailer using the hose hook up, I take a toilet plunger and a special "handle" I made to cover the raw water inlet under boat. You can go to a good hardware store and get a male to male hose adapter to be able to hook up a garden hose to it. The other fitting is as David says the fuel tank vent.

-------------
NO LONGER A MEMBER

Print Page | Close Window