Forum Name: General Discussion
Forum Discription: Anything Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=20073
Printed Date: July-02-2024 at 10:23am

Topic: Boat on its last leg to the UK
Posted By: uk1979
Subject: Boat on its last leg to the UK
Date Posted: November-29-2010 at 9:42am
Been tracking my boat back to the UK from Vancouver Canada, should be in London Tilbury late today

-------------
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN

Replies:
Posted By: eric lavine
Date Posted: November-29-2010 at 9:46am
are you sure your not tracking Santa Claus?

-------------
"the things you own will start to own you"

Date Posted: November-29-2010 at 10:11am
You got that right Eric here he is going through the Panama Canal

-------------
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: November-29-2010 at 10:12am
Roger,
Where's the engine?

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: November-29-2010 at 10:21am
Pete, I think its at the dock waiting to come over I know its left Billy well over a week ago, due in to UK around the 12th Dec

-------------
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN

Date Posted: November-29-2010 at 10:31am
right to Walmarts loading dock. where's the pirates!!!!, It sucks that were hanging onto China's left tit

-------------

Date Posted: November-29-2010 at 10:32am
i think if we blow up the canal we'll add 13000 miles to the trip lol

-------------

Date Posted: November-29-2010 at 10:34am
I think im onto something here, might be a knock on the door later, i forgot this isnt Russia

-------------

Date Posted: November-29-2010 at 3:48pm

Just coming up the river Thames to London Tilbury.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/default.aspx?mmsi=218025000¢erx=1.024467¢ery=51.49302&zoom=10&type_color=7 - Ship

-------------
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN

Date Posted: November-29-2010 at 6:23pm
Docking now

-------------
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN

Posted By: boat dr
Date Posted: November-29-2010 at 9:54pm
He is following SANTA............big boy toys........Boat dr

-------------
boat dr

/diaries/details.asp?ID=4631 - 1949 Dart
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1533 - 1964 American Skier

Posted By: 62 wood
Date Posted: November-30-2010 at 1:27am
Roger...I knew someday your ship would come in!   Make sure to get some pics when you get your "package"!

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1117&sort=&pagenum=6" rel="nofollow - 64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique

Posted By: horkn
Date Posted: November-30-2010 at 1:35am
That's pretty darn cool!

-------------
78 martinique- refloored, reinforced, stringers re glassed, re engineered interior
GT40P heads Edelbrock Performer intake acme 4 blade
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/horkn/fish/nautique.jpg

Date Posted: November-30-2010 at 2:06am
Roger, how long before you can bring her home........
The motor may beat the boat..........

-------------
boat dr

Date Posted: November-30-2010 at 9:51am
Billy, looks like some time next week,as our Customs has call it to be X-Ray before clearance to me, and I have to pay for it $93.00 + all the other duty they add, just shows how skin't our Gov is.

-------------
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN

Posted By: connorssons
Date Posted: November-30-2010 at 12:45pm
And I was complaining about the cost to drive to main to pick up separator way cool, take pics of boat when it arrives. Jeff

Date Posted: November-30-2010 at 4:16pm
Steve,Jeff will have the camera charged up for the unload, It will come to me in the container on the back of a container lorry we then have 3 hours to take it out, should be fun with it about 4ft 6 up off the ground, looking to make some kind of ramp. If I film it we have a show here on TV for things that go wrong and I get a few pounds back for it to help the pain.

Well the ship is on its way out to sea now so must of dropped something off, Jeff happy to swap cost with you mine would make you wince

-------------
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN

Date Posted: November-30-2010 at 5:03pm
Good luck with the unload do ya know anybody with a car hauler or flatbed tow truck, might help you would think the cargo company would have a BIG fork truck.

Date Posted: November-30-2010 at 5:55pm
Jeff I have a 3T fork truck with 5ft forks so it will come out in some way

-------------
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN

Date Posted: December-02-2010 at 8:48am
Looks like I'm in for a wait as the port is now shut due to snow, its yet to be X-Ray at customs, no need for that I can tell them its not well.
It only take a few inches of snow for UK to grind to a stop, its a joke here I'm sure some of you would look out the window and say its just a thick frost.

-------------
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN

Date Posted: December-02-2010 at 7:19pm
Thay just put snow shovels on sale at wallmart, want me to send ya a couple

Posted By: mdvalant
Date Posted: December-02-2010 at 7:29pm
3-6 inches here in eastern IA for the weekend!!! Snowmobile will have to come out a litttle early!

Good luck on getting that thing soon. Will be a pleasant Christmas present!

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5009 - '90 Ski (sold)
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5479 - '00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA

Date Posted: December-04-2010 at 10:56pm
Hay U K! whats up with the new ride? come on its killing me! pics!

Posted By: OverMyHead
Date Posted: December-04-2010 at 11:04pm
Another six inches here in last 24 hrs. Had a slow Friday rush hour, streets were plowed when I woke up, and everythings back to normal. What happened to global warming over there? Maybe you could sue Al Gore. Hope they let it go soon.

-------------
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Date Posted: December-05-2010 at 12:12am
we ended up with 10" of "flurries" last night..   

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1117&sort=&pagenum=6" rel="nofollow - 64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique

Posted By: Gary S
Date Posted: December-05-2010 at 12:32am
Hope you were done "plowing" your leaves Steve

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1711&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1966&yrend=1970" rel="nofollow - 69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Date Posted: December-05-2010 at 9:51am
Jeff its killing me more, hope to see it late this week, but the port now has a back log to work through, just hope we don't have more snow,but I do know she was unloaded into the UK @ 4.06 am 30th Nov.
Here is a teaser when she was loaded to go on the first leg 400 miles to Vancouver, the box on the back is not a modits to hold it as has it has damage to back and side.

And bring it back to something like this

The great thing is Billy (Boat Dr) from scratch built the engine/drive and has sent over should be with me around the 12th Dec and all to the right spec for the boat,you just can't beat Built in the USA.

-------------
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN

Date Posted: December-05-2010 at 10:34am
angle of the dangle on the steering wheel

-------------

Date Posted: December-05-2010 at 11:13am
Roger, can you post a pic of my motor below yours. There was a few changes made in those days to upgrade and sell the newest motors available to the boating public..........Billy

-------------
boat dr

Date Posted: December-05-2010 at 11:37am
Very cool boat! remember seeing it for sale, way out of my league to fix. that boat has more class then glass

Date Posted: December-05-2010 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

Roger, can you post a pic of my motor below yours. There was a few changes made in those days to upgrade and sell the newest motors available to the boating public..........Billy

Here you go Billy, Your 2 Boys,
My One

Billy's Next Y Block

My One

Billy's Next Y Block

My One

Billy's Next Y Block

-------------
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN

Date Posted: December-05-2010 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by connorssons connorssons wrote:

Very cool boat! remember seeing it for sale, way out of my league to fix. that boat has more class then glass

Thanks Jeff, and congratulations on your 2 new boats you have added to your fleet

-------------
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN

Posted By: Riley
Date Posted: December-05-2010 at 12:26pm
Billy, how do you add oil to that?

Nice looking engines. Eventually they upgraded them to down draft carbs.

-------------

Date Posted: December-05-2010 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Billy, how do you add oil to that?

Nice looking engines. Eventually they upgraded them to down draft carbs.

Nice Looking engine there Bruce.

-------------
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN

Date Posted: December-05-2010 at 10:30pm
Bruce, I would rather have two YH Carters than one of those Weber things you have .Most people cannot make the Carters run properly, this is not a problem with the carbs. The problem is with the people that that fiddle with them.
I would prefer to have an intake that allows a smaller shorter motor box. These you lose with the down draft.
As far as the Carters being "less than" that is a personal choice. I do not think there is a lot of HP to be gained with the 4bbl vs the twin Carter set up.
The added plus is they look old school,and Pete approves of mine, what about yours?    As far as adding oil, pour it thru the dipstick hole.......

-------------
boat dr

Date Posted: December-05-2010 at 11:04pm
Billy, they're both good, but you were talking about "changes made in those days to upgrade and sell the newest motors available to the boating public.........." and they did end up with down drafts. The brochures do show how CC modified their boxes for them. As far as the Weber thing, mine will be replaced with a goldish one next year, but I probably won't change brands because it runs so good with it. I guess you got a pencil neck funnel for your oil, good idea, but you may want to flip those valve covers over before you tighten them down.

-------------

Date Posted: December-05-2010 at 11:36pm
Bruce, the Intercepter was offered both ways. I may be wrong but I do not think CC used any down drafts in their boats. This set up was available from 1956 thru 1964 for sure, maybe a little later as NOS was depleted. HM 260 ci was available for the first time , that made the Y block obsolete over nite.
The valve covers were for pics only. OEM covers with new decals will finish this classic.All parts will be period correct, including ignition and induction..........I would have never caught the covers being incorrect, thanks for keeping me on the staight and narrow Bruce.

-------------
boat dr

Date Posted: December-06-2010 at 8:44am
Bruce,
I feel you are very mistaken with the Y block and a downdraft. In a marinized version, it always had the YH's. Yes, CC changed the dog houses but that was for the 289 series of Interceptors.

Billy is absolutely correct that the problem with the side drafts is not the carb but the people who don't know how they work and shouldn't be fiddling with them.

He's also correct that there isn't any performance gain with the 4bbl. I think you'd be surprised with the CFM rating on the YH's!!!

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: December-06-2010 at 10:08am
Man, you guys are sensitive! I didn't say anything about problems or performance with side drafts. I merely said they eventually upgraded to down drafts. Pete, are you saying that set up of mine came off a Ford? Which model had raw water cooling? If you look in the CC brochures, there are a number of boats with raised engne boxes to allow for a downdraft. The 260/289 and 352/390 engines were also available with side drafts, not just the Y blocks. One thing I've learned about old Correct Crafts is to never use "always" and "never", but I don't claim to be an expert.

-------------

Date Posted: December-06-2010 at 12:42pm
Bruce, I would question that 260/289 Intercepter side draft. I have never seen nor heard of such a set up. Would you please share pics or other proof this was an option.352/390 I would say YES but not the 260...............Billy

-------------
boat dr

Date Posted: December-06-2010 at 1:04pm

Bruce, I would question that 260/289 Intercepter side draft. I have never seen nor heard of such a set up. Would you please share pics or other proof this was an option.352/390 I would say YES but not the 260...............Billy

Page iv of the yellow Interceptor manual. I'd post a pic, but can't figure out how to. I'd say the side drafts on the 260-289 and the 352/390 are about as rare as the down drafts on the Y blocks.

Anyway.... Roger, sorry, I did not mean to cause a threadjack. Post some pics when you get her!

-------------

Posted By: TRBenj
Date Posted: December-06-2010 at 1:09pm

Page iv of the yellow Interceptor manual. I'd post a pic, but can't figure out how to.

-------------

Date Posted: December-06-2010 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Page iv of the yellow Interceptor manual. I'd post a pic, but can't figure out how to.

Bruce,
This picture Tim posted is a Y block.

I too have never heard of or seen side drafts on any engines except the Y blocks and Gray's 327 AMC engines.

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: December-06-2010 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Bruce,
This picture Tim posted is a Y block.

I too have never heard of or seen side drafts on any engines except the Y blocks and Gray's 327 AMC engines.

Pete, put your glasses on. Look at the valve covers, location of the oil filter and the thermostat housing. And the dizzy! It's a 260. In the same manual it also shows a picture of an FE block with side drafts.

-------------

Date Posted: December-06-2010 at 1:51pm
Bruce, I am not taking sides here, but you need to put your glasses on as well. My reasoning on the dual side drafts 260/289 were to large to fit inside the engine vally. The pics show a single carb

-------------
boat dr

Date Posted: December-06-2010 at 2:04pm

Bruce, I am not taking sides here, but you need to put your glasses on as well. My reasoning on the dual side drafts 260/289 were to large to fit inside the engine vally. The pics show a single carb

I thought we were talking about side draft set ups in general, not specifically singles or duals, but ok. I guess it depends on what you mean by side draft.

-------------

Posted By: 81nautique
Date Posted: December-06-2010 at 3:02pm

I think you'd be surprised with the CFM rating on the YH's!!!

Pete/Billy,

What are the cfm ratings on the YH's?

-------------
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails

Date Posted: December-06-2010 at 4:21pm
Alan, This was posted on here by 64x55

Okay, here we go � This reply will be really messy and disconnected (sorry) but has some good info. on the YH carbs and a possible CFM number we were discussing above:

Carb Doctor web site's email = doc@carburetor.ca <doc@carburetor.ca>
I e-mailed this guy with the question: How many CFM for the Carter YH?
Hopefully he'll pass some info. back my way.
Carb Doc Phone # : 780-968-6622

Nice diagram with lots of data from a 1952 to 1955 Nash car (Ambassador) that used YH carbs at this site:
http://oldcarmanualproject.com/manuals/Carbs/Carter/Nash/pages/p_%2040_jpg.htm

Old Corvette web site � 6 cyl. Used the YH Carter carb:
http://www.carburetor.ca/pdf_manuals/Carter/YHmanuals1.pdf
or:
http://www.tocmp.com/manuals/Carbs/Carter/YH/index.htm
(same thing � "non pdf" � i.e. just click on a page to view)

Corvairs used them too...

Here's a site (Black Hawk Engineering) that seems to indicate that the YH's original CFM was 128 (CFM) if I'm reading correctly:    
http://www.blackhawkengr.com/
Quote from site:
"The throttle body has a 1.83" bore to fit the F flow (180 HP) turbocharger inlet bore. The Performance Trends "Engine Analyzer" simulation software predicts that the throttle body will flow 256 CFM versus 128 CFM for the original "180 HP" YH carburetor. With the boost limited to 12 PSI for longevity, Engine Analyzer predicts 193 HP net versus the 148 net HP of the stock "180 HP" system. The EFI system is able to produce better fuel economy despite generating more power. I will also manufacture smaller throttle bodies for the B-flow (150 HP) turbochargers."

If 128CFM is correct, I guess that means "two" would do only 256CFM?

Another link to the same info. (same site). It's a fuel injection throttle body for turbosharged Corvairs that also used the YH carbs (Wow! Pretty interesting stuff!):    
http://www.blackhawkengr.com/Black%20Hawk%20Engineering%20-%20Bolt%20On%20Turbo%20Fuel%20Injection.htm

Ooo! Another site that says 128CFM --- "4 each Carter YH (sidedraft) carbs from a 6-cylinder Corvette bolt to the triangular flanges.......I think that Turbo Corvairs and some Nashes also used these carbs. I wonder how well it ran with that setup? You'd think it would be better with a divider in the runners...?The carbs I think are 128 CFM each X 4 = 512 CFM. You are right, sounds kind of undercarbed for a 331. At 4800 RPM it should use 542 CFM (if my math is right)."
Site Link:http://caddy500.com/index.php?topic=336.25;wap2

And here's a cool site that shows what CFM you should have based on the c.i. vs the max RPM's expected (recommended):
http://www.buicks.net/shop/reference/carb_cfm.htm
This stie also has a nifty "enter your RPM's and C.I.'s and get your needed CFM for a carb" chart!
Or an equation to do it by hand.

And another similar site: http://slitherclothing.wordpress.com/2007/06/29/how-to-calculate-correct-carb-size/

In each case, it looks like, if you use the 312 Interceptor as an example, it yields a CFM a good bit higher than what 128CFM x 2 would be (256CFM), assuming the two sites referenced above are right about only 128 CFM for the Carter YH side drafts.

Man, this is almost as much fun as playing with Propeller Calculators, but I'm whipped from staring at the computer screen to long! I think my eye sockets are gonna need some PB Blaster soon if I don't stop now!

Inboards Rule!

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=12428&PN=2&title=carter-yh-carbs - Link to thread

-------------
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN

Date Posted: December-06-2010 at 4:26pm
Thanks Roger I was just on carbdocter and found the same thread.

128/256...sounds like we're talking computers about 20 years ago.

-------------

Date Posted: December-06-2010 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Thanks Roger I was just on carbdocter and found the same thread.

128/256...sounds like we're talking computers about 20 years ago.

I know my cell phone has more power than my first PC I think it means I'm old

-------------
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN

Posted By: JoeinNY
Date Posted: December-06-2010 at 4:53pm
Those cfm ratings are just something hobbists use (abuse) anyhow.. The cfm through a venturi is meaningless without knowing the vacuum driving it (ie. the pressure differential or delta of pressure (dp). I can get 750 cfm through one of those single barrel carters with enough dp. Two barrels have their cfm arbitrarily rated at 3.0 inches of vacuum and 4 barrels at 1.5 inches vacuum... no idea what you would rate a single barrel at but if you use bore size as a rough estimate for cfm through a venturi at a specific dp then you might have already gone wrong by an order of magnitude if you were comparing a 4 to a 2. The intake runner setup is also a huge factor here if all barrels are assumed the same size the two one barrels or one two barrel on an open intake would behave very similarly to a 4 barrel on a dual plan manifold with a divider in place.

Anyway I got a meeting to go to here so this is a trivial response to complicated subject but dont anyone believe those 1xx cfm numbers mean a damn thing..   

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1477 - 1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO5MkcBXBBs - Holeshot Video

Date Posted: December-06-2010 at 5:10pm
Thanks Joe, looks like its still up in the air for CFM on YH Carter

-------------
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN

Date Posted: December-06-2010 at 5:23pm
I did a little number crunching at another CFM site. Below are the results I came up with.
A 312 turning 4500 with a 80 percect VE will need 450 to 553 CFM.These seem to agree with the 250 CFM minimum I think these carbs are able to flow. My view is that any carb rated above 600 CFM would be over kill on this motor only spinning to red line.
The 292 spinning 5000 rpm, will flow about the same.This being said, I see no additional HP can be gained by basterdizing an already tried and proven induction method.......I will keep mine as it came from CorrectCraft in 1956/1957......Boat dr

-------------
boat dr

Date Posted: December-06-2010 at 9:58pm

Pete, put your glasses on. Look at the valve covers, location of the oil filter and the thermostat housing. And the dizzy! It's a 260. In the same manual it also shows a picture of an FE block with side drafts.

Bruce,

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: December-06-2010 at 10:39pm

Bruce,

It's ok Pete. You probably knew that at one time. I have no idea if that is an original set up on our boat or if the engine is even original to the boat. The records for our boat went up in the fire. When I pull the manifold next spring and take a good look at it, it will be easier to tell if it's an Interceptor or not. If it's aluminum, it may well be, if cast iron probably some other marinizer. As far as CFMs go, whatever makes the engine run good. They aren't race engines.

-------------

Date Posted: December-06-2010 at 11:34pm

Bruce,

It's ok Pete. They aren't race engines.

They are closer than you think Bruce.Intercepter was very weight and size savy in those early years.They were casting 95 percent of thear stuff, for both reasons. Size and weight were a selling features to the boat builders, while HP and top speed sold the consumer.
The engineering dept. was at the top of thear game with the newer style "square exhaust" not only are they lighter and less complicated to cast, they reduced enine width by 1 full inch.
One inch is not much unless it is inside a boat........The same goes for weight, look at all the aluminum cast parts that were used. This adds major dollars to the introduction of a marinized engine.
I think little is stock on your Y block, even if it is a Intercepter, it matters little. Use the boat and enjoy the Y Block rumble.....

-------------
boat dr

Posted By: Gary S
Date Posted: December-06-2010 at 11:56pm

One inch is not much unless it is inside .....

Once again Billy supplies a new tag line- There you go Quinner,this ones for you   

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1711&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1966&yrend=1970" rel="nofollow - 69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Date Posted: December-07-2010 at 11:37am
Just got a call the boat will be delivered on Thurs, which is great but it looks like d*ck Turpin is still alive and well, have to pay an extra charge for rent on container and storage at the port for 4 days, the fact they shut the port for snow for 4 days cuts no ice,pay up or we charge by the day till it is and must have $200.00 by tomorrow to release for Thurs. It just shows how rubbish the UK is I pay because it snows.

-------------
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN

Date Posted: December-07-2010 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by uk1979 uk1979 wrote:

have to pay an extra charge for rent on container and storage at the port for 4 days, the fact they shut the port for snow for 4 days cuts no ice, pay up or we charge by the day till it is and must have $200.00 by tomorrow to release for Thurs.

Roger,
I'm surprised that you don't have the same "system" that's been used for years over here. With our ports, you just need to find the correct person to make a "payment" to!!

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: December-07-2010 at 12:18pm
Roger ,at the rate it's going, the Intercepter and the Starflite will reach your shop at about the same time.
Truly a marrage made in heaven, a boat from Canada, a motor from Louisiana all loaded on a big boat, going to Roger's house...Cool Beans
There is a Santa..............Bah Hum Bug

-------------
boat dr

Date Posted: December-09-2010 at 7:56pm
I now have a 16f Star Flite unloaded today, now I have my hands full bringing her back to life, with Billy's Louisiana Power

-------------
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN

Posted By: Kristof
Date Posted: December-09-2010 at 8:05pm
Oh yeah!!

-------------
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Date Posted: December-09-2010 at 8:09pm
Cool how they do that. That same company ships containers from Portland Harbor. Start a thread when you begin your rebuild. It will be interesting!

-------------

Posted By: The Godfather
Date Posted: December-10-2010 at 1:09am

I just glad to see the boat made it with all that sidedraft...

-------------
Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....

Date Posted: December-10-2010 at 1:18am
Yea Baby glad she found her new home! keep us posted.

Date Posted: December-10-2010 at 2:48am
In the US on its last leg means about ready to expire, that was my first thought when I read the topic of this post. After reading I realized you were talking about the last leg of a trip. Then I saw the boat photos and now I am leaning back towards the first one. I am sure you will make it beautiful. Can't wait to watch the progress. I have to believe it will be one of a kind in the United Kingdom. Congrats.

-------------
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Date Posted: December-10-2010 at 2:56am

I now have a 16f Star Flite unloaded today,

Is it still a 16 foot or does it turn into a 5.? meter? How many stones when its done? Hands? its all so confusing.

-------------
1987 Ski Nautique

Posted By: Kristof
Date Posted: December-10-2010 at 8:19am
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

Is it still a 16 foot or does it turn into a 5.? meter? How many stones when its done? Hands? its all so confusing.

You said it brother...!

"convertworld.com" is always open in the tab next to CCFan... That way I can keep up with all the numbers and measurements posted here...

-------------
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Date Posted: December-10-2010 at 10:53am
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

I now have a 16f Star Flite unloaded today,

It all depends on your age here the young are all metric, old are all imperial and the baby boomers are a mix of both,how can you kill inches when most people always have an inch on them, just measure the width of your thumb on your righting hand.

16ft sounds better than 4.880m both the same but if built in ft and inches then it has to stay that way.

-------------
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN

Posted By: Donald80SN
Date Posted: December-10-2010 at 11:06am
Roger,

Does it look better or worse than you thought it would now that you have your hands on it?

It is a big job, but I know that you can handle it.

Donald

Date Posted: December-10-2010 at 11:39am
very exciting Roger, if you have any questions on this just shoot me an email but I think I may be the one on the learning end.

-------------

Date Posted: December-10-2010 at 2:57pm
Roger,
Congats man!!!!!

You know you could have saved all that shipping grief if you would have let Billy install the 312. You could have driven her across the pond!

-------------

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique

Date Posted: December-10-2010 at 3:08pm
Steve, now that is what you would call a road trip. You gotta give Roger something to do once the "package arrives".

Roger, Karen just talked to Fed Ex International, your package due in UK on the 12th. After the ship is off loaded you should receive a call on Thursday at the latest............

Merry christmas to Roger

-------------
boat dr

Date Posted: December-10-2010 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by Kristof Kristof wrote:

Oh yeah!!

Kristof, get ready to hear the Louisiana Y Block rumble.

-------------
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN

Date Posted: December-10-2010 at 6:37pm

Cool how they do that. That same company ships containers from Portland Harbor. Start a thread when you begin your rebuild. It will be interesting!

Bruce, Yes will start a thread on the rebuild to bring her back to life

-------------
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN

Date Posted: December-10-2010 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by connorssons connorssons wrote:

Yea Baby glad she found her new home! keep us posted.

Will do Jeff,thanks for starting your new thread great to see.

-------------
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN

Date Posted: December-10-2010 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by Donald80SN Donald80SN wrote:

Roger,

Does it look better or worse than you thought it would now that you have your hands on it?

It is a big job, but I know that you can handle it.

Donald

Donald, The PO did describe it as Bad with Rot will need new frame parts, but all there apart from bow light and windshield I think he was fair

You can't really knock a wood CC if it can still be together after 52 years much of it unloved, I think there still under rated compared to the other old brands you have.

-------------
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN

Date Posted: December-10-2010 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by The Godfather The Godfather wrote:

I just glad to see the boat made it with all that sidedraft...

Dave,You should know old CC don't die there rebuilt to go faster.

-------------
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN

Date Posted: December-10-2010 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

very exciting Roger, if you have any questions on this just shoot me an email but I think I may be the one on the learning end.

Thanks Alan, I will be taking you up on that along with reading and re reading your great thread on the Hurricane,my boat has me stumped already can't find any Mdf.

-------------
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN

Date Posted: December-10-2010 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

Roger,
Congats man!!!!!

You know you could have saved all that shipping grief if you would have let Billy install the 312. You could have driven her across the pond!

Thanks Steve, I did think how much if they just towed it behind the ship, but looking at her I would only have the bow ring now.

-------------
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN

Date Posted: December-10-2010 at 7:10pm

Steve, now that is what you would call a road trip. You gotta give Roger something to do once the "package arrives".

Roger, Karen just talked to Fed Ex International, your package due in UK on the 12th. After the ship is off loaded you should receive a call on Thursday at the latest............

Merry christmas to Roger

Billy your be the first to know when your Louisiana Power arrives, I know the engine alone will turn heads here.

Merry Christmas to Karen & Billy

-------------
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN

Date Posted: December-10-2010 at 7:28pm
This really is just the coolest darn thing seeing that boat and engine and all the work, planning and help it took to make this happen. You guys should be proud already. Cheers!!

-------------

Date Posted: December-10-2010 at 8:43pm
I've got a 1 piece Mustang windshield. I don;t know if it's the right size, but if you're interested, send me an email.

-------------

Posted By: lewy2001
Date Posted: December-10-2010 at 9:01pm

Thanks Steve, I did think how much if they just towed it behind the ship, but looking at her I would only have the bow ring now.

Roger not so sure about the bow eye. Does it have one?

I see a woody in my future also one day. In the mean time I need to keep studying all the restoration threads. Looking forward to seeing this one get back to better than new.

-------------
If you're going through hell, keep going

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2999" rel="nofollow - 89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta

Date Posted: December-10-2010 at 9:48pm

my boat has me stumped already can't find any Mdf.

Roger,
I'm glad to see it made it over. Now the work part will start but it will be fun. I'll be watching with interest.

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: December-23-2010 at 4:15pm

I've got a 1 piece Mustang windshield. I don;t know if it's the right size, but if you're interested, send me an email.

Bruce I will check out what width I need thanks.

-------------
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN

Date Posted: December-23-2010 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by lewy2001 lewy2001 wrote:

Roger not so sure about the bow eye. Does it have one?

I see a woody in my future also one day. In the mean time I need to keep studying all the restoration threads. Looking forward to seeing this one get back to better than new.

You got me there Mark it did but it should not have one,as for shipping a woody you might find your Gov has made it very hard to bring in old wood, I had to check here but was ok as we have no regs after 500 years bringing stuff back all the bugs are here.

-------------
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN

Date Posted: December-23-2010 at 4:30pm

my boat has me stumped already can't find any Mdf.

Roger,
I'm glad to see it made it over. Now the work part will start but it will be fun. I'll be watching with interest.

Pete, it will be fun and yes I am going to need your help with this no sitting back with your feet up.

-------------
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN

Print Page | Close Window