Forum Name: General Discussion
Forum Discription: Anything Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=22384
Printed Date: June-23-2024 at 3:09pm

Topic: Ski 200 OB problem
Posted By: rckmann
Subject: Ski 200 OB problem
Date Posted: July-02-2011 at 1:47pm
Please help- I've got a 2010 Ski Nautique Ski 200 OB (open bow). I've got a problem with it and I'm wondering if anyone else has the same problem or if it's just my boat. Problem- anytime passengers are in the bow area and I'm cruising at 25-35 and then put it in neutral to slow down, the bow goes underwater and the people get drenched, even in calm water.

-------------
Rick

Replies:
Posted By: IntelSoftApps
Date Posted: July-02-2011 at 2:24pm
UMMMMMMMMM....

How big are the people in the bow?haha

the typical ski nautique sits low in the water. Especially the bow...

Now, i dont think your boat is the only one that does this... lets use some common sense.

All of the ski nautiques 200's are built exactly the same when it comes to the hull.

What is causing your bow to go under??

Well, lets think...

1. There are to many passengers.

2. the passengers are "a little" too big

3. You are going fast and just crank it back to nuetral. This dives the bow down. Try slowly easing on the throttle or time your stops better if you are just slamming it back.

4. You have the 1 out 10,000 Ski nautique 200's that has the "REALLY LOW" bow. In that case, you should feel special!

As we can see what may cause this, i would immediately cancel out option 4 and narrow down on 1, 2, and 3.

Hope you solve your problem!

Posted By: Air206
Date Posted: July-02-2011 at 2:33pm
This happens when EVERYONE is sitting forward of the pylon, right?

It is a weight distribution issue.... they all are bow-low but coming off the throttle quickly and having everyone forward of the pylon will definitely magnify the issue.... It is gonna take finesse driving and better weight distribution..........

-------------
https://tinyurl.com/y6t5e3bu" rel="nofollow - 04 Air206
http://tinyurl.com/9urzgls" rel="nofollow - 91 Barefoot
78 SkiTiq

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: July-02-2011 at 2:38pm
Rick,
The "problem" has been discussed quite a few times. It's always a new owner without much experience in driving an O/B that brings it up. A careful throttle back paying close attention to the transom wake is one solution. The other is obvious as mentioned above. Just how many people do you put up there?

Welcome to CCfan and to boating.

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: July-02-2011 at 2:57pm
This can be an issue on closed-bow boats with 3 folks forward of the pylon....

Can I see a show of hands, how many folks have put their own rollers over the windshield on a closed-bow?       We all have done it in the beginning.........or when not paying enough attention.

Welcome to CCFAN: Great knowledge and help on this forum.........

-------------
78 SkiTiq

Date Posted: July-02-2011 at 3:41pm
Thanks for the quick responses even though none applies. One small person in bow creates the problem of bow sinking. I've had many ski boats, including open bow and have over 4,000 hrs of boat driving experience. It also happens when throttling down slowly. Also I'm not speaking of this sinking problem happening with my own wake or anyone else's wake. I'm talking about going straight in flat calm water.
Any other suggestions or comments?

-------------
Rick

Date Posted: July-02-2011 at 3:50pm
Well Rick, I guess you didn't follow what I was trying to tell you about the "transom wake". Notice I did NOT say anything about other wakes. The transom wake is the hole in the water that the hull itself makes. If you don't slow down and then even give it some gas, the wake will come from the rear and push the aft end up and consequently the bow down.

4000 hrs.!! You have spent time out on the water!!

Did you even test drive the boat before the purchase?? What were the other boats you've had?

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: July-02-2011 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by Air206 Air206 wrote:

This can be an issue on closed-bow boats with 3 folks forward of the pylon....

Can I see a show of hands, how many folks have put their own rollers over the windshield on a closed-bow?       We all have done it in the beginning.........or when not paying enough attention.

Welcome to CCFAN: Great knowledge and help on this forum.........

Steve,
My hand is up!!!   

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: July-02-2011 at 3:52pm
Well, as i have noticed so far, ski nautiques have one of the lowest closed bows i have seen...

But, also this was mentioned above, what about the weight distribution?

Are you all in front of the pylon??

Cause in our 98 ski nautique open bow, if all of us are sitting on the bench in front of the pylon and come to a sudden slow down or what ever it never gets wet...

Also, we need to know how many people you have packed into the boat. The Ski Nautique was NOT designed to be a ful blown family boat. Basically a tournament boat. But if you want a more family boat were you can fill it completely up, you may want to look for a Sport Nautique...

Date Posted: July-02-2011 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by IntelSoftApps IntelSoftApps wrote:

The Ski Nautique was NOT designed to be a ful blown family boat. Basically a tournament boat. But if you want a more family boat were you can fill it completely up, you may want to look for a Sport Nautique...

Maybe even one of those Gayliner boats?

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: July-02-2011 at 3:58pm
If it's not designed as a family boat they should NOT make an open bow version. I purposely purchased this boat to replace my family deck boat and a ski boat so I would only need one boat. Hopefully the tragedy that recently occurred in a Mastercraft won't happen in my Nautique.

-------------
Rick

Date Posted: July-02-2011 at 4:01pm
Sorry Rick...

These boats are relatively new to the forum and there are few owners of the 200 on the site; however, there are many folks who drive and or sell them (Matt/Reid/Jody/etc.)and this is not a commonly reported problem.

If it is a new boat, certainly call your dealer. These are performance boats. It doesn't make sense to make them so they can't go slow forward... It needs to figured out. BTW- no Belly Tank right?

-------------
78 SkiTiq

Date Posted: July-02-2011 at 4:02pm
When slowing down, dont go straight into neutral. The transom wake pushes up the back and the bow really forward. Especially after going about 25.

Solution: Weh slowing down DONT go straight into neutral. Go into "in gear" or idle. Depends what you call it.lol

That way the boat keeps moving...

Slamming straight into neutral is the start of the SUBMARINE move.haha. All you need to do next is slam into reverse. Next thing is to watch your beautiful boat fill up with water...   

Date Posted: July-02-2011 at 4:08pm
Welcome to the Site Rick -

Go ahead and put your boat in the Diaries section to let everyone see her. BTW - my Air206 doesn't do that..... lots of room..... crazy good ski and intermediate wakeboard wake.... maybe you wanna trade?

-------------
78 SkiTiq

Date Posted: July-02-2011 at 4:13pm
Thanks, but your Air206 doesn't cut it on a slalom course. I tried it too before buying.

-------------
Rick

Posted By: bkhallpass
Date Posted: July-02-2011 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by rckmann rckmann wrote:

If it's not designed as a family boat they should NOT make an open bow version. I purposely purchased this boat to replace my family deck boat and a ski boat so I would only need one boat. Hopefully the tragedy that recently occurred in a Mastercraft won't happen in my Nautique.

First of all, the "tragedy" on the Mastercraft did not happen recently, it was five years ago. Second, the fool who bought the boat had no experience, was drinking alcohol, piled 12 people into the bow of the boat, and was driving unsafely. Then, some lawyer was able to convince 6 to 12 jurors, who clearly knew nothing about boating, that this was somehow the fault of the boat manufacturer. If it weren't California, I have my doubts the lawyer would have got this verdict. ICBW. It remains to be seen if our California appellate system will be more intelligent/reasonable than this jury.

With respect to your boat buying decision, I am afraid you may have made a poor choice. You have to be very careful not to dip the bow of that boat. It is not a good choice for everyone, and not a good choice for certain water conditions. Just a little bit of homework and you would have known that. To spend some $60K or more and not know what you are getting strikes me as a really bad decision.

I say this sincerely, if you are already thinking that you and your family may face danger, then you should sell the boat. If you are already trying to blame the manufacturer, you should sell the boat. Since you have now posted here that you think the manufacturer has done something wrong, then you clearly have knowledge. As such, you will be hard pressed to tell the jury you didn't know.

The 200 is a great boat for some people. Apparently it does not meet your needs. That is unfortunate.

BKH

-------------
Livin' the Dream

Date Posted: July-02-2011 at 4:57pm

Rick,
What was the ski boat you replaced?

What was the recent tragedy with the MC? You're not referring to the http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68AOltMu768 - MC Submarine are you? That was over 3 years ago!!

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: July-02-2011 at 4:58pm
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=18017&KW=submarine&PID=219597&title=help-new-200-span-classhighlightsubmarine-spans#219597 - help new 200 submarines

Did you even test drive the 200 before buying it?

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: GottaSki
Date Posted: July-02-2011 at 4:59pm

When slowing down, dont go straight into neutral. The transom wake pushes up the back and the bow really forward. Especially after going about 25.

Solution: Weh slowing down DONT go straight into neutral. Go into "in gear" or idle. Depends what you call it.lol

That way the boat keeps moving...

Slamming straight into neutral is the start of the SUBMARINE move.haha. All you need to do next is slam into reverse. Next thing is to watch your beautiful boat fill up with water...   

This
X2

-------------
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole

Date Posted: July-02-2011 at 5:02pm

Thanks, but your Air206 doesn't cut it on a slalom course. I tried it too before buying.

WRONG - I have personally watched multiple skiers go into 39.5 off behind a 206. There are only a handful of skiers in the world for whom the 206 "doesn't cut it on a slalom course."

So, either you aren't a very good skier, in which case it would not matter what kind of boat you are using, or, you are one of the very best skiers in the world, in which case you would not be concerned with dipping the bow on a 206.

I don't want to mean here, but what you are saying makes no sense whatsover.

BKH

-------------
Livin' the Dream

Date Posted: July-02-2011 at 5:12pm

Wow! You must be one heck of a short line slalom skier to say that. The 206 is a terrific wake to deep shortline. The 200's is flatter, I'll give you that - evolution of the ski boat...... but mine goes straight (fast or slow) without filling with water.

You suggested you drove a 200 pre-purchase. I assume you didn't have this problem with that boat (or else you would have been silly to buy it). It seems like the only answer is you must have a bad boat.... I'd think about taking it back.

Sorry, I don't think we can help much more..........

-------------
78 SkiTiq

Date Posted: July-02-2011 at 5:42pm
Thanks again. I did demo the boat pre-purchase for skiing, not bow riding. Unfortunately for me as never would have purchased the boat had I had passengers in the bow. Have been in contact with the manufacturer and they can't recommend a fix and they say that there's nothing wrong with my boat. As for the Air206 the wake was too big for me as I have 2 ruptured discs in my back. I think the design with open bow might be a defective design, at least on the open bow, but the manufacturer disagrees. Also the submarining I'm talking about is with one or two people in the bow in flat water going straight slowing gradually or not and with no wakes. I'm not looking to sue anyone, but with the manufacturer saying it's not defective, for my passengers sake and the manufacturers sake I hope it never happens like the Mastercraft.

-------------
Rick

Date Posted: July-02-2011 at 6:05pm
Trying to gauge your helm time... what were your previous boats?

-------------
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole

Date Posted: July-02-2011 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by GottaSki GottaSki wrote:

Trying to gauge your helm time... what were your previous boats?

Tom,
I've asked twice! I don't think Rick want's to tell us!! All he admits to is a "deck boat" and a "ski boat". The 4000 hours of water time is interesting. Maybe the ski boat was a Gayliner???

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: July-02-2011 at 6:51pm
Don't exactly know what "gauge your helm time" means. If you're referring to hours behind the helm, that's over 2000 hours behind a Ski Centurion, Malibu, and 2 Nautiques and 1900 hours behind a 36' Cabin Cruiser. Doesn't look like I'll get any help on this website, only people questioning my capabilities and other facts. I'll search for more websites. I'm just trying to find out if my boat is an isolated case or if other Ski 200 OB owners have the same problem.

-------------
Rick

Date Posted: July-02-2011 at 6:57pm

Doesn't look like I'll get any help on this website, only people questioning my capabilities and other facts. I'll search for more websites. I'm just trying to find out if my boat is an isolated case or if other Ski 200 OB owners have the same problem.

Rick,
Maybe some careful reading and looking at the link I provided would help you. http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=18017&KW=submarine&PID=219597&title=help-new-200-span-classhighlightsubmarine-spans#219597 - Did you even bother to look at this thread I linked for you? Also, the on site search feature is a wonderful tool. I used it to find the above link. Do your reading before coming down on the boat you bought. Even more important is maybe you should of had your family with you during that test drive before you bought all that bling!!

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: July-02-2011 at 7:00pm

I think the design with open bow might be a defective design

Correct Craft has been making Ski Nautiques with open bows since the 1990's (Correct me if im wrong...im only 16.lol) and you are the first person i have ever heard complain about it. How can it be a defective design, IF it is the same exact demensions as the closed bow version.

Lets look at it this way --> Ski Nautique OB (SNOB) is NOT really designed for a full family on day outings. It is designed to be a Champion Tournament Towboat. Especially the 200. The open bow is only an extra feature. Itis very nice to have an open bow, but not to have your family up there then come to a sudden stop. The new ski boats are NOT like a deck boat. You have to know how to use them. They are designed for proffessional skiing in the course.

But if you want a nice family boat, then i suggest a Sport Nautique. We also have a 95 sport. When people sit in the bow water loves to splash up. Just face it. Every low bow nautique will take water in the bow no matter what is in the bow!

If you dont want this, there are air nautiques or even the BRAND NEW Sport nautique 200. The 200 Sport has higher freeboard than before. But it is also built on the 200 hull.

So, i wouldn't try to argue with the manufacture that the open bow is bad. If you look closely in the manual, it says stuff about wight distribution (common sense) and capacity in the bow.

My suggestion is to get a bigger boat. unless you are going to ski in the course every morning at 6am and become a top world class skier...

just my suggestion

Date Posted: July-02-2011 at 7:04pm

Doesn't look like I'll get any help on this website, only people questioning my capabilities and other facts. I'll search for more websites. I'm just trying to find out if my boat is an isolated case or if other Ski 200 OB owners have the same problem.

They all do that. It is a matter of the driver controlling the boat in the situation and the kind of boat.

And by the way, this site is VERY helpful.

Anyways, good luck finding help on other nautique websites. They will say the same exact stuff as above. no doubt. If they even bother to answer...

And your boat is NOT an isolated case. Lets use some sense... What would cause that?

Date Posted: July-02-2011 at 7:11pm
You're smart- The open bow is definitely add added feature, but I would say detriment in this case.

-------------
Rick

Date Posted: July-02-2011 at 7:19pm
Don't plan to become a world class skier, but I'm almost 60. We'll see, maybe a senior champion. And yes I ski a slalom course all year round, every day except when windy, close to 300 days a year without exaggeration even when the water is 45 and the air is 28. I've had water dripping off my body instantly turning into ice many times. I skied 6 passes today and 15 yesterday. How about you?

-------------
Rick

Date Posted: July-02-2011 at 7:25pm
I had a 1993 Malibu Echelon LX. That's the open bow and it NEVER submarined, with or without people in the bow. Of course I'm not talking about turning around into my wake, because all boats not driven properly or should I say not fast enough over a wake will produce a submarining effect, even my 11 ton cabin cruiser.

-------------
Rick

Date Posted: July-02-2011 at 7:25pm
Rick,

Again, I think it's a tough deal. I have seen others complain that the 200 OB is easy to dip the nose. I don't know that it is a design flaw. Every boat has things it does well, and things not so well. The boat has a better ski wake than any other OB in the industry. In fact, a better wake for water skiing than every boat - period - except for its closed bow counterpart. But, not a great rough water boat. Nice you can put a couple of people up there, but you have to be really careful. I think that's just the way it is.

I this point in my life I don't ski slalom courses, and I doubt I will again. Wish I could find the time just to be drug behind a boat 300 days per year.

BKH

-------------
Livin' the Dream

Date Posted: July-02-2011 at 7:27pm

I had a 1993 Malibu Echelon LX. That's the open bow and it NEVER submarined, with or without people in the bow. Of course I'm not talking about turning around into my wake, because all boats not driven properly or should I say not fast enough over a wake will produce a submarining effect, even my 11 ton cabin cruiser.

Good boat. Lot different hull shape than the 200. Good wake, but you'll have to admit, not close to the wake of the 200.

BKH

-------------
Livin' the Dream

Date Posted: July-02-2011 at 7:43pm
Sorry, didn't want you to feel bad about all my skiing days. Actually, I did miss 6 months of skiing 3 years ago when I ruptured 2 discs in my lower back. I was in a wheelchair for 2 weeks before I got an operation- couldn't even stand up. But I've resumed to everyday skiing after 6 mo recoup time.
Actually, it's been so long since I had the Malibu, I can't compare it now, but I remember it had a really small soft wake.

-------------
Rick

Date Posted: July-02-2011 at 7:54pm
Well me, i got up at 4:40am today.

Ate some pop tarts.

Replied to this post at about 5:00am

Went down to the dock and went to the coarse.

Of course the damns were holding back a lot of water because of the runoff so we had to adjust the bouys because they were about 6 inches under water.

Went skiing.

Drove

Went Skiing

Drove

Basically do that every morning around the same time in the summer. There is snow on the ground in winter so cant really ski then.

But ya. what did you think i do for a 16 year old in the morning????

Definitely hate wakeboard boats and tubers... Just overall any boat thats not a ski boat with out fat sacs i hate!

Date Posted: July-02-2011 at 8:01pm
Is it just me or is the forums acting up. Sometimes it shows blanks and missing posts....

Posted By: Luchog
Date Posted: July-02-2011 at 8:58pm

[

Correct Craft has been making Ski Nautiques with open bows since the 1990's (Correct me if im wrong...im only 16.lol) and you are the first person i have ever heard complain about it. How can it be a defective design, IF it is the same exact demensions as the closed bow version.

yes you are wrong, dimensions might be the same but interior lay up is different. The cockpit is moved back to make room for the open bow.

As for the issue on topic, I think Rckman is a new member, has proven pretty knowdlegeable on both skiing and boating, why dont we help him out instead of arguing wakes and driving skills???

does this happen with a full tank of gas too? (is it on the transom as in the other DDs?)

does anyone have a link for the MC accident?

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2095" rel="nofollow - 1980 Ski Nautique

Commander 351W

Date Posted: July-02-2011 at 9:24pm
Thank you Luchog. I'm glad you asked about the gas tank. Full gas tank is much better as far as the problem goes, but I run through a tank of gas a week and sometimes it's not as full and the problem becomes worse. And it really isn't a problem at all except when there are people in the bow. Other than that I find it normal.

-------------
Rick

Posted By: DrCC
Date Posted: July-02-2011 at 9:35pm
FL inboards is probably the only one in here that drives a 200 every day or every other day.

Date Posted: July-02-2011 at 9:53pm
Just keep the gas tank full and drive carefully.

Maybe you could add some extra weight on the back as long as it doesnt affect the ski wake, like 20-40lbs maybe?

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2095" rel="nofollow - 1980 Ski Nautique

Commander 351W

Date Posted: July-02-2011 at 9:54pm

The transom is in the rear. This entire conversation and replies concern the bow.

Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Well Rick, I guess you didn't follow what I was trying to tell you about the "transom wake". Notice I did NOT say anything about other wakes. The transom wake is the hole in the water that the hull itself makes. If you don't slow down and then even give it some gas, the wake will come from the rear and push the aft end up and consequently the bow down.

Originally posted by Luchog Luchog wrote:

here's where you're wrong...

imagine the boat hull on a level plane pivoting from the middle (center of gravity on a DD)... then push the stern (transom) up... what happens to the bow???

can you picture it now?

You have the gall to tell us we are not listening to you!!! You sir, are not the one with good reading skills.

We are very passionate about our CC's and defend them when ever possible. Once again, you made a very poor choice in selecting a boat designed for skiing and not out with the family. There is NOTHING wrong with you boat. Go attach another site.

4000 hours behind the helm of a boat? BS!!!!!

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: peter1234
Date Posted: July-02-2011 at 10:09pm
your problem is mild compared to the bow dipping on one side at 55 mph haha ..    Pete you are my hero.. i picture you slapping him and saying YOU SIR ARE A CAD...

-------------
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go

Date Posted: July-02-2011 at 10:09pm
oh and my problem is owner engineered and operator error ......

-------------

Date Posted: July-02-2011 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by peter1234 peter1234 wrote:

your problem is mild compared to the bow dipping on one side at 55 mph haha ..    Pete you are my hero.. i picture you slapping him and saying YOU SIR ARE A CAD...

Peter,
What is the latest and greatest on you weird problem? Unless I missed it, have you come to any solution?

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: KRoundy
Date Posted: July-03-2011 at 2:34am
rckmann, welcome to the forums. Open bows ride low in the nose. They just do. The closed bow boats have A LOT less weight up in the front and thus they tend to ride more high up front than their open-bow brethren. I think I understand the issue you are having. The first time I drove an open bow boat I completely plowed under the front end a bunch of times. It wasn't a 200 (it was a Malibu iRide, to be honest). With careful driving and people placement I learned to keep the bow up a little more and solve the problem for the most part.

It might help to think of how you are loading your boat. The entire thing is like a big sea-saw. The middle of the sea-saw is your engine. Putting more weight on one side (like people up in the bow) will cause the boat to lean towards that side. Adding to this affect is the fact that the bow of a boat, by nature of shape, displaces less water. It is pointy and shallow, so the bow has to dip down further into the water to displace weight than would the same amount of weight in the back where the hull is deep, flat and wide which is great for displacing water. Who is an engineer... me! Let me know if this talk of displacement doesn't make sense.

An experiment for you: The next time you feel like the bow is going under, have a passenger move from the bow to the rear seat. Then see if the bow still goes under as easy.

When you are having this issue, is everybody in the front of the boat? You, your passengers, gear?

-------------
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow

Date Posted: July-03-2011 at 4:01am
I knew that the layout was different inside. I was talking about the outside hull.lol

Anyways, when i am on the course a ski nautique 200 comes out every morning. I can ask him about it...

His doesn't ride very low though. Although he only has a like 2 people a couple skis, gear and a rope...

Posted By: adamt
Date Posted: July-03-2011 at 6:05am

Doesn't look like I'll get any help on this website, only people questioning my capabilities and other facts. I'll search for more websites.

Good luck on that one, let us know how that works out.

-------------
-Adam

1973 Skier

Date Posted: July-03-2011 at 9:51am
Thanks KRoundy. I understand displacement and I'll try your suggestion. Myself and one or two others are in the middle- driver and seat next to driver. One or two people under 140# ea in front and sometimes one or two in rear. he gear is on the floor behind the drivers seat.

-------------
Rick

Date Posted: July-03-2011 at 11:45am
Pete update ... i shortened my prop shaft 1.5 " moving it toward the strut . ordered a cutlass bearing. polished the casting off the rudder. (maybe unnecessary) but looks better. shortend a newer straight rudder port to raise the rudder tight to the hull. before it hits the water i am buying a prop. i may also grind the hook out of the hull per Reid

-------------

Posted By: 75 Tique
Date Posted: July-03-2011 at 12:15pm
Interesting thread. I used to own an 89 Supra. You all remember those, really low swoopy down transom, oh, I mean bow.(I always get confused as to which is the pointy end) Water would easily come up over the bow, if not the windshield. Closed bow, so I didnt even have people up front, and it could happen. My first reaction was not to complain or sue the company for building an obviously defective boat. My solution was to slow down carefully and not plunge it into other wakes. Problem solved. Of course thats not to say it didnt happen other times on ocassion when I thought the unsuspecting passenger in the observers seat looked like he/she needed cooling off.

I gotta say I'm a little confused by the OPs comments. Here is a person who has spent more time at the wheel than a professional airline pilot and has spent more time in a course than the Lapoints, Mapple, Parrish et al combined, yet is unhappy with what has been haralded by most as the finest ski boat ever manufactured. Seems a little bit like a seasoned motorcyclist complaining that motor cycles can be dangerous or a lifted 4x4 owner complaining that his car has stability issues, or a contractor complaining that he cant fit his ladders into his new Mazda 3. If he wanted a boat that was going to perform like a Sea Ray or Wellcraft, probably should have bought a Sea Ray or Wellcraft. I guess I'd be pretty bummed too if I dropped 60-70 grand on a boat that didnt meet my needs, but chances are if I dropped 60-70 grand (yeah, like that going to happen) on a new boat, I'd be pretty darn sure it was what I wanted.

-------------

Posted By: Brennan
Date Posted: July-03-2011 at 12:52pm

Thanks KRoundy. I understand displacement and I'll try your suggestion. Myself and one or two others are in the middle- driver and seat next to driver. One or two people under 140# ea in front and sometimes one or two in rear. he gear is on the floor behind the drivers seat.

This is your problem. You have way too much weight forward of the pylon. You have the possibility for 5 people forward of the pylon and 2 behind. You will sink that bow every time you slow down with that kind of weight distribution. I am not going to sit here and tell you are doing it wrong or bought the wrong boat. Each and every boat is different, you can have years behind another towboat, but that doesn't make you an expert at driving a 200.

I have had the pleasure to drive this boat at the factory this spring. This boat is just not a family boat or people carrier as you are using it. Almost every owner of a 200 open bow got the open bow feature for resale or to use while sitting at a dock. If you are serious about your skiing, you wouldn't want more then 2 people in the boat while skiing anyways.

You didn't necessarily make the wrong choice, you just need to adjust your weight distribution and get some more wheel time behind a 200. Try driving with 2 people up front (driver and observer) and 2 people in the back. You can drive all day and you will not sink the bow. Experiment, and listen to what others said about the transom wake. It will make a huge difference how you slow the boat down.

Good luck.

-------------
1997 Ski Nautique

Date Posted: July-03-2011 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

I gotta say I'm a little confused by the OPs comments. Here is a person who has spent more time at the wheel than a professional airline pilot and has spent more time in a course than the Lapoints, Mapple, Parrish et al combined, yet is unhappy with what has been haralded by most as the finest ski boat ever manufactured. Seems a little bit like a seasoned motorcyclist complaining that motor cycles can be dangerous or a lifted 4x4 owner complaining that his car has stability issues, or a contractor complaining that he cant fit his ladders into his new Mazda 3. If he wanted a boat that was going to perform like a Sea Ray or Wellcraft, probably should have bought a Sea Ray or Wellcraft. I guess I'd be pretty bummed too if I dropped 60-70 grand on a boat that didnt meet my needs, but chances are if I dropped 60-70 grand (yeah, like that going to happen) on a new boat, I'd be pretty darn sure it was what I wanted.

Larry,
Your command of the English language has always impressed me!

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: July-03-2011 at 1:13pm

I'm cruising at 25-35 and then put it in neutral to slow down, the bow goes underwater and the people get drenched, even in calm water.

Well, thats pretty much the recipe to sink a bow.

Almost all of these boats would dive if someone was sitting on the bow.

But i wouldn't have someone in the bow underway because the whole thought of it creeps me out and also don't want visibility obscured with a fathead in front of me.

I understand your frustrated, but i don't think the boat was made to be like a wakesetter. Its appears to be tournament boat with a front rumble seat.

Just plan your stops and leave it in gear till it settles in.

-------------

River Rat to Mole

Date Posted: July-03-2011 at 1:56pm
I guess I'll look into Malibu, because the '93 boat I had which was open bow, never once submarined unless going into a wake too slowly no matter how many people were in front of the pylon. I don't know if the Malibu OB is the same now as the one I had years ago as designs have changed.
Seeing that all of you here are Nautique fanatics I guess I shouldn't have expected many useful or concerned comments. To a few a you- thanks. To most of you- Some day, what you dished out- here and probably everywhere else, will return to you with interest. When you find yourself saying, "Why did this happen to me?" you'll already have the answer. Signing out forever. (I know- good riddance.)
If I decide to get a Malibu or MC or other, I'll be sure to post a Nautique "submarine" video on You Tube so nobody else wastes their money on Nautique's Ski 200 OB.

Date Posted: July-03-2011 at 2:42pm
buddy you have issues

-------------

Date Posted: July-03-2011 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by peter1234 peter1234 wrote:

buddy you have issues

Peter,
I sure agree! He buys a 60 to 70K boat, doesn't test it to make sure it fits his needs and then blames CC and us for the supposed problem. I guess that 4000 hours behind the helm didn't help! We sure know our advice on learning to drive the boats didn't! I hope that new Gayliner he buys will fit his needs.

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: harddock
Date Posted: July-03-2011 at 3:46pm
You have a legitimate problem, You want to only blame the boat. You ask us for advise, Now you want to blame us. I see apattern forming here. Give me that boat for a day and I'll teach you how to drive it.

btw I do have over 5,000 hours behind the wheel.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=4487" rel="nofollow - 1998 Ski Nautique

Date Posted: July-03-2011 at 5:00pm
Who the F&%# is blaming you, unless you blame yourselves! Now if you're the manufacturer that makes & markets a poorly designed open bow tournament boat- Nautique Ski 200, then I do blame you. I never saw so many all-knowing conceded A$#H&L#% all in one place.

-------------
Rick

Date Posted: July-03-2011 at 5:09pm
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=22383&title=trevor-bayne--nascar-driver-just-got-a-nautique - Need driving lesons? Trevor Bayne-Nascar driver just got a Nautique

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: Gary S
Date Posted: July-03-2011 at 5:17pm
[QUOTE=rckmann] Seeing that all of you here are Nautique fanatics I guess I shouldn't have expected many useful or concerned comments. QUOTE]

I wondered why this site was called correct craft fan!

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1711&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1966&yrend=1970" rel="nofollow - 69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Posted By: Brennan
Date Posted: July-03-2011 at 5:26pm
Grow up. Learn to change and adapt. Not every boat is a Malibu from the 90's with a mediocre wake...
Return the Nautique and let somebody who actually knows what they are doing have a world class three event tow boat.

All you have done is bitch and whine about a problem that can easily be remedied by you. Not to mention how you refuse to accept that you might be the problem, not the boat.

-------------
1997 Ski Nautique

Date Posted: July-03-2011 at 5:39pm
According to the 2010 Brochure.
Claims the 200 OB to be "Identical" in weight and balance as the 200 CB.
Seems to me the bow section would be heavier.
Due to the added square footage of fiberglass and interior.

Date Posted: July-03-2011 at 5:42pm

I guess I'll look into Malibu, because the '93 boat I had which was open bow, never once submarined unless going into a wake too slowly no matter how many people were in front of the pylon. I don't know if the Malibu OB is the same now as the one I had years ago as designs have changed.
Seeing that all of you here are Nautique fanatics I guess I shouldn't have expected many useful or concerned comments. To a few a you- thanks. To most of you- Some day, what you dished out- here and probably everywhere else, will return to you with interest. When you find yourself saying, "Why did this happen to me?" you'll already have the answer. Signing out forever. (I know- good riddance.)
If I decide to get a Malibu or MC or other, I'll be sure to post a Nautique "submarine" video on You Tube so nobody else wastes their money on Nautique's Ski 200 OB.

Well, have fun with that MasterCrap or Maliboo...

And i dont think anyone will listen to you when you tell them that not to waste there money on a nautique. Thats why they are the best boats ever made... Of course when you know how drive them!!!!

As you said before, you are going about 25-30 mph and put it into neutral then it submerges the bow.
Well, when you do that the transom wake pushes the back up and the bow down. As it was said before...

HERE is the correct way to slow down... Slowly start pulling back on the throttle in till it is in gear. DONT pull it back to neutral. This way the transom wake kind of goes away and doesn't push the transom (Thats the back in case you didn't know) up and bow down. This was only told to you 108 times in this post...

Anyways, pulling it straight back into neutral is step 2 of the submarine. To fully submarine you want a little more speed and and then suddenly crank it straight to neutral then full reverse. Then you and your passengers will get very wet!

Also, does maliboo even make a decent ski boat??? I have only seen wake boats...

And about the part where you said "why did this happen to me?" towards all of us non-helpers... Well, we wont be an F*In idiot like you and i think we all know, well almost all of us, know how to properly drive an inboard ski boat with an open bow!

Send us a link of the nautique submarine video! I am sure we will all love to see you crying after the fact that NO ONE wants to buy a boat that was submarined. So you basically are throwing away about 70 grand! Have fun! If you think the video will make people not want to buy a nautique open bow, you are wrong. They will look at the video and say what an idiot for submarining that beautiful boat...

Well, bye!!! have fun at the MasterCrap or Maliboo or the Gayliner forums!!!! Hope you sell your nice boat to someone who actually knows how to drive it!

Date Posted: July-03-2011 at 5:50pm

Now if you're the manufacturer that makes & markets a poorly designed open bow tournament boat- Nautique Ski 200, then I do blame you.

Isn't it Ski Nautique 200?? Not Nautique Ski 200...

Thats what it was last time i checked. I mean they have only been that way since they were made. You must really not know this boat. You must have seen it and instantly bought it knowing nothing about it...

Date Posted: July-03-2011 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by DrCC DrCC wrote:

According to the 2010 Brochure.
Claims the 200 OB to be "Identical" in weight and balance as the 200 CB.
Seems to me the bow section would be heavier.
Due to the added square footage of fiberglass and interior.

Al,
I feel the same way but not by much. You need to consider the weight of the deck on the C/B so it's really the vertical extra fiberglass and upholstery.
"Identical" in the hands of the marketing group is a pretty vague term!

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: July-03-2011 at 6:01pm
Rick,
I forgot to ask! What other sites did you find that helped you with your problem? What did the gang over on PN have to say?

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: July-03-2011 at 6:13pm
Maybe next year they'll be carbon fiber.

It just seems to me that "open-bow" and "3-event tournament ski boat" is a contradiction of terms.

Can't say and won't say because I have not driven one.

Posted By: Morfoot
Date Posted: July-03-2011 at 6:14pm
This is the post you put on the other thread.....

Thanks, finally an actual Ski 200 OB owner. I have the exact same problem and glad to hear I'm not the only one. Have you contacted CC yet? Immediately after I complained to CC they sent out 2 people to check it out. But first they took my boat in to the dealer for a coincidental "rudder port recall". When they brought my boat back and tested it, it didn't submarine (without passengers in the bow). They left and said they did nothing, even though it did it every time before that. Several months after they left I had passengers in the bow and it started again, but only with passengers in the bow.

If I had this problem with my new SN200 and even IF it were CC's fault for building a "defective" boat why in the Heck did you not reproduce the EXACT same conditions when the CC reps where there? Hellllllllooooo.

ANY of the CCFans here will tell you right up front that.... " Yeah I love my Open Bow but you have to change YOUR driving habits as she'll submarine on you in a heartbeat!" I've had several members here tell me that...

Sorry your PO'd at CC and us and maybe if you'd swallow your 4000 hrs of boat time and put aside your Grumpy Old Man mentality and just try a few of the suggestions that members here have suggested (who together have more hours behind the wheel than you'll ever have if you skied everyday for the rest of your life). You might be pleasantly surprised. Give Jody @ Fla Inboards a call as he IS a PROFESSIONAL boat driver and TALK to him. I'm sure he'd help you if you truly want help with your boat problem.

"It takes a Big man to admit he is wrong but an even BIGGER man to swallow his pride and listen to those of others!"

" An Older man isn't always a Wiser One!"

-------------
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"

Date Posted: July-03-2011 at 6:27pm
Excellent idea Tim! Rick, talk about someone who's been behind the helm of CC's for years, Jody is the guy. He's worked for CC and is a senior rated driver for USA water ski!! MG, he's probably put in well over 4001 hours and that's a pro driving!!
http://floridainboards.com/ - Florida Inboards (850) 215-1996

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: July-03-2011 at 7:09pm
i think you meant conceited   and as far as anyone else on here try to remember everyone on here is passionate about their boats. Everyone here knows and understands the bright spots and detriments (if they are detriments ) of their boats and manufacturers. you came on here for advice . you were told what to expect and how to work around it . you are quick to bash the company the fans and everything else except your ability to admit you didnt test it properly and your inability to work with the issue you create. I would hate to be your co workers, wife, sibling, neighbor ,child ,parent or dog ...

-------------

Date Posted: July-03-2011 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Rick,
I forgot to ask! What other sites did you find that helped you with your problem? What did the gang over on PN have to say?

I just went over to PN and yes, Rick did post hie problem there too. Very few answers but absolutely the same suggestions - His driving skills even with 4000 hours behind the helm SUCK!!

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: July-03-2011 at 8:49pm
is there a link to the PN post?

Date Posted: July-03-2011 at 9:02pm

is there a link to the PN post?

Derek,
Sorry I should have done it before.

http://www.planetnautique.com/vb3/showthread.php?20665-Ski-200-Open-Bow - Link to Ricks post on PN
I guess I just thought everyone here went over to the site occasionally. BTW, I don't!! I just figured that Rick stating we are a bunch of "A" holes and saying he was going elsewhere, he'd find the PN site!! It was very interesting to see the response on PN since they are so "tuned into" the latest and greatest" bling. Not that we aren't, but it looks like they gave him the very same answers. His helmanship SUCKS!!!! Plus, I feel his math is off coming up with the 4000 hours!

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: July-04-2011 at 1:49am
Thank you!

You are right. They are saying the same thing! That what i told him earlier. He would here the same thing that he doesn't know how to drive an open bow ski boat!

Maybe, he is lying about the people in the boat, because i have seen 200's and pics of them and they are not low as he describes. So overall he suckas at driving that thing!

I am still waiting to see the Ski Nautique 200 submarine video rick!

Date Posted: July-04-2011 at 2:03am
I still dont see all the fun in mocking a guy posting a boat problem.

Maybe this guy isnt the best driver around, but he has a real issue, and he's right about something, if the boat is ONLY for competition ski, then it should not be sold to the public unless they make you sign some papers before or the passenger label should be for 1 or 2 only. that or a safety driving course for new Ski nautique 200 O/B owners.

He might be off on some points, but we've had at least 1 other topic on this subject. the 200 is a new design, for sure it's great but it might still need some tweaks, but who will admit it? I dont think so with the 60-70k price tag on them, they need to profit from it for some years.
I dont think when the Pro Air design came out CC ever admitted it was not that good until they discontinued it.
Business are business, and boats can always be a little better.

May I also add my humble opinion that some members are taking it all very personal lately... calm down guys.

-------------

Commander 351W

Posted By: emccallum
Date Posted: July-04-2011 at 3:13am
I have driven/sailed a wide variety of boats over my lifetime (45 years). SN for the last fifteen to twenty years. Pulled a pro skier for the last two years. I cant afford a 200 and really dont know much about them. My 95 SNOB is really only good for two teens up front while skiing or wakeboarding. It takes attention to keep the bow dry while retrieving a skier (or rider as you wakeboarders say).
I feel a bit sorry for the OP as I feel he bought a boat with seating up front that isnt as useful as he expected. If he were real nice to the dealer or CC, maybe they would give him a break on a trade.....but for some reason I think he probably burnt that bridge.

I just cant figure out how someone can be around boats and skiing that much and not understand the design of the open bow tourney boats. Heck, I put weight in the bow of my SNOB to get a better wake! I suggest he put the cover on the bow and pretend it isnt there.

Date Posted: July-04-2011 at 4:43am

I still dont see all the fun in mocking a guy posting a boat problem.

Maybe this guy isnt the best driver around, but he has a real issue, and he's right about something, if the boat is ONLY for competition ski, then it should not be sold to the public unless they make you sign some papers before or the passenger label should be for 1 or 2 only. that or a safety driving course for new Ski nautique 200 O/B owners.

He might be off on some points, but we've had at least 1 other topic on this subject. the 200 is a new design, for sure it's great but it might still need some tweaks, but who will admit it? I dont think so with the 60-70k price tag on them, they need to profit from it for some years.
I dont think when the Pro Air design came out CC ever admitted it was not that good until they discontinued it.
Business are business, and boats can always be a little better.

May I also add my humble opinion that some members are taking it all very personal lately... calm down guys.

They do make you sign a CRAP-TON of papers before you purchase the boat...

It is all agreements and what not. Typical papers.

But with in those papers they have stuff about all this. You have to find time to read it all...

And the open bow is an extra feature. Many people like the open bows to sit in when at a dock or just floating. NOT when pulling a skier. Especially in the 200!

Why are we mocking him? All he does is says we are wrong and tells us how many hours he has (i mean wants to have) behind the wheel of a boat. He only complains and whines. He NEVER accepts any of our suggestions. His problem is obvious. He said he slows down by going from 25-35mph straight back to neutral. That is the recipe for a submarine. You are suppose to gradually slow down and go back into in gear. Not to neutral!

Posted By: WildH2OSkier
Date Posted: July-04-2011 at 4:59am
Its obviously a flaw in the design of the boat. I've had a similar experience. I had put several thousand hours on a Harley Davidson and tried riding one of those crotch rockets.
It wouldn't cruise worth a damn and when I lugged the engine down it still wanted to make that little buzzy sound.
It didn't have nothing to do with the way I operated it, it was obviously a manufacturers defect. I just can't understand why those sport bike guys didn't see it my way.

Date Posted: July-04-2011 at 5:20am
You are dumb. Not everything is built the same...

After riding one motorcycle for a while then switching to another, it is going to be different. ESPECIALLY when it is a completely different style of bike. It is NOT a defect... It is the way it is! That is how they are built.

Same thing with boats. They all ride differently to a point...

Posted By: bonuts
Date Posted: July-04-2011 at 5:53am
I would think the bike reference was said tongue in cheek. Relax

-------------
Terry

Posted By: adamt
Date Posted: July-04-2011 at 6:48am
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

If I had this problem with my new SN200 and even IF it were CC's fault for building a "defective" boat why in the Heck did you not reproduce the EXACT same conditions when the CC reps where there? Hellllllllooooo.

X2, Tim hit the nail on the head...

-------------
-Adam

1973 Skier

Date Posted: July-04-2011 at 11:33am
We'll have to agree to disagree, I think that a boat sold to the general public wich is so sensitive to weight distribution should not come with open bow or not be sold to the general public.
It not the MC guy placing his 12 friends on the bow, it's just an empty fuel tank and 1 person on the bow.

Now Intelsoftapps, if you just take some time off from calling people things you may even add a picture of your CC to your profile and share something constructive around here besides all the harsh wording on new members, like yourself.

When you tell your wife what to do and she doesnt, do you also call her out like this?

-------------

Commander 351W

Posted By: bbishop1974
Date Posted: July-04-2011 at 11:41am
luch,the kid is 16.he online at 2 am.i get cranky when its past my bedtime too.

Date Posted: July-04-2011 at 11:46am
Maybe it's the "pop tarts" he takes for breakfast at 4.30am, or the Montain Dew wich has him all fuzzed up!!!!

He states 47 years old on his profile... something fishy around there, I though it would be a S79it comeback but the grammar is just too "gentle" and good.

-------------

Commander 351W

Posted By: bbishop1974
Date Posted: July-04-2011 at 12:13pm
page 1"iam only 16,lol".iam only picking on intel anyways.at least he is here learning and not playing video games

Date Posted: July-04-2011 at 12:27pm
I agree w Luch..... I stopped posting when it was obvious he didn't want to hear our comments/help. I would like to see more of that...... Just stop. That is one of the reasons that I was a lurker here for so long before I posted.... I had been flamed on PN and wakeworld many times for asking questions of inexperience.... He was inexperienced about his Correct Craft.....I hope I don't get that here when I ask about adjusting carbs or fiberglass layup......things I know little about....

This site is great.... The guys (& gals) are great...... But flaming folks for asking obviously inexperienced questions isn't what the site and our buddies are about... It is about building a CorrectCraftFan family.....I know he was provocative..... But we are better than the middle schoolers on WakeWorld....

I really enjoy the folks I've gotten to know from this site.... I'd rather a newcomer see that side of the site and CorrectCraftFans......

-------------
78 SkiTiq

Posted By: bhectus
Date Posted: July-04-2011 at 12:51pm
I think that the OP is just a large part of exactly what is going wrong with this country. The "pussification" of America. The "blame someone else" attitude. Maybe take some responsibility for your own actions for a change, listen to constructive criticism and advice and change your habits. It could open doors and pave roads.

-------------
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001

Date Posted: July-04-2011 at 4:14pm

Maybe it's the "pop tarts" he takes for breakfast at 4.30am, or the Montain Dew wich has him all fuzzed up!!!!

He states 47 years old on his profile... something fishy around there, I though it would be a S79it comeback but the grammar is just too "gentle" and good.

1. Mountain Dew is gross. especially at 430am. Its all about the coke...

2. I made my second account from my phone cause i had a question and i forget my old account stuff over the winter... so i dont really want to spend time and fully fill out all of the info. I forgot to change it, but thanks for reminding me.

3. How can something smell fishy about me. I am not a spammer...or anything like that. My user name is one of my names i use for my Android Development. The other would be TechBamboo. Yes, thats right, i create android AOS applications at the age of 16...

4. And the original poster is dumb and blames everyone and CC that its there fault, when he is the one that cant drive.

5. I created a diaries that was asked by Luch. it is waiting approval.

6. I was up to 2am doing some work and decided i would just stay up to go skiing at 5am. I dont have a bed time

7. Any other questions, complaints, or comments???

Date Posted: July-04-2011 at 8:19pm

7. Any other questions, complaints, or comments???

I dont care who you are, what you do, what age you claim or not to be, if you ski or tube, what you eat or puke or if you sleep early or choose to stay up watching hot tv. Just be nice to fellow members, even when they are doing wrong and wont listen to your constructive suggestions.

-------------

Commander 351W

Posted By: SNobsessed
Date Posted: July-04-2011 at 8:53pm
I agree, we should treat each other online the same as if we were face to face. Probably even better, because it is easy to mis-interpret the intent of a post.

I like CCF because of the high brow way we treat each other, let's keep it that way.

-------------
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin

Posted By: WildH2OSkier
Date Posted: July-04-2011 at 10:06pm
There are no two items built on the same platform that are farther removed from each other than crotch rockets and Harley's. what I said was in jest and to prove a point. Two differently designed machines are going to handle differently. Also Nautiques are Competiton Ski Boats (sez so right on the stern of mine) so they are not supposed to be driven by people who cannot come to grips with their performance envelopes in comparison Maliboos and Disastercrafts.
Now is a good time for me to post this notification for all of you to read "95% of my bull*************** is pure bull***************...and I probably wouldn't listen to closely to the other 5% either)

Posted By: Keeganino
Date Posted: July-04-2011 at 10:32pm
Never seen such a bunch a poo flingin monkeys! Yikes This thread needs to be burried!

-------------
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=4897" rel="nofollow - 1973 Skier

Date Posted: July-04-2011 at 10:37pm
Exactly, seeing how it took cc from 1925 to 1997 to finally make a smaller ski wake than then competition, this brand bashing is also getting nauseating.

-------------

River Rat to Mole

Posted By: Dieseldawg
Date Posted: July-05-2011 at 12:11am
I was surfing the ski-it-again site today and came across a post for a promo 200 OB. The picture in the add shows the boat at a low speed and the bow is very low in the water. I can only imagine how easy it would be to take on water over the bow, especially with additional passenger weight up front. I would also like to point out that over the bow water intake could all be avoided with proper driving technique. Also, if I did take water over the bow in calm water, I sure as heck would not repeat the same driving technique to make it happen again.<-----THINK ABOUT IT!
I have included a link to the 200 OB post to show the bow riding low in the water.
http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?topic=Search&category=Comp_Boat&postid=15956

I was unable to make it to the Masters waterski tournament this year. However I did not notice any of the drivers struggling with water over the bow during the 2010 masters. All of the masters tow boats have three people on board in front of the pylon, but not in the bow. I wonder how many hours those drivers have under their belts?

-------------
02' Ski Nautique GT40 EFI

Posted By: Hollywood
Date Posted: July-05-2011 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by WildH2OSkier WildH2OSkier wrote:

Now is a good time for me to post this notification for all of you to read "95% of my bull*************** is pure bull***************...and I probably wouldn't listen to closely to the other 5% either)

Pete and Intel, you guys went too far with the name calling IMO.

GottaSki also has a great point, CC was behind in wakes for a long time.

-------------

Date Posted: July-05-2011 at 1:28pm
My original post did not ask for driving advice, but all of you except Luchog were quick to accuse me of driver error, stupidity and inexperience followed by driving lessons. I was only trying to ascertain if it was only my boat or all 200 OBs that have the submarining problem. I especially find it very interesting that all of you are so knowledgeable, willing and able to give advice on a boat that it appears not one of you own and have little or no actual driving experience (with the 200 OB or CB). This Nautique is completely redesigned and unlike past Nautiques and while your driving techniques do work well on other boats, they don't on this boat, at least not mine. Also my boat was special ordered and handles quite differently than the OB & CB boats I demoed, even though some of you insist they are all identical. In fact, before they took my boat in for a coincidental "rudder port recall", while driving with no one in the bow and when coming to a stop the boat submarined more that a foot under water and continuing down as I was throttling down slowly as everyone here has so highly recommended and it was the continued forward thrust that caused the boat to continue downward. Had I not immediately jammed the throttle in reverse, my new boat would have definitely sunk. This happened time after time after time until they made a repair, which CC denies, obviously trying not to blemish the image of their new design. I can give the names of about 10 different passengers who were witness to this before and after CC's repair. I assure you that I have absolutely no trouble and am perfectly capable of driving my boat or any other boat without ever dunking the front end even into my own wake or any other wake, except with someone in the bow. Even after CC's initial repair, my 200 OB still submarines when people are in the bow. My only complaint is that CC sells and markets the 200 OB as a "family" competition ski boat because of the seating in the bow. The boat is great on the slalom course but, I'm sorry to say, that as a family boat it's absolutely useless. The bow area can only be used for relaxing while parked. If the bow seating is used while under way the passenger(s) in the bow get sprayed and often get soaked as the boat submarines when coming to a stop fast or slow. I only started this dialog after Greg Meloon, VP of Nautique product development refused to offer even a suggestion on what I might do to fix my boat even at my own expense. I told him I would pay for making a slight hull design change to the front of the boat so that the bow could be used safely and comfortably. I am very happy with the boat, but my wife is terrified to ride in the bow. The reason I purchased the open bow version was for my wife as she likes to ride in the bow. Obviously I don't ski on the slalom course with someone in the bow and even limit the number of passengers. I only hope this appeal gets to Nautique and that they offer to help me before my next round of publicity which I assure you will be much more resourceful and will hopefully reach perspective 200 OB buyers that might as I did believe Nautique and dealers who sell the open bow for actual use under way.

-------------
Rick

Date Posted: July-05-2011 at 1:47pm
What prop is on the boat and do you keep the hydrogate up while cruising around with bow riders?

-------------

Date Posted: July-05-2011 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Pete and Intel, you guys went too far with the name calling IMO.

My initial responces like others, were trying to help but then when Rick didn't seem to be listening and started coming down on the CC design, I went into defense mode and yes, went too far. I apologize for that.

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: July-05-2011 at 1:49pm
Buy me a few Coors Lights at the Goose Blind and I'll forgive you. Plenty of valid points were brought up, I'd be scared too if the bow kept going down. Anyone with 40 hrs of inboard driving knows it's a better alternitive to not to ride around with bow riders, but these boats are clearly advertised with them. I even took a small wave over my half of the windshield last night, 2 up front and 2 besides the engine. The lake was just rough!

-------------

Date Posted: July-05-2011 at 2:12pm
I don't know what prop. It's what came with the boat. When cruising with or without bow passengers I put it in Cruise/Slalom mode as manual says- I believe that's up. That's a good point, but I've tried it both ways with similar results. Unless I put it in reverse just as the bow begins to pivot downward the bow goes down.

-------------
Rick

Print Page | Close Window