Forum Name: Boat Parts Wanted
Forum Discription: Parts wanted only
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=24664
Printed Date: June-17-2024 at 3:11pm

Topic: Need Airguide Replacement Glass
Posted By: lakemurraybass
Subject: Need Airguide Replacement Glass
Date Posted: January-19-2012 at 11:41am
Does anyone know of where to get replacement glass for Airguide Speedos Circa 1987-1989

Can anyone help?

rbass@uh.org

Replies:
Posted By: Fl Inboards
Date Posted: January-19-2012 at 11:49am
I have a box of speedo's and other misc gauges and what not's give me over the weekend I will see if I have anything.

-------------
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0

Posted By: Cuda Chris
Date Posted: January-19-2012 at 11:29pm
Lakemurrayboss,

Check classicboatwork.com, Dean is the guy you will need to get in contact with. A few are advertised on that site.

Posted By: Donald80SN
Date Posted: January-21-2012 at 3:13pm
There was a post on this site that spoke about using Clock / Watch Crystals ( Glass). Apparently, they are common and you can drill a small hole or two in them very easly with the proper bit.

Do a search on Airguide restoration and it should appear.

I hope this helps,

Donald

Posted By: politicallycorrect
Date Posted: January-21-2012 at 4:45pm
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Airguide-speedometer-new-box-Ski-boat-Correct-craft-Malibu-Mastercraft-/290659805939?pt=Boat_Parts_Accessories_Gear&vxp=mtr&hash=item43acacaaf3 - two new airguides on ebay

-------------
Skin grows back...fiberglass doesn't!!

Posted By: ClassicBoatwork
Date Posted: March-03-2012 at 10:17pm
Regarding new lenses. Clock glass is not the same as original Airguide lenses. It will fit but is shaped differently than original lenses. I have quite a few that I bought as NOS but are not correct Airguide lenses.

I am waiting for an estimate to have new reproduction lenses made. I will post on the forum when I have them available. I currently have only enough for my restoration work.   

Thank you,
Dean
Classic Boatworks
coolboats@classicboatwork.com

Posted By: Yellowbird
Date Posted: March-04-2012 at 12:37am
I am looking for gauges for a 1967 Wildcat. Tach, oil, water, etc.???

Posted By: ClassicBoatwork
Date Posted: March-04-2012 at 2:44am
Most of the gauges I have are on my website. I don't know what each year and model of boat needs what gauge. If you do not see what you need send me an email with a photo of the type of gauge you are looking for. Sometimes I can find them through one of my sources.
Dean
www.classicboatwork.com

Print Page | Close Window