Print Page | Close Window

What to do about this boneheaded move ...

Printed From: CorrectCraftFan.com
Category: Repairs and Maintenance
Forum Name: Engine Repair
Forum Discription: Engine problems and solutions
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=26594
Printed Date: June-28-2024 at 6:13am

Topic: What to do about this boneheaded move ...
Posted By: damonwells
Subject: What to do about this boneheaded move ...
Date Posted: June-23-2012 at 4:12am
... I took a toothpick and held that onto my transmission fluid dipstick with a very small o-ring because I couldn't see the fluid level on the dipstick, and the fluid level did show up clearly on the toothpick. I did this a couple times, in & out no problem. On the last try, someone asked me a question while I was pulling the dipstick out, I got distracted and wasn't concentrating. The o-ring got hung up and out came the dipstick without the toothpick and tiny o-ring. I tried a mirror and light but can't see a thing.

How much trouble am I in ? I could change my tranny fluid and hope I get the o-ring with the suction tube but I don't see how I'm going to get the toothpick out from the fill with the suction tube ?

Yikes ... thanks, cheers, John

Replies:
Posted By: BuffaloBFN
Date Posted: June-23-2012 at 10:27am
Probably ~$50 in the cuss jar?

-------------
http://correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2331&sort=&pagenum=12&yrstart=1986&yrend=1990" rel="nofollow - 1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO

Posted By: SNobsessed
Date Posted: June-23-2012 at 11:31am
Eric will chime in, but I don't think those items will get sucked up into the tranny pump, They will just lay there dormant. Hopefully the pickup has a screen.

I have the same problem reading the fluid on the dipstick. I use a small diameter wood dowel & measure down from the flange to get a reading.

-------------
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin

Print Page | Close Window