Print Page | Close Window

Trailer + boat weight

Printed From: CorrectCraftFan.com
Category: General Correct Craft Discussion
Forum Name: Common Questions
Forum Discription: Visit here first for common questions regarding your Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=27994
Printed Date: September-27-2024 at 4:56pm

Topic: Trailer + boat weight
Posted By: bwana50
Subject: Trailer + boat weight
Date Posted: October-03-2012 at 4:07pm
Does anyone know the approximate weight for a '96 Ski Nautique and Ramlin single-axle trailer? My trailer registration says 8000 lbs, but I'm sure that's a max weight rating, not the actual weight. Looking for a new SUV and trying to determine if I need it to tow Class II or Class III.

-------------
1996 Ski Nautique

Replies:
Posted By: TRBenj
Date Posted: October-03-2012 at 4:14pm
Figure 3500 lbs or so dry (2500+1000). Add some fuel and gear and you could easily be flirting with 4k lbs. Id consider a Class III hitch to be a minimum, and prefer a Class IV.

-------------

Posted By: P71_CrownVic
Date Posted: October-05-2012 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by bwana50 bwana50 wrote:

Does anyone know the approximate weight for a '96 Ski Nautique and Ramlin single-axle trailer? My trailer registration says 8000 lbs, but I'm sure that's a max weight rating, not the actual weight. Looking for a new SUV and trying to determine if I need it to tow Class II or Class III.

I am aware we are talking about a 10 year difference, HOWEVER:

My trailer weighs about 940 pounds. Total weight is around 3800 pounds:

-------------

Posted By: 74Wind
Date Posted: October-06-2012 at 12:52am
Originally posted by P71_CrownVic P71_CrownVic wrote:

Originally posted by bwana50 bwana50 wrote:

I am aware we are talking about a 10 year difference, HOWEVER:

My trailer weighs about 940 pounds. Total weight is around 3800 pounds:

great photo, although with a nice truck like that you could haul a small cabin cruiser....

-------------
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: October-06-2012 at 8:27am
Matt,
You have a little too much drop on the hitch ball mount. The trailer frame should be roughly level with the pavement.

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: October-07-2012 at 12:46am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Matt,
You have a little too much drop on the hitch ball mount. The trailer frame should be roughly level with the pavement.

Yes!

I switched it around this year. But that photo is a little mis-represented, that parking lot there is on a slight angle and I'm on the downward side.

-------------

Date Posted: October-07-2012 at 12:48am
Originally posted by 74Wind 74Wind wrote:

great photo, although with a nice truck like that you could haul a small cabin cruiser....

HA!

Hardly. I've only got the 5.3 V8, which is a fantastic engine, but with 3.42 rear gears, it's a dog.

My grandma's Buick Rainier with the 5.3 V8 and 3.73s pulls it A LOT better

-------------

Posted By: Foot_Fungus
Date Posted: November-11-2012 at 2:22am
Class II is toying with its max limit. Get a vehicle with a 5K tow rating and a class III and you'll be golden.

-------------
'94SN Restoration underway...

Posted By: 63 Skier
Date Posted: November-27-2012 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Matt,

I towed my Sport a bit bow low on purpose this summer, found that the prop guard scraped really easily at some of the rough dirt ramps I used when trailer was level. Might have given me an inch or so more clearance at the guard.

-------------
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique

Print Page | Close Window