Forum Name: Boat Maintenance
Forum Discription: Discuss maintenance of your Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=29377
Printed Date: May-20-2024 at 8:56am

Topic: Combing Pad Change Suggestions
Posted By: Foot_Fungus
Subject: Combing Pad Change Suggestions
Date Posted: April-01-2013 at 2:38pm
Wood is rotted on the current ones(namely port side) so looks like I get to try my hand at cutting new patterns. Going to use 3/8" plywood. Just curious if anyone has any suggestions on changes and/or things they wished they had of done when they did theirs. I was thinking about using a minwax sealer or something similar to keep these from sucking up water. With the boom off the side you can definitely tell the port side gets a lot of spray/splash action. Looked at going composite, but geez its pricey. Was also going to reinforce the speaker area with a ring of 3/8" for mounting strength. For actual pad to gunnel mounting I was thinking some small carraige bolts???

-------------
'94SN Restoration underway...

Replies:
Posted By: phatsat67
Date Posted: April-01-2013 at 2:49pm
You could do the inserts that go in the back side and are thredded. Then get bolts or screws with lock washers to exact size so that it doesnt protrude into the foam/vinyl.

I used bolts just pushed into the wood on the rear but I had to use those inserts on the armrest part because it had to slide into place so bolts sticking down would not work.

I used that same treated Ply.

-------------

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: April-01-2013 at 9:46pm
CPES the ply. No on the Minwax sealer.

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<