Forum Name: Engine Repair
Forum Discription: Engine problems and solutions
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=29769
Printed Date: October-09-2024 at 3:15am

Topic: Taking Suggestions
Posted By: phatsat67
Subject: Taking Suggestions
Date Posted: May-08-2013 at 11:00am
Last night I went out and did a slalom run and pulled my buddy wakeboarding. The boat has ran great all spring. Replaced all hoses and impeller this spring. The RWP had a small leak between the housing and the plate. I replaced that gasket and cleaned the surfaces with a wire wheel then filed smooth. Put back together and no leaky. No visible bubbles in the water strainer.

Obvious first ideas would point to air intrusion in any of my replaced hoses/impeller.

The boat runs 155-160(usually lower than that when the water is cool). As long as it is running it will stay right at 155-160 normal speeds or WOT.

I noticed last night when I would start after shutting down hot for 5 minutes or so it would be up around 200-210 on the gauge. As soon as water began to flow it would drop back down to 140 or so and then settle back at 155-160.

The port manifold felt a bit hotter than the stbd manifold. New thermostat 600+/- hours and 7 seasons ago maybe it's time for another?

It's never had chunks come out of an impeller since the rebuild so there shouldn't be any stray rubber floating around. I am thinking maybe a sticky thermostat not going to full flow when it opens. Might as well throw one in it since its been so long and so many hours. The warmer port manifold has me wondering though. Trans cooler felt just slightly warm to touch so faint it almost felt air temperature so flow there is clearly alright. Did a long WOT run just to see if it would climb while under way. Stayed right at 160.

Let the brain storming begin! Plan on trouble shooting it tonight on the river. Tool box and parts in the boat!

Replies:
Posted By: TRBenj
Date Posted: May-08-2013 at 11:23am
Sounds like normal behavior to me.

-------------

Posted By: MI-nick
Date Posted: May-08-2013 at 11:47am
yeah, no problem.

-------------
As far as I can tell, I'm not quite sure...

Date Posted: May-08-2013 at 12:07pm
The only time it's ever went high after running is when its 80 or 90+ outside with 80+ water temps. That's why it raised an eyebrow. Normally it will creep up to about 170 when it starts. That's why it raised my eyebrow.

Maybe I'm just being paranoid because I did all of the water/cooling service this spring.

Or maybe it's been a long winter haha. Water temp is about 65.

-------------

Posted By: quinner
Date Posted: May-08-2013 at 12:43pm
Suggestion: Put gas in it and Ski

Posted By: TRBenj
Date Posted: May-08-2013 at 12:59pm
Creeping temps after a hard run, but still running (at idle) are normal to an extent- though wide swings (>20deg) would have me looking for minor air leaks between the pick up and RWP. I dont believe this is what youre describing though.

Creeping temps after a hard run and shutting down are normal... Your cooling system doesnt function very well with the engine off.

-------------

Date Posted: May-08-2013 at 1:21pm
This is true Mr. Tim.

I like Quinners suggestion haha.

It just never did that last summer even after we would do a barefoot run on the river(if I remember correctly).

Maybe I need to work my bugs out for the beginning of the season and not the boat ;).

I am a little OCD when it comes to vital gauges.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window