Forum Name: Engine Repair
Forum Discription: Engine problems and solutions
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=29790
Printed Date: October-09-2024 at 3:24am

Topic: Dearborn Intercptor Model C transmission
Posted By: swsiebert
Subject: Dearborn Intercptor Model C transmission
Date Posted: May-10-2013 at 12:46am
I am looking for a parts list for my Model C Dearborn Interceptor Transmission. I have a manual that has Eaton numbers but they obsolete. I have read that many of the seals and other internals are the same as Ford FMX and Borg Warner trans parts. With that in mind, I'd like to be able to order some parts and pieces. My trans currently leaks badly and shifts into reverse slowly.

Replies:
Posted By: Gary S
Date Posted: May-10-2013 at 1:06am
Welcome Steve. I'm sure you'll have some answers by morning. Any members with this knowledge have long since gone to bed having passed out not long after the early bird specials What is this trans in? How about some pictures?

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1711&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1966&yrend=1970" rel="nofollow - 69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: May-10-2013 at 5:57am
Steve,
Yes, a second welcome to CCfan and I too would love to hear what the Dearbomatic is in. Pictures too!

You may want to consider switching over to a B/W Velvet drive. The Dearbo's weren't the most reliable tran's. Yes, parts are obsolete and extreemly hard to find. Some of the parts are common with the Ford tran's but not all of them so you would end up with a half rebuilt trans. At least you have the C and not the A or B but still, I'd drop a Velvet behind the engine. My 64 312 is thought to have been shipped from the Dunphy factory with a Dearbomatic and then switched over to the Velvet within a couple years. I believe that even Boat Doc Billy (a member here) who's really into the Y blocks has given up on the Dearbomatic's. This is one instance that I'll overlook my "keep it original" ideals.

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: Riley
Date Posted: May-10-2013 at 9:35am
Welcome to the site. Look in the reference section. There's an Interceptor manual, (cream colored cover) that has info on the Dearbo model C including a diagram.

I have 2 Dearbo model Cs and like them. I can see switching over to a VD if you cannot find the parts or knowledge to rebuild, but otherwise, we're keeping them as long as we can. Obtaining hard parts is a problem if you need them.

Posted By: swsiebert
Date Posted: May-15-2013 at 12:25am
Thanks for the information. I really appreciate your help.

Steve

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: May-15-2013 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by swsiebert swsiebert wrote:

Thanks for the information. I really appreciate your help.

Steve

Steve,
You are very welcome. I'm sure Bruce feels the same and was more than happy to comment. You will find many here the same.

So, when are we going to see the pictures and find out what boat the Dearbo is in?

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Print Page | Close Window