Print Page | Close Window

Any footers intrested in this?

Printed From: CorrectCraftFan.com
Category: General Correct Craft Discussion
Forum Name: Ski, Ride and Foot Talk
Forum Discription: Share photos, techniques, discuss equipment, etc.
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=29976
Printed Date: September-27-2024 at 12:18pm

Topic: Any footers intrested in this?
Posted By: TX Foilhead
Subject: Any footers intrested in this?
Date Posted: May-24-2013 at 3:20pm
I ran this up the flag pole yesterday and got a good enough response to put it out here.

As some of you know, my wife is now the event planner for the Marble Falls Lucas Dragboat race, and I have been doing a sideshow act with the foils for a few years. To sorta change things up a bit and possibly add to the records that have already been set on our lake I was wondering if anyone would like to take a shot at the barefoot speed record?   I realize there are probably not any members up for that, but if anyone knows somebody who would like to take a shot I may have a place and the connections to do it.

Replies:
Posted By: 75 Tique
Date Posted: May-24-2013 at 4:04pm
Uhhhh...people die doing that. I think I'll pass. How about something safer but maybe just as entertaining.....like a barefooting figure 8 contest.

-------------

Date Posted: May-24-2013 at 4:46pm
I'm just the side show, I can't be running my own race during their race. Lol

Nothing goes in circles but the Crackerboxes.

Posted By: Hollywood
Date Posted: May-24-2013 at 5:00pm
I fall REALLY good. Like beer tent roaring good.

-------------

Date Posted: May-24-2013 at 6:03pm
How fast? I've my own private beer beer tent next to the boat slip I share with the Lucas Rescue crane.

Posted By: Smithfamily
Date Posted: May-25-2013 at 9:10am
What is the record now and who holds it? I might could give it a shot? I guess I would need some lessons on barefootin first, as I never have, OR, get all liquored up first? Attach an "emergency" bungee cord from my waist to the Lucas Crane.....

-------------
Js

Posted By: Smithfamily
Date Posted: May-25-2013 at 9:24am
Forget it. Googled it. 153 mph in March of 2011, by a Mexican being pulled by a helicopter! (I smell a joke in there somewhere?) Previous record was by American Scott Pellaton at 135 mph, in 1989. I guess likely there is an official sanctioned tow boat record? Further research...

-------------
Js

Posted By: GlassSeeker
Date Posted: May-25-2013 at 2:10pm
I think Scott still holds the record towed by boat

-------------
This is the life

Print Page | Close Window