Print Page | Close Window

Barefoot wetsuit problems

Printed From: CorrectCraftFan.com
Category: General Correct Craft Discussion
Forum Name: Ski, Ride and Foot Talk
Forum Discription: Share photos, techniques, discuss equipment, etc.
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=30502
Printed Date: September-27-2024 at 11:46am

Topic: Barefoot wetsuit problems
Posted By: W.U.S.S.
Subject: Barefoot wetsuit problems
Date Posted: June-30-2013 at 3:02pm
Went shopping for a barefoot suit for my 16 year old son. He is 6'1" 190. Not real big, but I am having a hard time finding a suit that doesn't ride up on him too much. He tried on a large and XL BFI and he could barely breath.

Neither Bart's nor Overton's carries Xl talls. Any ideas where else I might be able to look?

Pauly

Replies:
Posted By: TRBenj
Date Posted: June-30-2013 at 5:55pm
I am not familiar with how BI suits fit, but I would be amazed if he needed anything more than an XL. I would actually think he would be best served by a Large Tall. I'm 5'11" 195 and wear an Eagle Large. I may go to a LT to gain a little room height wise. No doubt a XL would still be snug when dry, as I have broad shoulders and chest... but you want the suit to still be very tight when wet. I have heard comments to the effect of "if you can put the suit on dry all by yourself then it's too big", and that is not far from he truth.

-------------

Posted By: fanofccfan
Date Posted: July-01-2013 at 12:04am
I am 6'1" and 200 bills. Large eagle or b.i. Fits perfect. And some say I have a bit of a beer belly.

Posted By: SN206
Date Posted: July-01-2013 at 12:52am
Go Eagle LT.

-------------
...those who have fallen and those who will.

Posted By: jdkenyon
Date Posted: July-01-2013 at 12:24pm
At 6'2" 190lbs I wear a BI Large.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1955 - 94 Ski Nautique

Posted By: GlassSeeker
Date Posted: July-01-2013 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by W.U.S.S. W.U.S.S. wrote:

Went shopping for a barefoot suit for my 16 year old son. He is 6'1" 190. Not real big, but I am having a hard time finding a suit that doesn't ride up on him too much. He tried on a large and XL BFI and he could barely breath.

Neither Bart's nor Overton's carries Xl talls. Any ideas where else I might be able to look?

Pauly

FYI

The BI suits offer the most protection of any suit (ie padding) and so when new feel like getting in a box. It takes about ten uses in the water before the suit conforms to the persons body contours.

So if he tried them on dry and could barely breathe...that might have been the right fit. It should fit as tight as he can stand it(within reason of course) because any looseness of the suit will flap when it's against the water and beat on the body.

Since he's 6 1 and 190 at 16 he's not going to fit any suit you get for long...go ebay or clist and find a used suit for cheap.

look for an Eagle a BIi or an Intensity

a short sleeve suit is best for a beginner, sleeveless suits catch on tumbles unless you do em real good.

-------------
This is the life

Print Page | Close Window