Print Page | Close Window

Water Dripping noise

Printed From: CorrectCraftFan.com
Category: General Correct Craft Discussion
Forum Name: Common Questions
Forum Discription: Visit here first for common questions regarding your Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=31181
Printed Date: September-27-2024 at 8:47am

Topic: Water Dripping noise
Posted By: ronix1284
Subject: Water Dripping noise
Date Posted: August-12-2013 at 10:46pm
Just picked up and launched my 07 super air, runs great but if your looking at the engine on the left hand side ( vdrive ) there is a quick water dripping noise. I have no idea what it is, no nothing about engines and am looking for advice. I cannot reach the drip because it is at the bottom and my arm cant get down that far. It seems to just be water.

-------------
Seth
07 Superair

Replies:
Posted By: SNobsessed
Date Posted: August-12-2013 at 11:47pm
Does it do it all the time, or just when the engine is running?

-------------
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin

Posted By: hotboat
Date Posted: August-12-2013 at 11:57pm
Check the driveshaft packing

-------------
Brian

Posted By: ronix1284
Date Posted: August-13-2013 at 12:02am
It doesnt appear to be the drive shaft packing, the boat has been sitting for over 2 hours now off and it is still doing it, so its happening all the time. The boat does have 3 tanks, two in the rear and one in the middle - and its happening on the side that the fill pumps are - I know the boats have weird impeller issues on the pumps and that sometimes they let water through and fill on their own. I did not fill the tanks, but is it possible this is just water that was in that system now just dripping out?

-------------
Seth
07 Superair

Posted By: Gary S
Date Posted: August-13-2013 at 12:03am
Maybe one of the block drains was left open when it was winterized. Your going to have to look around down in there maybe with a mirror

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1711&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1966&yrend=1970" rel="nofollow - 69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Posted By: baitkiller
Date Posted: August-13-2013 at 11:09pm
You have good hearing. That is actually the sound of money going out the bilge pump. Right now its just a trickle, dripping noise, it gets worse. Mine occasionally make loud sucking noises. Those coincide with a sharp pain in my left butt cheek.

-------------
Jesus was a bare-footer.............

Print Page | Close Window