Forum Name: Engine Repair
Forum Discription: Engine problems and solutions
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=31981
Printed Date: October-08-2024 at 5:13pm

Topic: 4160 Carb issue
Posted By: racingnc
Subject: 4160 Carb issue
Date Posted: November-09-2013 at 9:58pm
Ok so a some history on this one I rebuilt the carb new everything except carb lol for some reason when I turn the motor off gas drips out of the front right side jet. I replaced the float adjusted it but still leakes out of the jet. This obviously causes the motor to flood and hard to start. Any ideas how to fix this? It was quite embarrising trying to start it at the LKN meet up in Sept.
Thanks,

Matt

Replies:
Posted By: Dreaming
Date Posted: November-09-2013 at 11:13pm
there are a couple of possibilities to fix it,   adjust the float lower (makes the gas shut off quicker) or replace the leaking needle/seat.   the problem is that the fuel level is too high in one of the bowls.   pop the bowl off and try adjusting the float first, and while you have the bowl off, blow gently through the inlet, and make sure the needle/seat actually shuts off the airflow when you push the float up.   I think the pressure from the pump is approx. 7psi, so you could use an air hose and nozzle if you have a regulator that adjusts that low.

Posted By: gR@HaM
Date Posted: November-10-2013 at 4:52am
Also check the two o-rings on each of the fuel transfer pipes that connect to the metering block, and the vent holes that point upwards when looking into the carb chambers - mine were full of crud. Give the whole carb a clean, using ultrasonic helps if you have access to one.
Worked for me anyway

-------------
'82 Ski Tique

Print Page | Close Window