Print Page | Close Window

wakeboarding

Printed From: CorrectCraftFan.com
Category: General Correct Craft Discussion
Forum Name: Ski, Ride and Foot Talk
Forum Discription: Share photos, techniques, discuss equipment, etc.
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=32635
Printed Date: September-27-2024 at 10:18am

Topic: wakeboarding
Posted By: shawn123
Subject: wakeboarding
Date Posted: January-06-2014 at 11:38pm
Hi all, Put this post under general, now maybe I will try here. Trying to see if there is any interest in starting a small wakeboard group in and Around the central Indiana area. We have a lot of people riding around on 40,000 Dollar boats with towers and board but no one riding. We ride. We are complete amateurs so anyone would be welcome. Going to keep it family friendly if you know what I mean. Looking for feedback right now, but spring is coming lol -35 here right now.

-------------
if it floats it's not sunk

Replies:
Posted By: OldSchoolBlue84
Date Posted: January-07-2014 at 12:10am
Hey Shawn, going to be one of my goals to learn how to wakeboard this year. I can not commit to anything each month as we have two small kids, but definitely would like to meet up sometime so keep us posted when!

-------------
Kostas
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6700&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow - 1984 Ski Nautique 2001

Date Posted: January-07-2014 at 12:18am
Will do. we get up north now and then. Rolling prairie (Hudson lake). No commitments necessary. Just looking get some people involved in the sport.

-------------

Posted By: OldSchoolBlue84
Date Posted: January-07-2014 at 12:25am
Sounds good. We have the boat docked at Culver Marina at Lake Maxinkuckee (south of Plymouth). Will have to meet up. Enjoy the winter, counting down the days!

-------------
Kostas
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6700&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow - 1984 Ski Nautique 2001

Posted By: 4th ski-doo
Date Posted: January-11-2014 at 1:28am
In the Chicagoland area I have a friend that has a wakeboard school. He will come out with gear and use your boat and his travel rates are fair. I was a 3-Event skier going to tournaments for 20yrs and decided to change gears to wake boarding and surfing. I hired Joe for a couple hours not only to teach the kids but for me to learn about speeds, weight, and general driving for boarding. We learned about different boards, bindings, and he directed us in the right direction. It was worth a couple bucks to start using our tower and ballast system properly.

http://www.rlwake.com

-------------
2013 SANTE 210
2011 Sport 200v
1994 Bimini Skier Pro 190
1987 Master Craft Power Slot

Date Posted: January-11-2014 at 1:20pm
Sounds good 4Th ski-doo. We are pretty good with the weight and tower aspect. When I say amateurs I mean we are not doing s-bends and 720s. We are mainly looking to get people together to ride, learn, and motivate. We are encouraging every skill level to join so that people that are really good can pass on the trait and people like myself can be motivated. Sounds like he offers a pretty fair deal to those wanting to progress quickly.

-------------

Posted By: 4th ski-doo
Date Posted: January-11-2014 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by shawn123 shawn123 wrote:

Sounds good 4Th ski-doo. We are pretty good with the weight and tower aspect. When I say amateurs I mean we are not doing s-bends and 720s. We are mainly looking to get people together to ride, learn, and motivate. We are encouraging every skill level to join so that people that are really good can pass on the trait and people like myself can be motivated. Sounds like he offers a pretty fair deal to those wanting to progress quickly.

It's nice too. There are three kinds of skiers out there. 1. Is knowledgable and likes to help. 2. Wants to help but doesn't know and coaches poorly promoting bad habits. And 3. The guy that's great, can coach but won't.

We've got a boatload when we go out now, in 11 when we first went to a v drive tower boat we were all alone just trying to figure it out.

-------------
2013 SANTE 210
2011 Sport 200v
1994 Bimini Skier Pro 190
1987 Master Craft Power Slot

Print Page | Close Window