Forum Name: Engine Repair
Forum Discription: Engine problems and solutions
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=32993
Printed Date: October-08-2024 at 3:30pm

Topic: Choke not staying set
Posted By: Oletela
Subject: Choke not staying set
Date Posted: March-08-2014 at 8:36pm
Everytime from a cold start I have to adjust the choke. It is completely closed before adjustment. It opens as it should after adjustment but then the next day or even several hours later from a cold start it will be completely closed again. Anybody have any ideas?

Replies:
Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: March-08-2014 at 9:05pm
Jake,
When cold, the choke plate should be almost closed but not completely. Adjust it so you can stick a 1/8" diameter drill bit between it and the throat then go from there. Getting a new choke coil wouldn't be a bad idea ether. Considering it's opening, it sounds like you are getting the volts to it with the ignition turned on but, you may want to check it anyway.

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: Oletela
Date Posted: March-08-2014 at 9:10pm
Yeah that is what I am thinking, I keep having to adjust it to being slightly open, looks to be between 1/8" and 1/4", thanks for the drill bit tip. Guess I will order a new choke coil and go from there. Spring cleaning day but spring just wants to show up 1 day then go back to another 5 days of winter

Posted By: Waterdog
Date Posted: March-08-2014 at 9:37pm
Good idea to replace the bi-metal spring, they can fatigue. DO NOT drop that
drill bit! Like Pete said set the air gap dead cold.

-------------
- waterdog -

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=3896&sort=&pagenum=2&yrstart=1978&yrend=1978" rel="nofollow - 78 Ski Tique

Print Page | Close Window