Forum Name: Engine Repair
Forum Discription: Engine problems and solutions
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=33304
Printed Date: October-08-2024 at 3:30pm

Topic: While am at it ..
Posted By: malibud
Subject: While am at it ..
Date Posted: April-09-2014 at 10:26pm
Pulling the engine from 97' sport and replacing with a excalibur. Anything else I should do boat has 625 hours. Check damper plate. clean bilge any other ideas ?? Install paddle wheel for PP
thanks

Replies:
Posted By: gun-driver
Date Posted: April-10-2014 at 12:05pm
What are you doing with the old motor is it junk? It's a GT -40 I presume

Date Posted: April-10-2014 at 12:47pm
It has a cracked block I am pretty sure got down close to 0 . all freeze plugs popped out and the oil is milkshake. Going to mothball it till I can make sure all is good with new, used engine

Posted By: Dreaming
Date Posted: April-10-2014 at 2:37pm
check your steering cable, change cooling hoses, impeller, trans oil etc.   I'd just do the regular maintenance stuff, more because it's a new boat to you, and you don't know what has been done in the past. once you've done the routine maintenance, do a good shakedown cruise and pay attention to all the little details.   you'll probably find more to change.    

Posted By: storm34
Date Posted: April-10-2014 at 8:18pm
Since you're pulling everything you might as well pull the prop off and install a new strut bearing. Easier to pull the prop than the coupler from what I hear.

-------------

Date Posted: April-10-2014 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by malibud malibud wrote:

It has a cracked block I am pretty sure got down close to 0 . all freeze plugs popped out and the oil is milkshake. Going to mothball it till I can make sure all is good with new, used engine

Dam I'm looking for a '94 or newer block.

Date Posted: April-10-2014 at 11:45pm
Update. So a couple blocks from my pick up spot the truck driver had to lock up the brakes for someone who decided they needed to take a left hand turn. Engine shifted crate broke. engine is lying on oil pan smashed with oil leaking out..... So filed insurance with a 500 deductible. Carrier already said its not their fault ...I think i maybe ok since I paid extra.
Might need new thread but
Can I use an Automotive oil Pan ?
Can I use automotive Pick up ?
Thanks
Dan   

Posted By: GlassSeeker
Date Posted: April-11-2014 at 12:05am
so this happened after you /someone signed for it??? if it happened during shipment thats on the carrier.

-------------
This is the life

Posted By: Gary S
Date Posted: April-11-2014 at 12:18am
Originally posted by gun-driver gun-driver wrote:

Why not get one out of a truck Paul,I think they were used until '96

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1711&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1966&yrend=1970" rel="nofollow - 69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Date Posted: April-11-2014 at 1:03am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Originally posted by gun-driver gun-driver wrote:

Why not get one out of a truck Paul,I think they were used until '96

Can't find just a block, salvage yards around me want to sell the whole motor.

I agree with glasseeker if you didnt sign for it/accept delivery(which I hope you didn't) it should be on the carrier.

Print Page | Close Window