Forum Name: Engine Repair
Forum Discription: Engine problems and solutions
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=34242
Printed Date: October-08-2024 at 8:40am

Topic: how to start keyless SAN
Posted By: Richard Wong
Subject: how to start keyless SAN
Date Posted: July-25-2014 at 7:34pm
I own a 2001 Super Air Nautique ,so far,still in good shape and condition, even had fighting many times to fix the issues:
1) water go inside cylinder due to loss exhaust flapper and wave hit the stern,
2) over heat due to raw water pump fail, fix by bearing and water seal replace (never impeller fail),
3) starter broken due to lanyard intermittent so starter broken due to too frequent start on the sea,
4) overheat again few years later ,no parts fail,fix by cleaning all the raw water passage related parts,
5) can't run the engine continue,due to no fuel on tank,anti siphon valve stuck,and fuel relay strip down,                        
6) key pad fail due to moisture and water go inside, fix by surgery the rubber,clean and solder PCB,
7) milky engine oil due to riser water passage broken ,fix by replace it and change oil few times,
8) propeller and shaft ,rudder, struct toast by hit the earth , replace it,
9) idle surging and high ,when throttle to neutral will stop engine ,fix by replace fuel pressure regulator,
10) engine not smooth running,knock sound heard from inside engine,when pull throttle to higher speed vibration feel, figured out loose of the hall effect sensor (stator) inside distributor,temporary fix by silicon glue,it runs great !
hope these can help some body in puzzle.

Replies:
Posted By: ny_nautique
Date Posted: July-25-2014 at 7:49pm
Many people here purposely remove the exhaust flapper, and the stated reason not to is just what you wrote here: a strong enough wave or going in reverse could back it up.

-------------
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique

Posted By: bkhallpass
Date Posted: July-25-2014 at 8:24pm
Note, Richard is running his boat in the Salt Water off Hong Kong. Little different conditions than most of us experience. Lot less parts available as well. I've followed in on another site over the years and always been impressed with his resourcefulness in fixing issues.

BKH

-------------
Livin' the Dream

Posted By: Richard Wong
Date Posted: July-25-2014 at 11:13pm
Just share my experience,I had learn a lot from the site since I found it,one reason I stay with Nautique is I the web and get endless support and knowledge, plus the shop on line, I can solve most the problem .

Print Page | Close Window