Forum Discription: Engine problems and solutions
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=34306
Printed Date: October-08-2024 at 8:30am

Topic: 79 ski nautique
Posted By: 79nautie
Subject: 79 ski nautique
Date Posted: August-02-2014 at 11:24pm
Happy to be a part of this group.
I was recently handed a 79 ski nautique (mostly factory. Edlebrock carbs) that is giving me some issues. The boat runs great on with a full tank for a few hours (pulling a load). The issue seems to happen around 1/2 tank and after the boat has been off for a short period. Upon restarting and taking off the boat begins to act like it's running out of fuel, only under a load. No issues while idling or revving while the prop in disengaged. I generally have to prime the carb to get the boat to start after sitting for a day or more. I recently replaced the fuel filter and replaced the anti-siphon valve on the tank. Tried a couple pressure testers to no avail, but I pulled the fuel line from the carburetor and the pump filled a cup fairly quickly. Can a lack of amps cause this issue?

I'm lost. Please, please help.
Wayne

Replies:
Posted By: SNobsessed
Date Posted: August-02-2014 at 11:29pm
Could be the coil going out. Next time it acts up, check the coil to see if it's hot. You should be able to keep your hand on it.

-------------
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin

Posted By: 79nautie
Date Posted: August-02-2014 at 11:36pm
Thank you. I'll give it a shot. The only thing that makes me wonder if it's not a temperature issue is, today it was off for 30+ mins before it happened.

Print Page | Close Window