Printed From: CorrectCraftFan.com
Category: Repairs and Maintenance
Forum Name: Engine Repair
Forum Discription: Engine problems and solutions
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=34316
Printed Date: October-08-2024 at 8:35am

Topic: 1985 Ski Nautique fuel problem?
Posted By: jdavis121787
Subject: 1985 Ski Nautique fuel problem?
Date Posted: August-03-2014 at 10:32pm
I have a 1985 ski nautique that i have completely restored and has a new jasper crate engine that was put in it just before i bought it. I have been having a problem with the boat quitting on me. It usually fires right up and runs fine for a little while and then will start cutting out and die. It usually want start for a little while but then usually starts back up. At first i thought i had some trash in the gas tank but i took it out and cleaned it well and replaced the fuel filter. I put it back in the water and it ran great for 4 or 5 hours and the done the same thing. Does any one have any suggestions, i am leaning towards the fuel pump going bad but thought that it would just go out and not start working again if it was gone out.

Replies:
Posted By: SNobsessed
Date Posted: August-03-2014 at 10:46pm
Clean the anti siphon valve, it is the elbow on top of the fuel tank.

-------------
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin

Date Posted: August-03-2014 at 11:06pm
ok thanks, is that a common problem with those boats?

Posted By: gun-driver
Date Posted: August-03-2014 at 11:30pm
Are you sure it's a fuel problem?
Sounds like it could be an overheated coil to me, 4-5 hours is a long time to run fine then act up if it's a fuel problem.
I would check for spark.

Date Posted: August-03-2014 at 11:56pm
I believe it is although i haven't checked that but u can pour some gas in the carburetor and it would run for a few minutes until the gas ran out. That also wasnt 4 or 5 straight hours.

Print Page | Close Window