Print Page | Close Window

High Heat Paint or Engine Enamel?

Printed From: CorrectCraftFan.com
Category: Repairs and Maintenance
Forum Name: Engine Repair
Forum Discription: Engine problems and solutions
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=35062
Printed Date: May-09-2024 at 1:40pm

Topic: High Heat Paint or Engine Enamel?
Posted By: Jonny Quest
Subject: High Heat Paint or Engine Enamel?
Date Posted: November-20-2014 at 12:32am
My exhaust manifolds and risers just came out of a hot tank. Now I'm looking to paint them before re-installing.

I'm trying to determine if I should go with the Rust-Oleum High Heat paint (2,000 degrees) or the Engine Enamel (500 degrees).

Obviously in an automotive application, I would go with the High Heat paint. But I don't know how hot the water-cooled exhaust manifolds and risers get. Do the water-cooled exhaust manifolds and risers get hotter than 500 degrees F? If so, then I will use the High Heat paint, if not, then I will go with the Engine Enamel.

I'm also thinking about going with black on the exhaust manifolds and red on the risers. The engine will have a nice red/black color scheme going with the red valve covers, red HEI distributor and red risers.

JQ

-------------
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum

Replies:
Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: November-20-2014 at 12:59am
Rob,
Engine enamel and keep the colors original. When are you going to post a picture(s) of the boat?

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: SNobsessed
Date Posted: November-20-2014 at 8:50am
Don't bother painting the runners that attach to the head, they will just burn off & create smoke. If you 2 tone, do the embossed PCM text. Maybe just a racing stripe on the risers would look good too. JMO, sorry Pete!

-------------
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin

Print Page | Close Window