Forum Name: Engine Repair
Forum Discription: Engine problems and solutions
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=38661
Printed Date: October-07-2024 at 10:18am

Topic: Distributor Replacement
Posted By: H2oXtremes
Subject: Distributor Replacement
Date Posted: May-19-2016 at 10:52am
Has anyone replaced their Distributors? I have a 1985 351w with a rusted on distributor and I cannot advance it at all. I am going to try to some PB blaster to try and move it but I am also considering replacing it as well. It looks like it was upgraded at some point to electronic and the points removed but it looks to be in poor shape inside.

Anyone have any recommendations on which one I should purchase? skidim.com has a few but well over the 500.00 price range. Many online sites sell them for just a 2-300 bucks for an automobile application. Are marine distributors really as expensive as skidim sells them for and if you did replace yours can you let me know where and what model it is and if you where happy with it?

-------------
1985 Ski Nautique 2001

Replies:
Posted By: Duane in Indy
Date Posted: May-19-2016 at 7:09pm
Try searching this topic. It was hashed and rehashed a lot in the past 3 weeks. Lots of info to go thru. I think that is why everyone has been reluctant to respond today. If you can't find what you need then just repost for help.

-------------
Keep it as original as YOU want it
        1978 Mustang (modified)

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: May-19-2016 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by H2oXtremes H2oXtremes wrote:

It looks like it was upgraded at some point to electronic?

An "upgrade"?? How did you get that idea?

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: chuckactor
Date Posted: May-19-2016 at 8:55pm
Good luck.. Mine was almost permanent. I installed a Mallory YL that I picked up off of ebay. I put so much anti-seize on the new distributor that I got a weak ground for the points. Fixed that by installing the Mallory E-Spark kit.

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=33000&title=distributor-stuck-yuck" rel="nofollow - Distributor Stuck

Chuck

Posted By: H2oXtremes
Date Posted: May-19-2016 at 9:59pm
OMG i am terrified of this project now, i am curious how the slide hammer worked out

-------------
1985 Ski Nautique 2001

Print Page | Close Window