Forum Name: Engine Repair
Forum Discription: Engine problems and solutions
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=39179
Printed Date: October-07-2024 at 8:27am

Topic: muffler orientation
Posted By: hughman
Subject: muffler orientation
Date Posted: July-02-2016 at 12:49pm
Easy question hopefully. Fixed muffler over winter, reinstalling. Does the "bowl" in the muffler face the bow or stern? '81 ski nautique. Thanks!!!

Replies:
Posted By: gun-driver
Date Posted: July-02-2016 at 1:02pm
Just looked in the ones I took off my '85 they have a "bowl" facing both directions (same front or back)
The only thing I can remember for installation is that opening above the bowl goes up, I do believe.

Date Posted: July-02-2016 at 1:09pm
That makes sense. The other end is squared off. Wish I could post a pic, but on phone it won't.

Posted By: Gary S
Date Posted: July-02-2016 at 1:54pm
If they are like these the opening goes down, 1- so they drain and 2- if they don't drain while running you have cut their volume in half.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1711&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1966&yrend=1970" rel="nofollow - 69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Posted By: Hollywood
Date Posted: July-02-2016 at 3:08pm
opening at 6 o'clock. should be the same both ends

Posted By: gun-driver
Date Posted: July-02-2016 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

If they are like these the opening goes down, 1- so they drain and 2- if they don't drain while running you have cut their volume in half.

Makes sense. I was thinking of gasses being able to escape over the top

Date Posted: July-03-2016 at 12:02am
I noticed that I marked one end E, so that was the engine side. Started it up, ran super smooth. Made sure the bowl faced up. Itching to get it on the water. Waited too long. Shame on me. Thanks!!!!

Print Page | Close Window