Forum Name: Engine Repair
Forum Discription: Engine problems and solutions
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=39822
Printed Date: October-07-2024 at 4:20am

Topic: fuel pump wont turn on gt40 engine
Posted By: tborth1974
Subject: fuel pump wont turn on gt40 engine
Date Posted: August-31-2016 at 11:47am
Long story short... with relay plugged in fuel pump will not work.. I bypassed the relay and it works.. I have extra new relays and non of them work... whats the rectangular box above relays that says eec test? with out relay plugged in there is power to connector but nothing goes out... 97 ski nautique gt40 engine..

Replies:
Posted By: Dreaming
Date Posted: August-31-2016 at 12:02pm
Tracy,   Welcome aboard!    I think you should read through the poor man's GT-40 troubleshooting thread, lots of good info there, and probably a solution or two to your issue. I know there are 2 relays, did you replace both at the same time?

Date Posted: August-31-2016 at 12:21pm
yes I replaced both.. theres 4 wires going to the relay... red obviously is the power, green/yellow fuel pump , green /orange that goes to the eec test relay switch, and a purple black that goes to?

Posted By: Dreaming
Date Posted: August-31-2016 at 1:31pm
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=25584&PN=2" rel="nofollow - Poormans GT-40 thread

Since My boat is not GT-40 based, I don't know, but Lewy is our "resident" expert on things GT-40 related.   there is a good bit of information in the thread I linked for you, I would guess a wiring diagram is in there too.

Posted By: Bri892001
Date Posted: August-31-2016 at 4:15pm
You should update the subject of your thread to include "GT-40"

That way, you'll get more people knowledgeable on the subject to weigh in.

Posted By: gun-driver
Date Posted: August-31-2016 at 6:01pm
What do you mean when you said you "by passed the relay"?

Date Posted: August-31-2016 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by tborth1974 tborth1974 wrote:

yes I replaced both.. theres 4 wires going to the relay... red obviously is the power, green/yellow fuel pump , green /orange that goes to the eec test relay switch, and a purple black that goes to?

Purple/black goes from the EEC relay #87 pin to the Fuel pump relay # 85 pin then to the ECA

Date Posted: August-31-2016 at 7:01pm
I took relay out and took a jumper wire from red power lead to the green/yellow fp lead and it run

Date Posted: August-31-2016 at 7:39pm
Dont have the manual available right now but I believe by doing that you bypass the fuse. Check your 20 amp fuse
Do the pumps run when you ground the orange/green ( I think that's the color) wire connector in the EEC test block?

Print Page | Close Window