Forum Name: Engine Repair
Forum Discription: Engine problems and solutions
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=39824
Printed Date: October-07-2024 at 4:15am

Topic: Exhaust Manifold
Posted By: redtoybox
Subject: Exhaust Manifold
Date Posted: August-31-2016 at 12:31pm
I have a 1973 Nautique with a 351W Ford engine with a Palmer marine conversion.
I need a marine exhaust manifold. Right side.
Any suggestions on where I can get one?

Replies:
Posted By: bb12
Date Posted: August-31-2016 at 11:46pm
Check this out... http://www.manifoldwarehouse.com/mes/mgr;jsessionid=8BBA0A658FB0D7FFFCF42616F6ABE427?brch=mani&id=15" rel="nofollow - Palmer manifolds

-------------
1989 Ski Nautique 2001

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: September-01-2016 at 7:26am
d*ck,
The link Braden provided is for Barr manifolds. They are aftermarkets that will work but they are on the large side and heavy. Finding original(s) may be difficult so the Barr's are an option. What's wrong with your starboard manifold? Freeze damage? Have you pressure tested it? External damage is a easy fix with brazing or welding. Even internal damage between the water jacket and exhaust passage can be repaired but just more involved. BTW, if the starboard is bad, hopefully you checked the port side too. Tell us more

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: redtoybox
Date Posted: September-01-2016 at 1:10pm
Thank you very much for your info. My problem started by finding water in third cylinder, right side when replacing spark plugs. Thinking blown hear gasket, removed both heads and sent to machine shop. Reassembled, Same problem (water in third cylinder). Torn down again, another machine shop, reassembled, again same problem. Fan suggested manifold problem, and that seems to be correct. Engine has never been in freezing condition. Guess the internal section rusted. Have ordered new manifold.
Again, thanks,
d*ck Waldbauer
redtoybox@yahoo.com

Print Page | Close Window