Forum Name: Engine Repair
Forum Discription: Engine problems and solutions
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=41085
Printed Date: October-07-2024 at 12:21am

Topic: Dripping ????
Posted By: tjca77
Subject: Dripping ????
Date Posted: May-17-2017 at 10:31pm
Hey all, shot in the dark here hopefully you can point me in the right direction. Had my 2000 Air Nautique out for the first time this year on Sunday. Topped the oil off at the ramp, picked up my girls and we were on our way. Before skiing and after a 10 minute ride, I went to check the oil level once more just to be certain I got it right and when I did I heard a dripping noise coming from the front port side of the engine. Not loud at all, and only lasted a couple minutes. Oil checked out fine, so I started it up again and stopped it to see if I could reproduce, sure enough, same thing. Checked the oil again, and dipstick was right at the full lime with nothing but new Valvoline VR1 on it. My wife said let's ski so we did, boat ran fine pulling my daughter and then me. Boat ran fine all day, temp was fine oil pressure was fine as well. I checked the oil level and color another 4 times and saw no issue. I have been thinking of the drip noise all week, any idea what it might be? Thanks for any insight.

Replies:
Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: May-18-2017 at 6:16am
TJ,
Were you able to actually see a drip or just hear a noise? If you didn't see a drip, it could be just a ticking noise from a temperature change after shutting down the engine. I've heard them before. It's more of a ticking noise.

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: tjca77
Date Posted: May-18-2017 at 9:09am
Pete-
No, never saw anything in the bilge. While running I can touch both water jackets by hand. Port is a little warmer than star, but that has always been the case. Could have been more of a ticking noise. Was worried about something internal that I couldn't see like the exhaust manifold, but there wasn't any evidence that I could find and the boat ran just fine.

Print Page | Close Window