Forum Name: Engine Repair
Forum Discription: Engine problems and solutions
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=41385
Printed Date: October-06-2024 at 10:16pm

Topic: Cracked Head
Posted By: Delta Greg
Subject: Cracked Head
Date Posted: June-29-2017 at 12:49pm
I've got a 1993 Ski Nautique with a cracked head. I bought it that way because the previous owner didn't tell me it was cracked. He had JB Welded the head back together. The JB Weld seemed to hold for a long time, so I JB Welded it again and it seems to be OK for now, but I realize that I should probably be on the lookout for new heads. Just curious which heads to look for. I think my boat has the standard PCM 351W engine. Will the pro boss and GT-40 heads bolt right up? The boat has plenty of power now, but while I'm doing the heads, is it worth upgrading to better heads?

Replies:
Posted By: TRBenj
Date Posted: June-29-2017 at 1:10pm
If just an external water jacket crack, that jb weld repair might last a very long time without issues.

GT40, or even better, GT40P heads can be swapped right on (and add 40-50hp). Head bolt holes on any 302 based head will need to be drilled out for use on a 351w.

Posted By: Jonny Quest
Date Posted: June-29-2017 at 9:17pm
The GT-40P heads come up on Ebay constantly. Like Tim says, some of the GT-40 heads have different head bolt diameters. You want 1/2" diameter head bolt holes. Those heads that came off the 302 typically have the smaller holes and need to be drilled. Not a big deal and most head shops or machine shops can easily do it.

-------------
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum

Posted By: KENO
Date Posted: June-29-2017 at 10:47pm
here's a http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=41180&title=gt40p-que" rel="nofollow - recent thread on GT40P heads if you happen to go that route and need to drill them out yourself.

Gotta agree with TRB on the epoxy repair. It might last a long time

Print Page | Close Window