Forum Name: Engine Repair
Forum Discription: Engine problems and solutions
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=41544
Printed Date: October-05-2024 at 6:44pm

Topic: 1974 Correct Craft Mustang wiring diagram
Posted By: Dougwelch51
Subject: 1974 Correct Craft Mustang wiring diagram
Date Posted: July-18-2017 at 3:20am
I decided one day it would be a good idea to update my guages is my 1974 Mustang. Well the old vinyl had shrunk do I thought I would redo that as well. Well 20 or 30 pictures later from up under the dash of wires and they all look the same now. I just want to make sure there right. Does anyone have a wiring diagram of the boats electrical system or would one from a newer year work just fine. Thanks for any info.

Replies:
Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: July-18-2017 at 7:35am
Doug,
Welcome to CCfan.
I'd post the wiring diagram by linking to photobucket account but they recently screwed everyone that used the site. They now charge like $400/year for 3rd party linking so you will find LOTS of pictures here gone. It's really a shame. So, http://correctcraftfan.com/Downloads/PCM%20Engine%20Owners%20Manual.pdf" rel="nofollow - go to this pdf of pcm's engine manual that in our reference section On page 20 you'll find the diagram. While you're changing the gauges, I suggest running heavier wiring both + and - up to the dash. It's a know problem since it's on the light side. BTW, why are you "updating"? Keep it original!!
How about some pictures of the boat?

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: KENO
Date Posted: July-18-2017 at 8:38am
Here's the diagram Pete is referring to

You'll probably notice it says "engine wiring diagram" and it's for an early PCM/Waukesha engine which may or may not be what you have in your boat but would be representative of other Ford conversions from that time period.

It shows the gauges and some wires but it's pretty simple looking compared to what's under your dash since any other wiring, fuses etc are not shown and there's quite a bit of "other wiring".

You probably won't find a complete diagram for dash wiring..

Posted By: KENO
Date Posted: July-18-2017 at 9:20am
By the way Doug, I think you messed up your avatar info

If you click on your avatar it says your name is Keith Bagley and the picture is of his Mustang from quite a few years ago.

Print Page | Close Window