Forum Name: Engine Repair
Forum Discription: Engine problems and solutions
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=42854
Printed Date: October-06-2024 at 4:35pm

Topic: 2003 SE Nautique 216 Electrical Issue
Posted By: dkimball
Subject: 2003 SE Nautique 216 Electrical Issue
Date Posted: May-29-2018 at 5:28pm
My brother recently helped me clean up the stereo wiring on my nautique 216 which was completed by the previous owner and it appeared to be a just get it done job. Once he was able to get it cleaned up (soldered all connections, new power and ground wire, etc.) it seemed to take care of a lot of electrical gremlins I was experiencing last year, however, I still have a few issues and I am wondering if I were to replace the power and ground wires from the battery to the dash if this would solve them. I just did replace my negative battery clamp coming from the engine with a clamp style because I noticed that bolt style that was being used was fairly corroded/greenish. I am planning on replacing the positive coming from the engine compartment with a clamp style as well just didn't have one with me over the weekend.    

Current Issues. - The boat appears to charge around 13.5 amps while under way. Sometimes I can turn on blower and nav lights and the volt gauge barely moves while other times I turn it on and it drops below 12V on gauge but I don't hear any warning sounds or see any lights. When it drops there are sometimes some small fluctuations in the temperature gauge as well. The more concerning issue is what I experienced yesterday while driving around I was cruising (less than 10 mph) and when I turned on the blower it started to killed the power to the boat, I quickly turned it off and was able to keep the boat running. After parking at a dock for a few minutes I started the boat back up with blower running and had not issues. I had a similar event happen last year while running the ballast pumps where the boat actually died when I turned them on.

Any suggestions? Do you think changing upsizing the ground and power wires from the battery to the dash will solve the issues? Thanks.      

-------------
Kimball

Replies:
Posted By: desertskier
Date Posted: May-29-2018 at 5:44pm
I would try disconnecting the stereo and see if the problem goes away.

Print Page | Close Window