Forum Name: Engine Repair
Forum Discription: Engine problems and solutions
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=42864
Printed Date: October-06-2024 at 4:29pm

Topic: raw water impellor for 78
Posted By: fernie-funguy
Subject: raw water impellor for 78
Date Posted: May-31-2018 at 1:39am
I have found a crack in the plastic body of the model 17232 0000 jabsco raw water impellor on my 1978. It is leaking a bit and usable for now but I dont want to push it.

Does anybody have any replacement bits they would like to sell or know of what replacement pump is best to for a 351.. I think I have spotted a sherwood model that might work but I need more than that.   Thanks in advance.

Replies:
Posted By: Little one
Date Posted: May-31-2018 at 6:38pm
What brand is your marine conversion?

Posted By: Duane in Indy
Date Posted: May-31-2018 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by fernie-funguy fernie-funguy wrote:

I have found a crack in the plastic body of the model 17232 0000 jabsco raw water impellor on my 1978. It is leaking a bit and usable for now but I dont want to push it.Does anybody have any replacement bits they would like to sell or know of what replacement pump is best to for a 351.. I think I have spotted a sherwood model that might work but I need more than that.   Thanks in advance

That is going to be a tough one to find. It is green plastic and breaks easily. My recommendation is to go with a Sherwood pump. That is what I had to do.
Research under my folder of "Mustand 17 rebuild" and you will find a fair amount of info and pics of pumps that I have made or modified.
Others on here have other favorite pumps of their own choosing.

-------------
Keep it as original as YOU want it
        1978 Mustang (modified)

Print Page | Close Window