Forum Discription: Engine problems and solutions
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=42944
Printed Date: October-06-2024 at 4:35pm

Topic: Invertaflow - DEBRIS exhaust
Posted By: rwittmer
Subject: Invertaflow - DEBRIS exhaust
Date Posted: June-11-2018 at 11:18pm
Hello,
I have a 92 Nautique 196. It has 1340 hours and I have kept my boat in very good condition. Winterized every year by an authorized Correct Craft dealer. When winterizing I always have the engine "Water Ready", so when I launch the boat in the spring its ready to go.
Yesterday I started my engine (So I could clear out the fogging before going to the lake) and started OK but difficult to raise revs. After hitting the throttle a few times it finally rand great. To my surprise I found a exhaust piece which flew out through the exhaust port.

I double checked the Invertaflow exhaust and found NO holes, cracks. Everything looks normal. I can start the engine and seems to sound OK. Please look at the pictures of the piece which flew out of the exhaust. Can someone tell me if I'm good to go?

Thanks to all.

-------------
Rene Wittmer

Replies:
Posted By: SNobsessed
Date Posted: June-11-2018 at 11:50pm
Is it rubber or fiberglass?

-------------
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin

Date Posted: June-12-2018 at 12:08am
Fiberglass

-------------
Rene Wittmer

Posted By: desertskier
Date Posted: June-12-2018 at 11:54am
Looks like the baffle from inside the muffler. As long as there aren't any leaks I wouldn't worry about it.

Posted By: gun-driver
Date Posted: June-12-2018 at 12:17pm
It looks like it may be some of the glue/sealer they use. Below is a picture of part of the inside of mine you can see the globs of glue, could be some of that finally came loose. I would keep an eye on it for leaks for awhile
https://ibb.co/d3GRXy" rel="nofollow"> [/IMG]

Posted By: KENO
Date Posted: June-12-2018 at 12:18pm
If you do a Google search for "correctcraftfan invertaflow" you'll find plenty of threads and some pictures of the internals.

You can decide if that piece looks like some of the internal baffles.in those pictures.

How long is that piece?

Date Posted: June-12-2018 at 12:34pm
I would say it's the width of the exhaust tube.

-------------
Rene Wittmer

Date Posted: June-12-2018 at 3:18pm
Thank you very much . Looks like a baffle piece. Like suggested I will check for leaks.

-------------
Rene Wittmer

Print Page | Close Window