Forum Name: Engine Repair
Forum Discription: Engine problems and solutions
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=43316
Printed Date: October-06-2024 at 12:27pm

Topic: Carb intall
Posted By: BaccoBouncer
Subject: Carb intall
Date Posted: August-03-2018 at 1:48pm
I am in the process of swapping my EFI to a holley carb setup. I haven't done this before and just want to make sure I do the details correct. In this pic you can see how I am assembling it. My questions.
Do I only do a paper gasket from carb to adapter plate? i.e. the black rubber spacer/vib isolator doesn't need a gasket on either side?
The allen key bolts in the adapter plate don't have a loc washer? should I loctite them?
Only a lock washer on the carb bolts?
Torques?
Any other tips?

One additional question. The original steel intake manifold had a sheetmetal plate bolted to the underside. The new aluminum one does not. Need that plate? What is it?
Thanks,
Adam

-------------
'97 21' Sport Nautique

Replies:
Posted By: Jonny Quest
Date Posted: August-03-2018 at 3:06pm
I used a PCM gasket on each mating surface: between intake and spacer and then between spacer and carb. No vacuum leaks after 3 years...

I got torque specs from the Holley website for carb to intake mounting. You certainly can over-tighten. I used no thread locker nor lock washers. If you feel strongly about it, you could use a stainless steel nut with nylon insert.

JQ

-------------
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum

Date Posted: August-03-2018 at 3:11pm
Thoughts on loctite for the adapter plate no washer bolts or is it fine with the correct torque

-------------
'97 21' Sport Nautique

Date Posted: August-03-2018 at 8:18pm
How should I deal with this throttle cable placement difference between the EFI and the carb? Is there a standard bracket that will relocate it to the correct position?

-------------
'97 21' Sport Nautique

Print Page | Close Window