Forum Name: Engine Repair
Forum Discription: Engine problems and solutions
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=47837
Printed Date: October-06-2024 at 6:32am

Topic: Raw water pump identification
Posted By: 800wildcat
Subject: Raw water pump identification
Date Posted: July-29-2019 at 7:41pm
Can anyone help identify this raw water pump and perhaps point towards where to get a rebuild kit for it? Or another pump? Has number 908920 cast into the backside, appears to be an OMC. Came off a '75 SkiTique with a SBC. It's mounted on the lower left side of the engine block when viewed from the front of the engine. Don't know boat's history past about the last 7 years other than the engine was replaced about 6-9 years ago so have no idea if pump is stock. Back plate has a fairly deep gouge and couldn't find key for impeller and metal bushing inside impeller rotates free of impeller, so need a few replacement parts.

Replies:
Posted By: KENO
Date Posted: July-29-2019 at 8:13pm
Looks like an old OMC to me too   

Here's some reading in the link below

https://www.google.com/search?q=correctcraftfan+OMC+raw+water+pump&oq=correctcraftfan+OMC+raw+water+pump&aqs=chrome..69i57.11854j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8" rel="nofollow - link

Posted By: swilliams
Date Posted: July-29-2019 at 11:26pm
Omc. Rebuilt the one I have on the motor now. Seals, impeller and bearing can be found but a lot of cross referencing took place to find them. You will have to make your own gaskets. Best choice would be to invest in a crank mounted pump. I won’t rebuild another one for sure!

-------------
1976 Martinique,350 Omc. 1975 Glastron/Carlson CV16,115 Merc.

Posted By: 800wildcat
Date Posted: July-30-2019 at 12:16am
Found a bearing and impeller, but nothing else so far. Would be nice to find a seal although the old one does not yet leak and it would be really nice to find the steel plates.

Posted By: swilliams
Date Posted: July-30-2019 at 10:10pm
I will look for the number on the seals I found. Plates could be very hard to find but a tool and die shop could probably fabricate them.

-------------
1976 Martinique,350 Omc. 1975 Glastron/Carlson CV16,115 Merc.

Print Page | Close Window