Forum Name: Engine Repair
Forum Discription: Engine problems and solutions
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=48590
Printed Date: September-25-2024 at 11:12am

Topic: 03 196 Cranking but not Starting
Posted By: shea95
Subject: 03 196 Cranking but not Starting
Date Posted: April-24-2020 at 11:59am
I have a 2003 Ski Nautique 196 that is cranking but will not start. I have checked the 3 fuses in the main fuse box and they look good, I have replaced all 8 spark plugs, ensured the boat is in neutral, the lanyard is on the kill switch, and charged the battery to a full charge. Not sure where I should go next with this issue. Any recommendations are appreciated.

The fuel pump does run when I turn the electric on. I replaced the fuel pump last year. Also, for background, the boat ran perfectly well about 10 times so far this year. We took about 20 ski sets with no problems prior to having this issue one day when we went to ski.

Replies:
Posted By: TRBenj
Date Posted: April-24-2020 at 12:10pm
If the hpp is cycling then you should be good on the electrical side... I’d be checking the fuel level in the FCC to see if gas is really there or not. Could be a problem on the fuel supply side (lpp/etc).

Posted By: MrMcD
Date Posted: April-24-2020 at 6:31pm
Hook up a Fuel Pressure gauge, it will eliminate almost all fuel supply questions quickly.

Should be able to rent one from your parts store if you don't have one and they are not expensive if you need to buy one.   Handy tool if you have a Fuel Injected vehicle to check.
Good Luck

-------------

Print Page | Close Window