Forum Name: Help CorrectCraftFan.com
Forum Discription: Learn how you can contribute to CorrectCraftFan.com
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=50280
Printed Date: March-28-2024 at 1:34pm

Topic: image test
Posted By: MourningWood
Subject: image test
Date Posted: October-04-2021 at 6:27pm
Unable to load images. File box has an image address and I can't remove it.

-------------
1994 Ski Nautique "Riot"
1964 Dunphy X-55 "One 'N Dun"

'I measured twice, cut three times, and it's still too short!"

Replies:
Posted By: MrMcD
Date Posted: December-04-2021 at 9:20pm
I have added a couple images today and it worked.  I always take them with my cel phone, an Iphone, upload them to my PC, Apple or Windows, I use both.  When I send them to my PC I do that with an email and it asks me to choose what size I want to save the picture as.  My phone offers 4 sizes, small to large and I have found the Large picture takes too much space and will not upload but any of the other 3 sizes work fine.  

Now, the trouble I am having is trying to add a new picture to my Diary so I can use a new picture in my AVATAR.  I finally got the Avatar picture to upload today but it is not allowing me to upload new pictures to the Diary or use other pictures already loaded into the Diary?
Maybe I should just be happy, for the first time in over a year I do have a picture added to my Avatar, it is just not the picture I wanted.

-------------

Posted By: Mpost
Date Posted: December-05-2021 at 8:15am
Just went and checked my diary and also cannot get new pictures to upload. The process says success when i finish but now pictures show up. Also noticed that the pictures I uploaded in 2020 after the hack are gone?Cry
Edit
Just recieved an e-mail from Keith that the images will be reviewed before posting. Will wait and see. 

-------------
84 SN Sold   98 SN    Lund Pro V   1975 Alumacraft

Date Posted: December-05-2021 at 1:22pm
He is making sure your pictures are not in your underwear.  We have to have standards.Cool

-------------

Posted By: jmesser
Date Posted: December-15-2021 at 8:46pm
So how do we upload pix now?

-------------
Johnnie Messer

Date Posted: December-15-2021 at 11:25pm
Be patient, set up a Diary account, add the information you wish to share and then it allows you to upload pictures.  ( 5 )  The pictures you upload have to be approved by Keith prior to you getting to see them so do the work and wait a couple days.
I got hung up several times because at one point in this process it asks you to enter a code that is shown.  When you see this there is a button to push to Refresh the code.  Do this or the code entered will be out of date and put you in an endless loop trying to enter the code and move forward.  There may be more steps but this is what I recall.  I tried several times before getting it done but I can be pretty dense.
I tried adding a couple more pictures and bumped into load issues again so I will stay with the 3 I got entered and be happy.

-------------

Posted By: KENO
Date Posted: December-16-2021 at 7:00am

I think Johnny is just trying to put a picture in his Fish Nautique-Messer https://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=50254&PID=603076&title=fish-nautique-messer#603076" rel="nofollow -  )   and a random calm water picture. 

Maybe it's time for Keith to jump in here, but you don't need any approval of any kind to add pictures to a thread/post and you don't need to set up a diary account to be able to post pictures

I never did a diary entry, an avatar picture or anything like that and I can still post pictures the same way I've been able to since the site returned in August of 2020. 

No change in the way of posting pictures since then

And I know nothing about making a diary entry or an avatar picture.

Date Posted: December-17-2021 at 10:51pm
The notes were directed at adding an avatar picture to your profile.  Since the crash last year adding an avatar pic got a little more complicated.   Looks like the computer problem did not have you tearing your hair out.   Adding pics to a thread is much easier than adding an avatar.

-------------

Posted By: KENO
Date Posted: December-18-2021 at 8:24am
Originally posted by MrMcD MrMcD wrote:

The notes were directed at adding an avatar picture to your profile.  Since the crash last year adding an avatar pic got a little more complicated.   Looks like the computer problem did not have you tearing your hair out.   Adding pics to a thread is much easier than adding an avatar.

I guess you should tell him how to add pictures to a thread.

I would but I have to go comb my hair Wink

Print Page | Close Window