Forum Name: Gear Wanted
Forum Discription: Wanted water sports gear
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=50595
Printed Date: April-26-2024 at 3:15pm

Topic: Child slalom ski
Posted By: ultrarunner
Subject: Child slalom ski
Date Posted: May-02-2022 at 10:41pm
So, the boy is all cocky now that he’s popping right up on two skis, long line. The pair I have don’t have a RTP. Kiddo is small. 50 inches or so, 60 lbs. 10 y/o. Anyone have a ski?

Thanks.

Ultra.

Replies:
Posted By: DVskier
Date Posted: May-03-2022 at 1:45pm
2021 Connelly 62” with bindings on SIA for $335. Should be able to get a couple of years out of it and resell for no loss.

Posted By: ultrarunner
Date Posted: May-03-2022 at 8:55pm
Thanks David.

Posted By: 75 Tique
Date Posted: May-04-2022 at 9:06am
If you are on facebook, check out marketplace in your area.  Typically a zillion pairs of kid combos available with one of the skis having a rear toe.  Should serve a 10 yr old just fine.

-------------

Posted By: bkhallpass
Date Posted: November-29-2022 at 11:29am
Many people recommend the O'Brien Amigos for kids.  They have a high shovel, so they work well with big wakes at low speeds.  Wide ski, so easy to get up, and stable. They perform pretty well.  I know a couple of kids he wet to Nationals in Girls 1, 2 on anAmigo (fitted with a Wiley's binding).  You can find them used, cheap.  I think I paid $40 for the set I bought my daughter.  It would be best to put a good binding on the Slalom ski, if the kid is advancing.

Next, if the child is learning the slalom course, a lot of people recommend that you put them on a 65 inch adult ski.  Again, handle the big wakes a slow speeds.  Then,  find a more suitable size ski when they start completing the Slalom course at increasing speeds.

I bought my daughter a Radar TRA, 63"  with Bindings when she was about 10.  She grew too tall for it at 13.
But, she is a very tall kid (5'11" at age 15) and grew fast.  They are fairly inexpensive new, and you can find many of them used.  Sold the ski and recovered at least half my investment.  Was a good ski and only cost me about 60 bucks a season.  I would recommend.

FWIW

BKH

-------------
Livin' the Dream

Print Page | Close Window