Print Page | Close Window

Bimini support straps attachment points

Printed From: CorrectCraftFan.com
Category: General Correct Craft Discussion
Forum Name: Common Questions
Forum Discription: Visit here first for common questions regarding your Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=51026
Printed Date: April-19-2024 at 10:52pm

Topic: Bimini support straps attachment points
Posted By: Wilhelm Hertzog
Subject: Bimini support straps attachment points
Date Posted: January-23-2023 at 3:10pm
I'm planning to add a bimini to my 1982 SN. I have a tower fitted to my boat, which imposes some constraints on how low I can mount the bimini. Given how high the bimini has to be mounted and how quickly the bow of the boat starts tapering in front of the windscreen, I'm having some trouble figuring out where the best spots will be to attach the front support straps to the boat. The legs of the bimini are effectively as wide as the gunwales, so I'm not sure where or how to attach the front support straps so that they pull the bimini forward and outward to ensure optimal tensioning. Any thoughts or advice will be much appreciated!

-------------
1982 Ski Nautique PCM351W RR II Velvet Drive 10-17-003 1:1 II PerfectPass Stargazer
Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Replies:
Posted By: Nautiquehunter
Date Posted: January-24-2023 at 11:02am
I dont like drilling holes in the glass. Here in Georgia a bimini is a must . I have installed many bimini's on my boats . I always put the front straps in the rub rail ,

Posted By: Wilhelm Hertzog
Date Posted: January-24-2023 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by Nautiquehunter Nautiquehunter wrote:

I always put the front straps in the rub rail

Never considered that - sounds like a great option for getting the straps spread apart as much as possible, thanks.

-------------
1982 Ski Nautique PCM351W RR II Velvet Drive 10-17-003 1:1 II PerfectPass Stargazer
Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Posted By: storm34
Date Posted: January-30-2023 at 12:07pm
Same mounting location as mentioned above on our 88 SN with no issues.  The extra fly-high optical illusion is another story Wacko

Posted By: Gary S
Date Posted: January-30-2023 at 7:13pm
Yea none of that electric boat stuff here- we want to hear that V8. Doesn't look like those wires are long enough to get far anyway.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1711&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1966&yrend=1970" rel="nofollow - 69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Posted By: Morfoot
Date Posted: January-31-2023 at 6:01am
I've done the same thing on my 88' as well. Works great and has held up for 22 years. Just make sure the screws penetrate the rope.

-------------
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"

Posted By: fanofccfan
Date Posted: January-31-2023 at 2:07pm
Chris!  Good to hear from you again.  Nice boat and picture too!

-------------
2004 196 LE Ski 1969 Marauder 19 1978 Ski

Posted By: Mikeski2000
Date Posted: February-10-2023 at 6:34pm
That Bimini is a nice touch. The fly hi pole makes surfing possible too. Well that and the 9 other people behind Chris while the boys surfed.

-------------
Mike

Print Page | Close Window