Forum Name: General Discussion
Forum Discription: Anything Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=51151
Printed Date: April-28-2024 at 12:57pm

Topic: Ski wake 92 SN vs 99 SN OB
Posted By: davidaha
Subject: Ski wake 92 SN vs 99 SN OB
Date Posted: May-24-2023 at 4:02pm
I have had a 92 SN closed bow for quite awhile.   Am interested in a 99 SN OB, but have not skied behind one.     For 15 to 28 off 32mph in course how do the wakes compare?

-------------
92 Ski Nautique

Replies:
Posted By: Jonny Quest
Date Posted: May-24-2023 at 4:52pm
I used to own a 1994 Ski Nautique (open bow).  That was known as the NWZ or No Wake Zone hull.  The NWZ hull was a big upgrade from the previous hull on the "2001" boats.  In 1997 Correct Craft came out with the TSC hull or Total Surface Control.  Some call the TSC hull boats "bubble butts" for the stern design.  The NWZ hulls were beautiful with the "slant back" stern design.

I have many hours skiing behind all 3 hulls.  In 2020, I sold my 1994 Ski Nautique to purchase a new-to-me Ski Nautique (open bow) with the TSC hull (model year 2001).  From personal experience, I can tell you that the NWZ hull is good, and is a big upgrade from the 2001 hull.  The TSC hull, however, is a huge upgrade over the NWZ hull.  If you are a serious skier, you'll love the TSC hull.

JQ

-------------
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum

Posted By: MourningWood
Date Posted: May-24-2023 at 9:37pm
Have had lot's of time with 2001's, NWZ's. Never owned a TSC. I was, however, fortunate to be asked to help out during AWSA certification testing in 1997 (first year for TSC). I was basically 'ballast', but I was amazed at the visual difference in the TSC wakes at all line lengths. What wake?

-------------
1994 Ski Nautique "Riot"
1964 Dunphy X-55 "One 'N Dun"

'I measured twice, cut three times, and it's still too short!"

Print Page | Close Window