Forum Name: General Discussion
Forum Discription: Anything Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=51687
Printed Date: September-16-2024 at 3:26pm

Topic: Emergency Cutoff Lanyard
Posted By: MzSanAntone
Subject: Emergency Cutoff Lanyard
Date Posted: July-11-2024 at 3:38pm
I think I have lost this emergency lanyard switch, so I can't start boat.  I haven't seen it since we bought the boat 3 years ago.  How do I go about getting another?  I have a 2002 Ski Nautique it has a PCM  5.0.

Replies:
Posted By: MrMcD
Date Posted: July-11-2024 at 5:50pm
If you wish to use the boat the switch can be hard wired so it no longer functions but the boat does start.   I know they are there for safety but I have not used mine in 10 years.   Not sure if others use the lanyard every time out?  Would Nautique Parts have it on the shelf?  They are a vendor and support this forum.

Date Posted: July-12-2024 at 1:52am
Thank you for your repIy.  I will look into that.   

Posted By: 2001SAN
Date Posted: July-12-2024 at 3:16am
When my one failed I just bypassed it while waiting for a generic replacement from flea bay. Easy swap.

-------------
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing...

2001 Super Air Nautique
1989 Fairline Corniche 31

www.bannrivercruises.co.uk

Posted By: 63 Skier
Date Posted: July-12-2024 at 9:44am
Definitely can buy them from the boating supply houses.  There are 2 types, we have the one with kind of a U shaped slot that slides in and holds the switch down, there's also one with just a loop that flicks a toggle switch to on.  Make sure you get the first type.

I've never used mine on the Nautique, or any Nautique.  But I like having it, not only for safety if I ever choose to clip it on, but also if all else fails you can yank the cord to kill the boat (I know, unlikely to ever need it).

-------------
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique

Date Posted: July-12-2024 at 7:03pm
I so appreciate all the responses.  I found the lanyard!  Thanks again you people are awesome.Big smile

Print Page | Close Window