Forum Name: General Discussion
Forum Discription: Anything Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5725
Printed Date: September-27-2024 at 12:01pm

Topic: "Go Orginal Fans" - you’re gonna hate it
Posted By: 63CCSN
Subject: "Go Orginal Fans" - you’re gonna hate it
Date Posted: February-12-2007 at 7:58am
Found http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1967-Correct-Craft-Ski-Unique-Custom_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ63686QQihZ013QQitemZ230091000715QQrdZ1 - this cla$$ic Correct Craft on ebay.

Love it or hate it?

For my $0.02 I'm not a big fan of it. If you want all that, fine. But why do that to a cla$$ic?

Replies:
Posted By: bkhallpass
Date Posted: February-12-2007 at 8:37am
I admire the craftmanship. Looks like it was all done first rate. Just not my personal style. BKH

-------------
Livin' the Dream

Posted By: boat dr
Date Posted: February-12-2007 at 8:39am
66ccsn, Is there a law that says that you can't do that to a cla$$ic ride,if not there should BE.......boat dr

-------------
boat dr

/diaries/details.asp?ID=4631 - 1949 Dart
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1533 - 1964 American Skier

Posted By: Riley
Date Posted: February-12-2007 at 8:40am
I love it. Best custom job I've ever seen. I like original, but would much rather see an old CC that needed total restoration be done up like that, rather than turn it into a bar or some sort of ornament.

Posted By: 63CCSN
Date Posted: February-12-2007 at 9:41am
Nope no law, and to each their own. The work is first rate. Really, it's impressive.

I'm just asking why do that to a rare boat when there are so many other boats that are not as rare, and would, if done up, would display their work just as well.

And I agree with Riley, it is better than the boat sitting in a boneyard somewhere with the stringers rotting, the hull hogging out of shape with rain water pooling in the bilge and that 327 freezing up.

Just not my cup of tea.

Posted By: JMurph
Date Posted: February-12-2007 at 10:01am
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

...would much rather see an old CC that needed total restoration be done up like that, rather than turn it into a bar or some sort of ornament.

You beat me to the punch. I would much rather see some "pimp my boat" special, rather it being used for a bar or something of the sort. Although, I would rather see it as a bar, than sent to the scrap yard.

I don't really like the boat, but what a nice job someone did on it. Who would take the time to turn that boat into what looks like an advertising scheme for someone? Nice job on the boat, but I'm not buying.

IMO, keep it as close to original as possible.

-JMurph

-------------

Posted By: Mojo
Date Posted: February-12-2007 at 10:13am
Murph,
I think it is an advertizing "banner" if you will for JL Audio... I'd like to see the bank of batteries this rig has to even light all those speakers up?? Bet it doesn't even have an engine, just amps under the doghouse...Unfortunately, no one's going to buy it for that price... Too Bad.. I'm sure the hour meter on the work done is out the roof..

Moj'

-------------
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Posted By: Hollywood
Date Posted: February-12-2007 at 10:18am
Nicely done, I see it as advertising and not a cla$$ic CC. Those seats don't look comfortable at all.

-------------

Posted By: 81nautique
Date Posted: February-12-2007 at 10:24am
Definately an add for his audio business. Nicely done but excessive as most of that over the top audio is.

Practical, not really but I'm sure that was not the intent either.

The boat itself and the workmanship without all the audio gaga is actually pretty darn cool.

-------------
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails

Posted By: nates78ski
Date Posted: February-12-2007 at 11:15am
yeah, cool boat, looks like very nice work, just too much... i hate to even say this word "Bling" for me, but still very well done...

Nate

-------------
Nathan
http://correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1463&sort=&pagenum=3&yrstart=1978&yrend=1978" rel="nofollow - My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll

Posted By: eric lavine
Date Posted: February-12-2007 at 12:16pm
some of you guys need bifocals...

-------------
"the things you own will start to own you"

Posted By: Tim D
Date Posted: February-12-2007 at 12:55pm
Hey, new tv show, Pimp My Boat!

-------------
Tim D

Posted By: reidp
Date Posted: February-12-2007 at 12:57pm
Wait just a second, you bunch of overly opinionated jacka$$es! I think that boat looks FANTASIC! I like it so much that I've had some new styling performed on my '63 Cla$$ic which my real friends tell me is the bomb, so I obviously need to find a new website of boat friends to hang with. Riley, you're welcome to go for a ride, but nobody else.

-------------
ReidP
/diaries/details.asp?ID=231&yrstart=1971&yrend=1975 - 1973 Mustang

Date Posted: February-12-2007 at 1:03pm
Tim ,i see thatReidP is ready and willing to be the first to get this show off the ground.Are there any more ?
ReidP how are they going to the DOGS,to the color scheme?Do they change the color of the boat to match the dogs or vice versa,the color s now are too busy,need more chocolate,ie dogs..........boat dr

-------------
boat dr

Posted By: 62 wood
Date Posted: February-12-2007 at 1:16pm
Nice job Reid! You got the neon lights under that girl?

I saw the boat on ebay last night and about puked!!! nice workmanship, but beyond that? yukkk... (and some of us dont even want to cut the dash for a radio)

btw: Reid you forgot to turn your hat around!

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1117&sort=&pagenum=6" rel="nofollow - 64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: February-12-2007 at 1:33pm
Eric, I wear TRIFOCALS and even had a hard time looking at it. I think dark sun gla$$es would be better to shield the eyes from the bright colors. Someone will buy it as we all do have different tastes.

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: nautique frk
Date Posted: February-12-2007 at 1:41pm
I have to say that is one BAD CUSTOM !!!
That is the best job I have seen yet !!!

Nautique Frk

Date Posted: February-12-2007 at 2:34pm
Frk, were you talking about my new real deal boat or the ebay imposter?

Doc, forget about the brown dogs. For some reason, my chocolates won't ride in it now. I'm getting me several poodles who know what cla$$ is all about.......and with lime dog vests.

Steve, I'm still a novice at being cool. I'll try and remember the hat. The neon lights short out every time I launch her.

I did the graphics myself.

-------------
ReidP

Date Posted: February-12-2007 at 3:08pm
reidp, gotta have those little yappy poodles,not the real onesthat stand 3 ft. tall.The lime vests go wellw/white dog.
And ya gotta ditch the hat,too redneck,replace with one of those Skipper hats.
It only costs a little more to go first cla$$,and by the way what do the graphics say on the side of this new custom pimp ride ?
       boat dr

-------------
boat dr

Posted By: Hollywood
Date Posted: February-12-2007 at 3:20pm
sh*tique?

-------------

Date Posted: February-12-2007 at 3:47pm
OK Kevin, I guess you can ride too. At least you picked up on the graphics. Maybe I'll bring her to "Green" Lake.

-------------
ReidP

Date Posted: February-12-2007 at 3:57pm
Reid, I'd love a ride in that Cla$$ic, but I got to tell you, if you did her over like that, I'll be chumming the whole way.

Posted By: 81nautique
Date Posted: February-12-2007 at 4:49pm
If he hasn't sold that boat before July we should talk him into bringing it to Green lake.

I bet if we cranked that sucker up to 11 for about a half hour all the fish in the lake would float to the top dead, we could have a heck of a fish fry.

-------------
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails

Posted By: nautique frk
Date Posted: February-12-2007 at 6:24pm
Reid , Your custom job is far better.
Did you make the V drive mod too !!
All you need now is......... A TOWER loaded with speakers and kc daylighters !!

Just kidding, you do that to your cla$$ic and you loose you're membership to Boat Club !!

FRK

Posted By: Tim D
Date Posted: February-12-2007 at 6:27pm

-------------
Tim D

Posted By: The Lake
Date Posted: February-12-2007 at 6:43pm
Tim,

Very nice! But, I'd say that is "surround sound."
(The dogs look embara$$ed.)

Chuck

-------------
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

http://correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=775&sort=&pagenum=3&yrstart=1966&yrend=1970 - 69 Ski Nautique

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: February-12-2007 at 7:25pm
preety amazing craftsmanship

Posted By: hasbeenskier
Date Posted: February-12-2007 at 7:45pm
I bet the owner is George Jetson

-------------
hasbeenskier

Posted By: jbear
Date Posted: February-12-2007 at 8:31pm
Those dogs ARE embarresed. I am surprised they don't bite Reid.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...

Posted By: MaddMarxx
Date Posted: February-12-2007 at 9:11pm
He needs a pimp hat!

Posted By: skyfuzz
Date Posted: February-12-2007 at 10:07pm
...the green gelcoat is cool...that's about it...

Date Posted: February-12-2007 at 11:10pm
Tim, you just about killed me with that adder. Great thinking.

I think most agree that the craftsmanship is there. While I'm really big on originality, I do like a plethora of color, and I do like some additional period-correct colors other than the 3-4 colors originally available on a two-tone Cla$$ic hull. The pastels from the late 50's-60's really look good on these hulls to me. If this boat had original style white seats maybe with some green piping, I feel most would have given it the OK. Except for maybe Pete, as he's tough, but I certainly respect him for it.

Unrelated but related, we finally had the 390 Interceptor engine pulled from our Cla$$ic this past week. And after a healthy but conservative rebuild, it will be repainted the original Interceptor light green.

-------------
ReidP

Posted By: scott8370
Date Posted: February-12-2007 at 11:20pm
Wow! Nice job for sure. I like it....But good luck getting $25,000.00 for it. Hope they do. I'd like to do something like that and still make a few $$.
By the way,I love the cla$$ics too.

-------------
Scott

Date Posted: February-13-2007 at 9:08am
Imagine how nice it would be if that level of detail and quality had been put into bringing it back to original.

Posted By: eric lavine
Date Posted: February-13-2007 at 10:14am
How about just bringing it to another color Riley

-------------
"the things you own will start to own you"

Date Posted: February-13-2007 at 11:25am
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

How about just bringing it to another color Riley

Yeah, like all red deck and hull with white interior.

I've got a friend that has a small marina on a lake that sells gas, rents moorings and boats. He was dabling in selling some kind of v hull I/Os and had one coming in that he had ordered. He ordered it with nice colors, but it came in light purple with pink accents. It took him 3 years to sell that pig.

Posted By: farmer
Date Posted: February-13-2007 at 8:58pm
Hollywood said it best. farmer

Posted By: farmer
Date Posted: February-13-2007 at 8:59pm
Hollywood said it best.    farmer

Print Page | Close Window