Forum Name: Engine Repair
Forum Discription: Engine problems and solutions
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=690
Printed Date: June-16-2024 at 11:20pm

Topic: Pro Boss Swap
Posted By: Darrel
Subject: Pro Boss Swap
Date Posted: August-02-2004 at 7:35pm
I have a 95 SN w/ the standard 351 and EFI, it has 370 hrs. and runs fine. I also have a 93 SN w/ bad hull. The 93 has the Pro Boss carbed high output motor at 550 hrs. I have had this one for 8 years, never had to wrench on it (only norm. maintanance impellers,oil and trans change and a steer cable) and it runs strong. I want to do a motor/trans swap. because i miss the extra mph and hp/torque of the pro boss. The local correct craft mechanic says its a fairly simple swap. Disconnect all controls/fuel/elec/prop shaft/ engine mounts and lift out. upon reinstalling shaft pay close attn. to tolarances. i have access to a forklift for the exchange. any way i wanted to know what the thoughts /ideas you all have on this. Thanks in advance. Darrel F.

Replies:
Date Posted: August-10-2004 at 10:06pm
suprised...33 looks all by guys w/o an opinion...is everyone married and the wife wasnt around to ask?... all kidding aside
i did it anyway, built a 10 ft high lift in my garage w/ $38. in lumber and a $39 come-a-long on Saturday, under $80 total investment. Sunday pulled and reinstalled both motors. I had never done this before so it was a great experience. It was actually eaiser than anticipated. Both are bolted in place and i have connected throttle and shift cables. Tonight i should be able to finish up fuel lines, and misc. Waiting on a few underwater parts from skidim, looking forward to test ride.

Posted By: kenny g
Date Posted: August-10-2004 at 10:22pm
darrel,whats wrong with the hull on the 93 ?
is it rebuildable ? let me know how bad it is.
and what is the location.thanks.
e-mail is in the profile.

-------------
kenny g

Posted By: 89 Martinique
Date Posted: August-13-2004 at 5:34pm
Darrel,

Was the motor you removed from the '95 a Throttle Body Injection or a Multi-Port Injection?

Date Posted: August-16-2004 at 2:53pm
Martinique, It is a EFI "PRO SKI" motor. Does that answer your question? if not , let me know what to look for and i'll tell you.

Date Posted: August-16-2004 at 6:50pm
Checked at my lunch...it is Throttle Body Injection. fuel is injected into manifold from "carb" looking device under spark arrestor.

Posted By: 89 Martinique
Date Posted: August-17-2004 at 5:26pm
Darrel,

Thanks for the info. Would like to know if you see a big difference with the Pro Boss.

Print Page | Close Window