Forum Name: Off Topic
Forum Discription: Anything non-Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6940
Printed Date: October-18-2024 at 5:15am

Topic: got old water skis?
Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Subject: got old water skis?
Date Posted: June-03-2007 at 7:09pm
Don't throw out the old skis. This is my second and I plan on making two more for a set for the deck.

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Replies:
Posted By: p/allen
Date Posted: June-03-2007 at 8:02pm
thats cool Pete . I pass up water skis all the time at auctions . Nobody wants the old ones .

-------------
Pat
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w146/72ccfan/100_5977-1.jpg - My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.

Posted By: Tim D
Date Posted: June-03-2007 at 8:51pm
Skiadirondack?

-------------
Tim D

Posted By: Riley
Date Posted: June-03-2007 at 9:08pm
Those Cyprus Gardens bring pretty good money on ebay.

I like the old wooden ones for teaching skis. I picked up a nice pair of Northland Trixters on ebay over the winter for $30.

Cool chair though.

Posted By: MaddMarxx
Date Posted: June-03-2007 at 9:47pm
Thats cool pete...I see them all the time at the thift store by my house for 5 to 10 bucks a pair! you can also make a bench out of old wake boards and snow boards!

-------------

Posted By: reidp
Date Posted: June-03-2007 at 9:49pm
Just proves we are never too old to learn new ideas. Thanks Pete, as I've got a nice collection of worn out woodies and I couldn't bring myself to pitch 'em.    

-------------
ReidP
/diaries/details.asp?ID=231&yrstart=1971&yrend=1975 - 1973 Mustang

Posted By: copcraft
Date Posted: June-03-2007 at 9:50pm
Pete

Thanks for the great idea. I was just about to throw three sets in the can. I may try this. I'm sure she'll just love this on the patio... Thanks

David

Posted By: MaddMarxx
Date Posted: June-03-2007 at 10:30pm
reid...I dont think you pitched anything since the 70s, you can make, ski chairs, prop candle holders, and, valve cover planters

-------------

Posted By: The Lake
Date Posted: June-04-2007 at 8:46am
Pete,

Can you do 15' off through the course with that?

Chuck

-------------
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

http://correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=775&sort=&pagenum=3&yrstart=1966&yrend=1970 - 69 Ski Nautique

Posted By: Hollywood
Date Posted: June-04-2007 at 9:03am
Originally posted by MaddMarxx MaddMarxx wrote:

reid...I dont think you pitched anything since the 70s

yeah he has, hair.

don't cut up the old skis, ski on them! our ski collection is growing quite large and have sets at various locations like reid has boats.

-------------

Posted By: Darrel
Date Posted: June-04-2007 at 2:26pm

Good use for old wakeboards too.

Posted By: reidp
Date Posted: June-04-2007 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Originally posted by MaddMarxx MaddMarxx wrote:

reid...I dont think you pitched anything since the 70s

yeah he has, hair.

don't cut up the old skis, ski on them! our ski collection is growing quite large and have sets at various locations like reid has boats.

I'm beginning to think Hollywood's challenged me to a smartas# contest. He'd better remember that old age and treachery saying. GL's gonna be great as I may have to out-ski him, out-drink him, and of course out-run him, and then take all his girl friends, all the while out BS'ing him. By the way, I've got several cute young ladies that would love to make the GL trip with us if there's some room on some other boats, and that's no BS.

I do have some old skis I could donate however, as they'd probably see use or value there quicker than I'd get around to making a chair out of them.     

-------------
ReidP
/diaries/details.asp?ID=231&yrstart=1971&yrend=1975 - 1973 Mustang

Posted By: JoeinNY
Date Posted: June-04-2007 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

. By the way, I've got several cute young ladies that would love to make the GL trip with us if there's some room on some other boats, and that's no BS.

I am definitely volunteering boat space, my slacker friends are so far not game for a long distance road trip...

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1477 - 1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO5MkcBXBBs - Holeshot Video

Posted By: 79nautique
Date Posted: June-04-2007 at 11:28pm

By the way, I've got several cute young ladies that would love to make the GL trip with us if there's some room on some other boats, and that's no BS.

should have plenty of room on mine and could provide quality protection from all of the perv's that will be lurking, yes that's you HW and Quinner's boat mates too.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=756&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1979&yrend=1979 - 79 nautique

Posted By: behindpropeller
Date Posted: June-05-2007 at 2:21pm
Our ski team is always looking for old waterskis for drop skis, we have a pile we can give you to make chairs out of!

Posted By: Johnny
Date Posted: June-12-2007 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

should have plenty of room on mine and could provide quality protection from all of the perv's that will be lurking, yes that's you HW and Quinner's boat mates too.

HA! I'd like to see you try and stop us!

Date Posted: June-12-2007 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by Johnny Johnny wrote:

HA! I'd like to see you try and stop us!

won't be hard at all, you obviously have no clue who I am and how well I can back my sh*t up.

Been know to move a mash pit by myself, a group of mexican's thought they wanted to fight in the club one night, they got thrown out the door litterly, then there where the three clowns that wanted to kick my butt at the same time, you should have seen them hit the deck one at a time.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=756&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1979&yrend=1979 - 79 nautique

Posted By: jbear
Date Posted: June-12-2007 at 8:47pm
I can't believe that this bunch passed on commenting on Reid's "worn out woodie".

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...

Date Posted: June-13-2007 at 5:58am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

I can't believe that this bunch passed on commenting on Reid's "worn out woodie".

john

JB, You may have noticed that I have stayed away from getting involved with that bunch when they start in with their witty comments. I know better because I know I would be totally out classed and would not be able to keep up with them. Reid's "worn out woodie" when right over my head and I'm in shock like yourself that somone else didn't pick it up and go with it!!

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: quinner
Date Posted: June-13-2007 at 9:43am

Just proves we are too old as I've got a worn out woodie myself

How's that Guys?

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1143" rel="nofollow - Mi Bowt

Date Posted: June-13-2007 at 10:21am
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Just proves we are too old as I've got a worn out woodie myself

How's that Guys?

I thought there was some kind of law against misconstruing wording in quotes into a different meaning!!!

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: quinner
Date Posted: June-13-2007 at 10:32am
It surely is not a "Man Law" however when that misconstruing is done more so as a means to help clarify the original authors intended meaning then "It's All Good" not too mention we have all seen pictures of his shaft anyways!!

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1143" rel="nofollow - Mi Bowt

Date Posted: June-13-2007 at 10:44am
I don't like to go into details with humor below the belt, besides I thought Reids worn out woodie was common knowledge.

-------------

Date Posted: June-13-2007 at 10:49am
I sure am glad that you guys are so concerned about Reids shaft.

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: Johnny
Date Posted: June-14-2007 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

won't be hard at all, you obviously have no clue who I am and how well I can back my sh*t up.

Been know to move a mash pit by myself, a group of mexican's thought they wanted to fight in the club one night, they got thrown out the door litterly, then there where the three clowns that wanted to kick my butt at the same time, you should have seen them hit the deck one at a time.

alright, looks like the plan is to let 79 kick my ass while hollywood, quinner, and brownie sneak past him and steal all the ladies...just promise to leave me in good enough shape to foot in the morning

Date Posted: June-14-2007 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by Johnny Johnny wrote:

alright, looks like the plan is to let 79 kick my ass while hollywood, quinner, and brownie sneak past him and steal all the ladies...just promise to leave me in good enough shape to foot in the morning

those boy's won't be sneaking past me because quinner will be right there beside me and we'll be discussing which one we'll be boning first and then the second one and then who will have brownie and how much it's going to cost us for it to happen. And if your worried about Kevin he has a standing date with Allen's rotwieler, HW's really not into chicks that much anymore after sleeping with the dog last year.

-------------

Date Posted: June-15-2007 at 8:42am
I swear to god NOTHING HAPPENED with the dog. We're just friends.

-------------

Posted By: jbear
Date Posted: June-15-2007 at 8:43pm
HW: Careful around the dogs.....Reid is a real dog lover. In fact our Tennessee wonder dog Jo is dying for another invite to the Keys so she can spend another weekend with Reid. Me, Patti and Laurie went down to Key West but Reid stayed home with Jo.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...

Posted By: The Dude
Date Posted: June-26-2007 at 2:21am
Man I've missed a lot. Got a new boat buddy with a 40' go fast. name of it is (no lie): Major Woodie.

-------------
Mullet Free since 93
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=717&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1991&yrend=1995 - 95 Sport

Print Page | Close Window