Forum Name: Engine Repair
Forum Discription: Engine problems and solutions
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8224
Printed Date: September-25-2024 at 1:27pm

Topic: 1.23 transmissions
Posted By: pswann
Subject: 1.23 transmissions
Date Posted: September-02-2007 at 6:27pm
I bought a new toy that I am so excited about. The seller called it a nautique but it looks like a tique to me. It is in better shape then any CC I have bought yet. Not painted with a mop and the interior is pretty good.Stringers are good, I will take pictures soon. Engine was rebuilt but blown up. I took it apart yesterday and the cylinder was cracked all the way up. It was a Mercruiser engine reverse rotation. I was going to reverse an engine and stick this crank and parts into another block but I found what I wanted really bad. A 1.23 transmission for 250 to my door! No more messing with reverse engines on this puppy for me! So now I am looking for a block that is big (350 or better). My question is can I assume this transmission used a regular rotation engine before i got it or do I need to check the pump or anything before I put it in the boat. Eric did I do good you think? I am getting a collections of 1 to 1 velvet drives.

http://cm.ebay.com/cm/ck/1065-29392-2357-0?uid=4270531&site=0&ver=EOIBSA080805&lk=URL&Item=200147677086 - This is the transmission

Replies:
Posted By: dcoll
Date Posted: September-03-2007 at 12:52am
I was going to buy it this morning but was not sure if it would fit. I went back late today to buy and it was gone. Let me know if you cannot use.

Date Posted: September-03-2007 at 1:35am
Need a 1 to 1? I hope I get as lucky with the engine.

I bet you will hear somone else say about the same thing when I post the pictures of the boat. The fella posted the ad at 12 am and it was mine by 7. I like to jump quick which often gets me in trouble but I have a good time!

Posted By: eric lavine
Date Posted: September-03-2007 at 11:27pm
its a good buy assuming that is what happened to it, you can swap the pump on these for either direction. i buy alot of trannies off e-bay and i crack everyone of them apart for the sole purpose of that they can be 2 hours away from taking a dump....and usually they are....they are sitting in the corner of someones garage for a reason. I would at least tear down and inspect and put in some seals, input in forward spins opposite rotation on these transmissions. i prefer the borgs if i had a choice but with that trans you get the opposite rotation and the down angle

-------------
"the things you own will start to own you"

Date Posted: September-04-2007 at 2:57am
I will look it over when it gets here. Thanks for the information. I am anxious to see the rotation in action. I have props for both directions but I dont want to have to put the balance weight in the passengers side. I need to call you this week on the 1 to 1 rebuild.

I am working out a deal on a 350 that has never been run that was won in a car show lottery. I figure I will have it machined for the marine application and put a cam in it and be ready to go if my luck continues. Now to find a cam to put in it.

Print Page | Close Window